MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 45

rogertsc:

I got it, replaced all to "_" but now error in another place

'gda_1124' - illegal switch expression type'

switch (gda_1124[ai_0][ai_4][0])

Please stop posting the hard copy of the compiler output. We all know how it looks like. Just ask particular questions. Moreover, you ask in two threads concurrently, which made me to type this useless post.

SDC:

There is really only one type of strategy where tick modelling vs tick data could be reasonably debated. That is high frequency trading on 1 minute bars where trades are opened and closed on the same one minute bar. Such strategies are entirely dependant on the order at which ticks are received in the bar.

Are you really saying that you know of every strategy possible in every person's head out there ?

rogertsc:

Hopefully you will get BANNED soon for persistently posting about DECOMPILED (stolen) CODE.

RaptorUK:
Hopefully you will get BANNED soon for persistently posting about DECOMPILED (stolen) CODE.

LOL tough gig trying to find errors in decompiled code.

My understanding is that build 600 compiled code cannot be (easily) decompiled(?). Is that correct? If not, what is an effective method to protect the code?

rod178:

LOL tough gig trying to find errors in decompiled code.

My understanding is that build 600 compiled code cannot be (easily) decompiled(?). Is that correct? If not, what is an effective method to protect the code?

I think I have read that the same system for code protection is used with mql4.5 as with mql5.

@RaprotUK and @rod178: thanks, after reinstalling again from scratch it works

rogertsc:

Since you are using decompiled code which is not allowed and since anyways you don't know what you are doing, you have no use for the actual code, why don't you find a version 509 and take the ex4 file and copy it to your new updated build. This "should" work and you will be in compliance.

RaptorUK:
Yes it is . . and MT4 generates the .fxt when you are testing with "MT4 alone", i.e. no other software involved so you can't do better than 90% modeling quality.

well it try's and when it fails it continues with the prepared tick-data .fxt. So you can do better.

for everyone who uses strategies with small SL/TP tick data backtest is a must, as the gaps within M1 bars as well as the PA itself can change backtest results completely.

and this is one more shameful way MQ is trying to manipulate all traders, by denying this test capability in MT5. we will see if MQ will try to disable this testing possibility in future MT4 releases.

"The docs have been updated, I think the F1 help in metaeditor has the most recently updated information, there is a section about the new version and compatability. I'm not sure it is the last word on all of that though"

Thanks SDC!

On another note:

Sorry RaptorUK, but blue panther is correct. MT4 99% backtesting can be searched on internet and then researched and achieved. At least I did and others I know. The quality of the data is everything. Using minute data with gaps vs tick data makes all the difference. Strategy Tester in MT4 gives 99% accuracy results with tick data made into .fxt files.

On yet another note:

It seems there has been misunderstanding on the new folder structure. Please let me help. These are the folders that MetaQuotes makes, and if files are not installed into them, the files will NOT be seen by MT4:

If installing into MT4 v509- (notice all folder names are LOWER case):
<metatrader>/templates
<metatrader>/profiles
<metatrader>/experts
<metatrader>/experts/ indicators
<metatrader>/experts/scripts
<metatrader>/experts/presets
<metatrader>/experts/include
<metatrader>/experts/libraries

If installing into MT4 v600+ (notice NEW folder names are UPPER case):
<metatrader>/templates
<metatrader>/profiles
<metatrader>/MQL4/Experts
<metatrader>/MQL4/Indicators
<metatrader>/MQL4/Scripts
<metatrader>/MQL4/Presets
<metatrader>/MQL4/Include

<metatrader>/MQL4/Libraries

MetaQuotes even gave us Capital Letters for New Folders. If New Folder Has Same Name As old folder, But New Folder Starts With A Capital Letter, Use <metatrader>/MQL4/(Capital Lettered Folder Name Which Is New Location).

Kindest regards,

Don

"SDC:

There is really only one type of strategy where tick modelling vs tick data could be reasonably debated. That is high frequency trading on 1 minute bars where trades are opened and closed on the same one minute bar. Such strategies are entirely dependant on the order at which ticks are received in the bar."

I must disagree with you SDC. When using tick data as I have been able to for free, it makes a difference no matter which mode you use.

Also, are you saying that all traders enter and exit trades on closed bar? Do you use open prices only in strategy tester? Does everybody else? And to get 90% quality it uses minute history with gaps?

I need better and faster backtested than what MT4 provides, and I don't see an alternative to test my EAs, and MT4 strategy tester takes HOURS (DAYS to optimize) just for one currency, forget multiple timeframe and multiple currency EAs which I write. Although I would love to sell an EA in the Market in MT4, I cannot with good conscience sell something I can't backtest.

Kindest regards,

Don

Reason: