Experiments ... - page 78

mladen:

I don't think so

I think that it is a couple of simple raasons :

• human beings are inert - they don't want to change
  • the change requires effort (some more work needs to be invested to migrate - as people are inert they tend to be lazy too)
  • don't forget the scammers : without knowing to code, what will they paddle if they need to migrate to mt5? :) See some forums with all "that is a disaster, mt is irresponsible, they will have to compensate for signals for mt4, ...." and so on and so on, and not a single line of mt5 code posted at those same "cry baby" forums - they are simply waiting for someone else to give them the solution

and a couple more of (not-mentioned or not-mentionable) reasons

So, what you suggest? Looking for another platform? MT5 is just an update of MT4, let's say a MT4.1, but deproved. MT5 always will have issues and there is no good reason to change to MT4.1. Isn't it better to change the platform completely to NinjaTrader or TradeView? Why MetaQuotes makes a new MT6 and forget MT5? Why trying to ride a dead horse?  

mladen:

I don't think so

I think that it is a couple of simple raasons :

• the change requires effort (some more work needs to be invested to migrate - as people are inert they tend to be lazy too)
  • don't forget the scammers : without knowing to code, what will they paddle if they need to migrate to mt5? :) See some forums with all "that is a disaster, mt is irresponsible, they will have to compensate for signals for mt4, ...." and so on and so on, and not a single line of mt5 code posted at those same "cry baby" forums - they are simply waiting for someone else to give them the solution

and a couple more of (not-mentioned or not-mentionable) reasons

:)

nice combined : (not-mentioned or not-mentionable)

mntiwana:

:) :)

I already assumed,still peoples will be glued with MT4 for more 2/3 years at-least.MT5 is not mature enough yet regarding so many things,features and requirements.

The worst part is MetaQuotes doesn't even know you exist :):)

krelian99:
So, what you suggest? Looking for another platform? MT5 is just an update of MT4, let's say a MT4.1, but deproved. MT5 always will have issues and there is no good reason to change to MT4.1. Isn't it better to change the platform completely to NinjaTrader or TradeView? Why MetaQuotes makes a new MT6 and forget MT5? Why trying to ride a dead horse?  

As you can see I am coding MT5 stuff :)

I think that it is a matter of novelty too : I remember issues like having metatrader 3 code that was completely un-usable for metatrader 4, and what did we do? We simply made it usable. The same thing is going to be done for mt5 too.

Switching to other platform? Why would I? Bloomberg terminal is $2.000 a month if you make 2 years contract (ie : minimal $24.000 that you shall have to pay just for the terminal). Tradestation : check the prices of tradestation code and coding (let alone the rest). Metastock : sorry, but their coding language is anything but serious (even the API, after all these years, does not change anything). The new trading platforms : come on - they are converting from metatrader (what they know)

I know that it looks like : "Oh God, what are we going to do?" now, but nothing of a sort will happen. We shall work, convert, adapt and continue. Bus sines as usual. Nothing new

mladen, would you be willing to mention a broker that uses MT5 that will accept US clients?  Or point in a general direction?

Anyway:
The worst part is MetaQuotes doesn't even know you exist :):)

Oh yes :)

if he knows,he might not announce MT5 even.

my assumptions are like fractal dots and centered tma :)

I agree  with you  about metastock and others.Mt4-5 has the biggest coding development community.But some of the MT4 - broker fraudulent order execution practices still exist.There are some new kids on the block.I like Zorro trader with its machine learning,  monte carlo analysis and walk forward analysis features.

nevar:
I agree  with you  about metastock and others.Mt4-5 has the biggest coding development community.But some of the MT4 - broker fraudulent order execution practices still exist.There are some new kids on the block.I like Zorro trader with its machine learning,  monte carlo analysis and walk forward analysis features.

I am aware of that but, the same as you, I am aware that those features are not going to change anything. Those are not deciding factors and, for now, metatrader has the upper hand regardless of the short term panic caused by the recent announcements of changes

I agree those are not deciding factors :)

Like you said metatrader has the upper hand as long as:

• don't forget the scammers : without knowing to code, 

mladen:

As you can see I am coding MT5 stuff :)

I think that it is a matter of novelty too : I remember issues like having metatrader 3 code that was completely un-usable for metatrader 4, and what did we do? We simply made it usable. The same thing is going to be done for mt5 too.

Switching to other platform? Why would I? Bloomberg terminal is $2.000 a month if you make 2 years contract (ie : minimal $24.000 that you shall have to pay just for the terminal). Tradestation : check the prices of tradestation code and coding (let alone the rest). Metastock : sorry, but their coding language is anything but serious (even the API, after all these years, does not change anything). The new trading platforms : come on - they are converting from metatrader (what they know)

I know that it looks like : "Oh God, what are we going to do?" now, but nothing of a sort will happen. We shall work, convert, adapt and continue. Bus sines as usual. Nothing new

I didn't mean that you should change to another platform, but in general. We aren't married with MT4/5. I saw the prices for some indicators like a simple RSX for other platforms. Holy Mule... Many platforms aren't properly usable, some even don't provide volume ticks, or the platform isn't available for Linux/Andoid (or Mac) and so on. Yes, MT4 is ok, has a huge community and is good for learning. On the other hand many things could be made better. I'd appreciate to see a usable DOM on MT5 if you can trade futures with it, a build-in calender that leaves a discreet pop-up before heavy-impact news. And I hope that the MQ4 can easily and quick be converted. I don't need chating plug-ins or signal following non-sense, I want to experiment and have flexibility and less bugs. Then I'm satisfied.
Reason: