New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 53

anton1:
Hi all coding expert friends,

Would you please to fix this indi, in order to use at MT4 build 610?

I really appreciate for your kindness.

Thank you,

anton

anton

Here you go :

Files:

Hi mladen,

Thanks for your fast help. But it does not work. Please advice how to do. Build 610 makes me headache.

thank you and regards,

anton

mladen:
anton Here you go :

anton1:
Hi mladen,

Thanks for your fast help. But it does not work. Please advice how to do. Build 610 makes me headache.

thank you and regards,

anton

anton

If you copy it to correct place and compile it it should work

Here is how it looks on my PC (build 625 though - but tested it with build 509 too, and it works OK with it too) : upper is a regular mode lower is the multi time frame mode (that is the same indicator from the post above - I used that for testing both on my new and old metatrader and it is compatible with both versions, so it should be compatible with build 610 too)

Check your experts and journal tabs of the terminal if something is written out there and make sire that you use the "nmc" version

Files:
ma_histo.gif  66 kb

Hi mladen,

I copy (the indi from you) at the folder MQL4 ---> indicator (at MT4 build 610).

when I open the meta editor, the indi does not exist at the indicator folder.

Please help.

thank you

Note: Can I chat with you?

anton1:
Hi mladen,

I copy (the indi from you) at the folder MQL4 ---> indicator (at MT4 build 610).

when I open the meta editor, the indi does not exist at the indicator folder.

Please help.

thank you

Note: Can I chat with you?

anton

Go to "file->open data folder" and only there you will see where you have to copy indicator (and the other code) and copy it there in the mql4->indicators folder. If you are using windows 7 or windows 8 metatrader 4 does not store your source code and ex4 files in the folders it used to before (unless you use the /portable switch)

Hi mladen,

I am sorry to disturb you.

First, I copy your indi at MQL4 -----> indicator.

second, I open metaeditor to compile. When I look for the indi, unfortunately, the indi is not there (does not exist at the indicator folder). I have openned FILE--->OPEN DATA FOLDER.

I use windows 7.

Please advice me more detail.

thanks and regards,

anton

anton1:
Hi mladen,

I am sorry to disturb you.

First, I copy your indi at MQL4 -----> indicator.

second, I open metaeditor to compile. When I look for the indi, unfortunately, the indi is not there (does not exist at the indicator folder). I have openned FILE--->OPEN DATA FOLDER.

I use windows 7.

Please advice me more detail.

thanks and regards,

anton

when you do the "file->open data folder" you get something like this :

That is the mql4 folder that you have to use

Also, you can read the posts posted by Jason Rogers here : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9092-fxcm/page46#comment_736746 with very good explanations of what does this new metatrader do

Files:
data_folder.gif  21 kb

One of the problems of the new language of MT4 is the lack of examples of code.

You would do a great favor for many traders who can only make minor modifications to the code.

I need some example of how to encode the new style buttons mt4.

To put the Experts and Indicators and perform simple actions by pressing a button.

I hope you post the code of your mq4 indicator.

cja:
This indicator has been compiled on build 625 and will not work on build 509.

This indicator is the result of a request to be able to temporarily remove trendlines highlines or vertical lines off a chart then have them re appear when needed. Plus it was a good excuse to play with some button code

1/ This is an indicator and goes in the indicator folder

2/ Set the line colors in the inputs for the 3 different options as this sets the line colors for different lines loaded on the chart.

3/ Once loaded 3 buttons appear at the top of the chart, click to remove the lines and click once more to have the lines appear

I was going to post a tick sound file but it appears this forum does not support wav files so I used the expert sound file as it is already in the MT4 sound folder

clean_chart_nmc.ex4

Hi mladen,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. It is ok now.

You are a very good person. May God bless you.

Best Regards,

anton

Alabarce:
One of the problems of the new language of MT4 is the lack of examples of code.

You would do a great favor for many traders who can only make minor modifications to the code.

I need some example of how to encode the new style buttons mt4.

To put the Experts and Indicators and perform simple actions by pressing a button.

I hope you post the code of your mq4 indicator.

Buttons are simple objects like any other objects. The only property that really makes them different is the state property (if the button is pressed or it is not pressed) all the rest is more or less the same as the rest of objects

Reason: