Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 260

checkin:
I still have no problems with build 920. Maybe I am the lucky one

Yes, you are. The build 920 has one of the biggest impacts on me. Though I already started building and delivering extra compilations for the 920, still I am receiving unhappy messages from users crying for help, which I am not able to resolve.

Ovo:
Yes, you are. The build 920 has one of the biggest impacts on me. Though I already started building and delivering extra compilations for the 920, still I am receiving unhappy messages from users crying for help, which I am not able to resolve.

The funny thing is that I am trying all sorts of things, and so far no problem. Strange ...

checkin:
The funny thing is that I am trying all sorts of things, and so far no problem. Strange ...

Ok, for example try this:

- Open a naked chart (does not need to be naked, but just to confirm nothing else is involved)

- Re-launch MT4.

- Save the chart template.

The 920 crashes.

it had a crush on you...

Ovo:

Ok, for example try this:

- Open a naked chart (does not need to be naked, but just to confirm nothing else is involved)

- Re-launch MT4.

- Save the chart template.

The 920 crashes.

Tested it - had no problems

Ovo:

Traders are also having issues at other Forums with build 920, the main problems are not being able to load or add new custom indicators and platform crashes yet others are having no issues at all which is really odd, personally I have had no issues but several users of my indicators cannot load them or find them in their indicator folder in some instances, some have resolved some of the issues by changing the permissions of their OS and others have found if they delete all added indicators out of the indicator folder and only use the standard indicators it appears to work, just when things appeared to be coming right and the last few builds were relatively stable with very few problems good old MetaQuotes once more throws us a curve ball. Another problem I have noticed is unless you have an MT4 with a 900 build you cannot load a 920 compiled indicator into it as a message comes up and tells you to update to a later version of MT4 so we are not even having the option to use an older version we are getting forced into using these new builds.

cja:
Traders are also having issues at other Forums with build 920, the main problems are not being able to load or add new custom indicators and platform crashes yet others are having no issues at all which is really odd, personally I have had no issues but several users of my indicators cannot load them or find them in their indicator folder in some instances, some have resolved some of the issues by changing the permissions of their OS and others have found if they delete all added indicators out of the indicator folder and only use the standard indicators it appears to work, just when things appeared to be coming right and the last few builds were relatively stable with very few problems good old MetaQuotes once more throws us a curve ball. Another problem I have noticed is unless you have an MT4 with a 900 build you cannot load a 920 compiled indicator into it as a message comes up and tells you to update to a later version of MT4 so we are not even having the option to use an older version we are getting forced into using these new builds.

I think that it depends mostly on OS an not on mt

Personally I do not have problems (using 920 and windows 7). When people use windows 10 (which is a beta of a beta) no application can be expected to run as it should

PascalD:

Personally I do not have problems (using 920 and windows 7). When people use windows 10 (which is a beta of a beta) no application can be expected to run as it should

I agree about the windows but mt should depend less on the OS

PascalD:

I have no issues and I use Windows 7 - 8.1 and 10. If it is the OS ( or OS setup ) causing the problems why did it not cause issues before this update, obviously MetaQuotes have changed something. I am starting to get a lot of people contacting me because their indicators no longer work! so something has changed.

cja:
I have no issues and I use Windows 7 - 8.1 and 10. If it is the OS ( or OS setup ) causing the problems why did it not cause issues before this update, obviously MetaQuotes have changed something. I am starting to get a lot of people contacting me because their indicators no longer work! so something has changed.

But then why some are having no problems and others do? With same windows and same builds

Reason: