Experiments ... - page 84

Kyo:

Dear Mr Mladen,

Is there a possibility to add more types of averages to your indi:

BB stops (new format) 1.1 for MT4

Especially what I think is to add more slower types of averages, just like the smooth one, Tema in my humble opinion is too fast for lower time frames(M1-M5) . The slower type of averages (I’m not sure if I named it properly – more smooth what I’ve in mind)  I think giving better results on  lower time frames.

Of course thank you in advance for your consideration, work and time.

With best regards

That would be beyond great. BB stops is one of the best indis I ever used (mladen's ema variation being another good one).

Hello! Who knows what kind of indicators in the system

mladen:
Here is a version of bb stops with tema added

You have made some good indicators in your time and this is another - very well done.

It works on offline charts too.

TEAMTRADER

DMNIK:

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded

Hello! Who knows what kind of indicators in the system

I saw this picture already some where,dont remember,i guess multi instances of MLADENs new bb stop on tema

mladen:

Your awesome Mladen

Jesus bless you and family  

mades:

That would be beyond great. BB stops is one of the best indis I ever used (mladen's ema variation being another good one).
link?

Kyo:

Dear Mr Mladen,

Is there a possibility to add more types of averages to your indi:

Especially what I think is to add more slower types of averages, just like the smooth one, Tema in my humble opinion is too fast for lower time frames(M1-M5) . The slower type of averages (I’m not sure if I named it properly – more smooth what I’ve in mind)  I think giving better results on  lower time frames.

Of course thank you in advance for your consideration, work and time.

With best regards

Dearest  Mr. Mladen,

I’m really sorry to bother You again (so preferable don’tJ) but  I am really a great admirer of one of Your last work:

I’m using lower time frames (M5)  and would love to see it how it works with different  types of averages (preferable slower, smooth ,ones).

So I’ve got a big favor to ask is there a possibility to add more types of averages to this indi.

Once again thank You for Your work, time and effort.

All the best and with best regards

mladen:

bb stops (new format) 1.2.mq4

It is a very good indicator. But can not you set it so that it fits exactly to the Bollinger band of MT 4 standard?

Everyone, please teach me if there are methods and indicators.

Thank you very much.

I thought this illustration of the BB stops (new format) v1.2 shows, on a 25 pip renko chart, how it can be used as a confirmer of a prospective trade.

Appreciate your work MLaden!

TEAMTRADER

Files:
EURGBPM2.png  88 kb

chi8080:
bb stops (new format) 1.2.mq4

It is a very good indicator. But can not you set it so that it fits exactly to the Bollinger band of MT 4 standard?

Everyone, please teach me if there are methods and indicators.

Thank you very much.

I think that you are on a wrong path. Did you check the calculating mode of the indicator before you attempted to compare it to Bollinger bands (any Bollinger bands)? And why would it use mt4 built in bb standard?

Standard deviation (as a kind of an "essential parts" of Bollinger bands)  is defined very well (here http://mathworld.wolfram.com/StandardDeviation.html , for example) and the rest (average types even though the built in Bollinger bands "knows" only simple moving average) are defined very well as well - why the need to use something else instead of what is used in the code then?

PS:
Not going to talk about built in simple moving average extensively now, but just for the sake of tests try to obtain the simple average of the following sequence 0,1,0,0,0,0,0 using mt4 built in simple moving average and using period 5 (five) and let us know the result for the last value. Once when you get that result different from 0, would you mind explaining why does that happen? And how does it reflect the value of the Bollinger bands (since Bollinger bands uses that same simple moving average calculating method as the basis for the bands)

Also, if you compare the function that I use for standard deviation to built in standard deviation, you shall find that (provided that you do not use sample correction, which is an unknown to mt built in standard deviation) the results are exactly the same. I am not aware of the internal calculation ways of the built in standard deviation, but quite frankly I am fond of Donald Knuth's single pass way of doing it and, frankly, I have no intention of using some other way
Use the indicator as is, and if it works for you, OK. If it does not, then fell free to make different one, but the version I posted needs no change to conform to anything
Reason: