Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 217

Ovo:
The triple seven milestone is out. Shall we celebrate?

AHHHHHHH! We made it!! Now onto version 999.

It will be interesting to see what has broken and what has been fixed ( and probably broken our code workarounds)

I also agree with MLaden's earlier comments about Arrays. The only major problem I found was Arrays Declared as Series had to be Un-Declared before being resized and then Re-declared before being used. Always use Property Strict to find illegal subscripting which over writes other variables memory locations.

Seeing this post is evident they will try force us to use fifo rules again. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1297

braintheboss:
Seeing this post is evident they will try force us to use fifo rules again. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1297

Oh boy, that's terribly long article, I lost energy to read it. As far as I understood they wanted to implement the first part of an MT4 emulator into the MT5 terminal. From common experience with MQ, they will never finish such integration, so we may stay quiet.

The second point of the article - the hedging feature - was from the beginning only problem of visual interpretation. Now they are about to enable virtual hedging in the platform that does not allow hedging. That's ok for me. I just wonder if it suits the current US trading limitations (which are failure anyway).

Ovo:
Oh boy, that's terribly long article, I lost energy to read it. As far as I understood they wanted to implement the first part of an MT4 emulator into the MT5 terminal. From common experience with MQ, they will never finish such integration, so we may stay quiet. The second point of the article - the hedging feature - was from the beginning only problem of visual interpretation. Now they are about to enable virtual hedging in the platform that does not allow hedging. That's ok for me. I just wonder if it suits the current US trading limitations (which are failure anyway).

It's easy. They try sell fifo rules are better implementing a self hedging for don't believers. But problem is they dont understand people are not stupid and dont accept fifo because only benefit to brokers and market, never to traders... But i think they have fear to force this and try bypass problem with this.

HedgeTerminal is not compatible with any other position management system. This is not compatible with external trading panels featuring the function of closing positions and cannot be used together with them.

They told it all. "position management system"is their hidden way of telling EA. So no EA that we are used to can not work with that thing

That is a pathetic effort from mt to save metatrader 5

techmac:
They told it all. "position management system"is their hidden way of telling EA. So no EA that we are used to can not work with that thing

Seems that you are right (that it can not run any EA)

Needs to be checked, but so far its usability seems to be very limited

They are talking nonsense. There is no way how they can "virtualize" orders management in metatrader 5 to work the same way as in metatrader 4. Someone there have forgot about the prices and that adding to a position at a current price is completely different from closing an order that was opened a months ago at a price that will never be reached. They would have to make broker servers enable hedging - and that is not possible since some are restricted by the law that they can not do that

Come on : read this

n the MQL4 programming language it is enough to call the OrderOpenPrice() function. In MetaTrader 5 it is required to find all the deals that executed the order and then go over them and calculate their weighted average price. This very price is the price of the order execution.

I do not want to close the order that has weighted average price instead of real open price.That is a complete and utter bs and leads to nothing but loses

The whole thing is a tale to hide the fact that metatrader 5 is not used by anybody. Just another mt bs that has nothing in common with real world (as usual)

Problem is know if this try for force use of fifo rules to MT4 traders is because brokers want change trading model. This will be very bad news if is true.

braintheboss:
Problem is know if this try for force use of fifo rules to MT4 traders is because brokers want change trading model. This will be very bad news if is true.

Whatever they are trying to force on us is a nonsense

Nothing unusual from mt

Reason: