Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 253

techmac:
Build 890 is a release build. Expect your brokers to upgrade to it

Hopefully soon. Tried 880 from my broker and found locally declared dynamic arrays cannot are not resized by ArrayResized, reverted back to 840.

Without mentioning broker names, some already upgraded to build 890

nbtrading:
Without mentioning broker names, some already upgraded to build 890

So it seems. Not only testers use it

checkin:
So it seems. Not only testers use it

A lot of brokers already applied the newest build 890 (even google gives a long list of results for that)

Yes, it seems so

Some complained that he experienced 0 compiler errors on iLowest() with less than 5 parameters, but that is nonsense since iLowest() can be called with only 2 parameters (the rest are then using default values)

Reports are that some problems with arrays that were present with build 880 are solved in build 890

checkin:
Reports are that some problems with arrays that were present with build 880 are solved in build 890

Almost all problems with arrays come from the code part not from the mt part (at least that is my experience)

So far, except for the array copy rates thing that was fixed, I haven't found issues with arrays, and I really use them extensively

I do not have serious problems with build 890

890 did not correct my problem. ArraySize zero still occurs when resizing locally declared dynamic arrays, back to 840

Tzuman:
890 did not correct my problem. ArraySize zero still occurs when resizing locally declared dynamic arrays, back to 840

Tzuman

I used this example (meaningless to resize the array on each tick this way, I know, but just as a test) :

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 0

#property strict

int init() { return(0); }

int start() {

double testArray[];

if (ArraySize(testArray)!=Bars) ArrayResize(testArray,Bars);

Comment(ArraySize(testArray));

return(0);

}

and it works OK for me (build 890)

Reason: