Experiments ... - page 72

mladen:

Updated the original post - re-download it from that post

Dearest MLADEN

So much thanks for updating and early response.

regards

mladen

I posted this in the wrong thread, tho its not an experiments i actually use the both to either filter ranging trends or trade trade both trending or ranging market. But its much easier for me to visualize using the both. thats why made the below suggestion

MECMAN: 

mladen,  using your  experiment RSI and your custom stoch on Daily chat have slight differences. Can you build and indicator combining the both as show on the image (referring to button indicator on the screen). I love the both indicators as a good filter for the daily chat

Can you create an indicator that will combine the the 2 indicators to form a straight line with 3 colors

So the indicator should display similar colors when the correspond but when ever they display different signals, the indicator should display yellow

so red = when both match displaying sell trend.

Green = when both display buy trend

Yellow = when their both colors do no match 

Just to clarify what i meant here. I want the both indicators images when combined to display a straight line having 3 colors, green red and yellow. 

Green = when both indicators are displaying green

Red    = when both indicators are displaying red

Yellow =  when the both indicators colors do not match

This request is based on my experience with them on the Daily chat. They work together just an image display why i use them both

just a little reminder 

MECMAN:

mladen

I posted this in the wrong thread, tho its not an experiments i actually use the both to either filter ranging trends or trade trade both trending or ranging market. But its much easier for me to visualize using the both. thats why made the below suggestion

Just to clarify what i meant here. I want the both indicators images when combined to display a straight line having 3 colors, green red and yellow. 

Green = when both indicators are displaying green

Red    = when both indicators are displaying red

Yellow =  when the both indicators colors do not match

This request is based on my experience with them on the Daily chat. They work together just an image display why i use them both

just a little reminder 

Why don't you use only stochastic?

sebastianK:
Why don't you use only stochastic?

Thats a nice question, you see the areas i marked as same ''here"

Now using Stoch these are the disadvantages. 

1. You may not easily tell the non trending areas

2. Your risk and take profit may be too high, when trading in the area where the both colors do not match.

Advantages of using the both.

1. It allows you control your risk for example. when trading if my fixed lot size is 1usd/pip (for areas where RSI and the stoch trend color match, because they are trendy areas with less draw-down) ...............another scenario,.but when ever my entries are confirmed buy other rules but RSI and Stoch fail to agree(when they both display different colors), i trade such areas with 25cent/pip. because they are not very trendy.

2.Enable you minimize draw-down.. Looking at the both in the pix.   

Day 1  Sell at the beginning of the day. close at 24hrs or scalp for only sell trades and scalp.Day 2 ... as you can see the both indicators disagreed, so i ignore that day

Day 3.... as you can see both indicators agreed. Sell from the beginning of the day and close at 24hrs or  scalp short sell trades.

......If you trade the daily chart only looking at that pix. there are 4 sell entry trades, 1 buy entry trade and 1 final sell trade 

3. It only applies to the Daily chat, So guides you on the trend so you trade on only strong trendy days. This helps you well on days you make trades that enter too early, you wouldn't be too worried, because you are trading along the trend

4. It allows you to increase your average trading volume.....eg trading more on the days they both agreed is over 95% accuracy, compared to 50% accuracy on days they dont agree.

1.Simply add your normal indicators on the chat.i use 30min chat.

2.add the 2 indicators on same chat but configure it to display Daily TF.

3. Configure the indicators to display red for sell and blue for buy.

4.Now compare your own technical strategy on the areas where the colors match against the areas where the both don't match, what do you see ?  Can you see that most of your losses are more likely to happen when they both don't match ? I hope i was able to answer your question

mladen:

Frama ribbon (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179671/page12 ) but with two experimental calculation methods added. The two methods are producing similar results, but both are having very different results compared to the classical calculation result. Wit the new method(s) some false signals are filtered out and the results are logical

dear mr mladen where is the version for mt4

havendim:
dear mr mladen where is the version for mt4
Files:

mntiwana:
THX mr mntiwana nd please look my message sir :)

@mladen

I will really appreciate if can make out time to create this request

MECMAN:

Thats a nice question, you see the areas i marked as same ''here"

Now using Stoch these are the disadvantages. 

1. You may not easily tell the non trending areas

2. Your risk and take profit may be too high, when trading in the area where the both colors do not match.

Advantages of using the both.

1. It allows you control your risk for example. when trading if my fixed lot size is 1usd/pip (for areas where RSI and the stoch trend color match, because they are trendy areas with less draw-down) ...............another scenario,.but when ever my entries are confirmed buy other rules but RSI and Stoch fail to agree(when they both display different colors), i trade such areas with 25cent/pip. because they are not very trendy.

2.Enable you minimize draw-down.. Looking at the both in the pix.   

Day 1  Sell at the beginning of the day. close at 24hrs or scalp for only sell trades and scalp.Day 2 ... as you can see the both indicators disagreed, so i ignore that day

Day 3.... as you can see both indicators agreed. Sell from the beginning of the day and close at 24hrs or  scalp short sell trades.

......If you trade the daily chart only looking at that pix. there are 4 sell entry trades, 1 buy entry trade and 1 final sell trade 

3. It only applies to the Daily chat, So guides you on the trend so you trade on only strong trendy days. This helps you well on days you make trades that enter too early, you wouldn't be too worried, because you are trading along the trend

4. It allows you to increase your average trading volume.....eg trading more on the days they both agreed is over 95% accuracy, compared to 50% accuracy on days they dont agree.

1.Simply add your normal indicators on the chat.i use 30min chat.

2.add the 2 indicators on same chat but configure it to display Daily TF.

3. Configure the indicators to display red for sell and blue for buy.

4.Now compare your own technical strategy on the areas where the colors match against the areas where the both don't match, what do you see ?  Can you see that most of your losses are more likely to happen when they both don't match ? I hope i was able to answer your question

mladen:

Again some experimenting

The double smoothed stochastic that is usually floating around is using ema for calculation. This version is a sort of deviation from that. Default does use ema for calculation, but it allows you to chose among the 4 types of averages for (double) smoothing. Some of the results are surprising (at least for me : I was expecting that MA smoothed version would be much rougher than it actually is).

Also it allows any combination of prices usage (internally it orders the prices so that they are "usable" in calculation). With all that, quite a few new versions of double smoothed stochastic can be produced (including a sort of a "raw stochastic" that can be produced when both smoothing periods are set to <= 1)

PS: it is already a multi time frame version too

Upgraded version (among other things, alerts are added and different way how multi time frame is handled)

Made a trend normalized RSI based on the document attached here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186300

I recommend reading the document in order to learn how to use the indicator

Files:
Reason: