Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 164

checkin:
:)

One day there will be a perfect metatrader. The same way as there is utopia.

The best thing I have ever seen )after years of convincing us that metatrader 5 is going to be lightning speed fast) is this :

Soon we are going to see the same thing for metatrader 4 too

In the mean time they started posting how all is perfect with the new metatrader 4

Am I using a different metatrader or they are seeing different things? Probably depends on the color of the glasses one uses

checkin:
In the mean time they started posting how all is perfect with the new metatrader 4 Am I using a different metatrader or they are seeing different things? Probably depends on the color of the glasses one uses

And the last thing posted at the code base more than a month ago

That is called progress

Metatrader 5 but it shows that the things are very similar in metatrader 4 and 5 :

"MQL5: Fixed the value returned by the IsStopped() function. This function is used for determining the forced stopping of MQL5 programs in custom indicators. Previously, this function always returns FALSE."

Making a boolean function that always returns false :):)

That is something we all are used to with metatrader 4 too

Good to know that . thanks .

checkin:
Metatrader 5 but it shows that the things are very similar in metatrader 4 and 5 :

"MQL5: Fixed the value returned by the IsStopped() function. This function is used for determining the forced stopping of MQL5 programs in custom indicators. Previously, this function always returns FALSE."

Making a boolean function that always returns false :):)

That is something we all are used to with metatrader 4 too

Check the code posted at code base. 90% has a IsStopped() function in the main loop,. And it never worked

No wonder that half of metatrader 5 code from their code base does not work

I think I have already told that, but in new metatrader 4 boolean expressions are much, much different then before.

Expression like this :

if(UseTradeScheduler==true)

{

if( (DayOfWeek()==0 && ((h >= SunTradeHourStart1) && (h = SunTradeHourStart2) && (h = SunTradeHourStart3) && (h = SunTradeHourStart4) && (h <= (SunTradeHourEnd4-1)))) ||

(DayOfWeek()==1 && ((h >= MonTradeHourStart1) && (h = MonTradeHourStart2) && (h = MonTradeHourStart3) && (h = MonTradeHourStart4) && (h <= (MonTradeHourEnd4-1)))) ||

(DayOfWeek()==2 && ((h >= TueTradeHourStart1) && (h = TueTradeHourStart2) && (h = TueTradeHourStart3) && (h = TueTradeHourStart4) && (h <= (TueTradeHourEnd4-1)))) ||

(DayOfWeek()==3 && ((h >= WedTradeHourStart1) && (h = WedTradeHourStart2) && (h = WedTradeHourStart3) && (h = WedTradeHourStart4) && (h <= (WedTradeHourEnd4-1)))) ||

(DayOfWeek()==4 && ((h >= ThurTradeHourStart1) && (h = ThurTradeHourStart2) && (h = ThurTradeHourStart3) && (h = ThurTradeHourStart4) && (h <= (ThurTradeHourEnd4-1)))) ||

(DayOfWeek()==5 && ((h >= FriTradeHourStart1) && (h = FriTradeHourStart2) && (h = FriTradeHourStart3) && (h = FriTradeHourStart4) && (h <= (FriTradeHourEnd4-1)))))

{

trade=1;

}

}

will never evaluate to same results as before. Be careful guys : a simple EA recompile can make your EA work in completely different way than before because of that. Boolean expressions must be simplified and clarified

If boolean operations now work as expected in any language, I do not want to think about how it were before.

mladen:
:) Check the code posted at code base. 90% has a IsStopped() function in the main loop,. And it never worked

Some features that never worked for me in MT4:

Checking error 4066 (ERR_HISTORY_WILL_UPDATED) never worked. In any script the error appeared once after the first use of "update" method, but then never more. Regardless of the updating status. But it is so many times "explained" in the MQL4 forum, with examples, that I really thought I must have had a different MT4.

Changing trading server in indicators - indicator does not notice that change since I can remember (i.e. 2008).

And some problems with build 660 : apparently again some problems with offline charts. In the Russian part of the forum it was discussed and then the man decided not to post ant more. So familiar - whenever mq is told that something is not OK the answers are almost always the same : "you do not know what are you doing". But it is not us doing it. It is the terminal not-doing it as it should

Bah. Just more and more bugs with new builds

Reason: