Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 3

Stingo told that there will be only one editor (guess it will be the one for metatrader 5). Not happy about it (metatrader 5 editor compiles all the changed files when you press F7 not just the current file, and autocomplete is ridiculous). Hope they will correct those errors (those errors are there for almost a year)

HI Techmac,

There is SciTe as an alternative, infinitely better than the MT4 editor, closer to the Visual Studio editor. A couple of bugs, no show stoppers, but I presume the developer will upgrade it to be compatible with the new MT45 after its release.

Tzuman:
HI Techmac, There is SciTe as an alternative, infinitely better than the MT4 editor, closer to the Visual Studio editor. A couple of bugs, no show stoppers, but I presume the developer will upgrade it to be compatible with the new MT45 after its release.

Tzuman

Thank you

A link to SciTE download (it s a free software) can be found at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181435

Hi dear colleagues & friends

Perhaps as a non-programmer I am not fully seeing exactly what the problem is. Nonetheless in "my simple world" as long as we have Forex TSD coupled with Mladen, MrTools, NewDigital etc. why on earth should we worried at all???? Don't worry, be happy!!! Don't sweat the small stuff!! Everything will work out fine.

Best regards to all!!

Sylvester

SAugustine:
Hi dear colleagues & friends

Perhaps as a non-programmer I am not fully seeing exactly what the problem is. Nonetheless in "my simple world" as long as we have Forex TSD coupled with Mladen, MrTools, NewDigital etc. why on earth should we worried at all???? Don't worry, be happy!!! Don't sweat the small stuff!! Everything will work out fine.

Best regards to all!!

Sylvester

Sylvester

The problem is that we are going to lose some time (again) and who knows what kind of bugs are awaiting us. Everything is solvable but they are forcing us to lose time again and again to the extent that other options start to seem more and more real

[" that other options start to seem more and more real" ]

Hi Mladen,

Always nice to read your post.

Reading "that other options start to seem more and more real" , do you mean other options to "save" time (in the opposite of "lose time") or do you mean that other platforms could be considered at this stage? If so which one?

MT4 has spread whole over the world and seems far ahead above the crowed even with lots of security problems for the retail trader. Any alternative?

Thanks a lot and have a good WE

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

mladen:

[" that other options start to seem more and more real" ]

Hi Mladen,

Always nice to read your post.

Reading "that other options start to seem more and more real" , do you mean other options to "save" time (in the opposite of "lose time") or do you mean that other platforms could be considered at this stage? If so which one?

MT4 has spread whole over the world and seems far ahead above the crowed even with lots of security problems for the retail trader. Any alternative?

Thanks a lot and have a good WE

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98

I do not know the exact figures, so I can not quote them right now

What I know is that even now the majority of forex trading is done using metatstock (the Thompson Reuters company) and Tradestation. Metatrader is popular in what we could call (and please do not misunderstand me) lower class of forex traders. The amount of money that is in our ownership can easily be less than what one single hedge fund has (and now not even talking about the biggest forex traders - banks like the Deutche bank and similar)

The time loss is seen everywhere when it comes to metatrader - just remember when was metatrader 5 started and now ask your self how many brokers are supporting metatrader 5 compared to the total number of brokers (I have even read one statement from one of the biggest metatrader brokers that "they will start to use metatrader 5 only when it becomes safe to end users" - and that statement was not issued so long ago). So, now we are going to be forced to use it even if brokers know that it is not safe for us?

All I see is neither black nor white, but in this case it is kind of a "too gray" in my opinion and the new changes are, again just my opinion, going to make any positive change be lost in a flood of "changes per se" - just to show that something is changed without actual real need to do so and that is just another time losing period lying in front of ourselves

According to latest news, most of the changes will be "language related". I am afraid that that phrase means that the complete compatibility with previous versions of metatrader 4 is not what the primary goal is and that means one more slow down

mladen:
A link to SciTE download (it s a free software) can be found at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181435

One of my bugs with SciTE is that include files used in indicators do not work properly using the angle bracket convention as they do in the MetaEditor.

#include

Instead use the path expansion below and use double quotes, not angle brackets.

#include "..\include\!! Goldbug.mqh"

Also ctlF11 will switch between proportional and fixed width fonts. I have not found a way to set it to fixed upon initialization, it seems it should be in one of the control files or switch to using a fixed font instead of a proportional one.

Reason: