Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 134

cja:
I was compiling code for the EA with the dll, with the previous build 509 there was no issue with compiling that EA with it loaded on a chart however once compiled on the new build it appears to work with no issues. I just can't compile it with the EA loaded on a chart or the platform crashes.

Thank you for the clarification

Still strange things happening with metatrader

MT4 now classed as a virus

Build 628: Fixes for Compatibility with Symantec Antivirus - MQL4 forum

has anyone else noticed how it can spread even more easily than before through our PCs

it seems best never to use the same PC for MT4 and for banking and such like, as god knows whats else is in all these updates

or what could appear in the future

WR1:
MT4 now classed as a virus

Build 628: Fixes for Compatibility with Symantec Antivirus - MQL4 forum

has anyone else noticed how it can spread even more easily than before through our PCs

it seems best never to use the same PC for MT4 and for banking and such like, as god knows whats else is in all these updates

or what could appear in the future

They were forced to revert the way metatrader updates

Now you can see when it starts to "upgrade" again (the download process is visible in the lower right corner) and you can stop the update if you wish (as before - delete webinstall). Also, their old server is out of function. They have changed the server. Why? No explanation at all why did they do that. We can just guess

That (reverting the way how it is updated) was still not distributed to brokers so you might have a problem with antiviruses (since it is obvious that antivirus companies refused to make a patch for metatrader - the only reasonable guess is that they were using classical virus techniques to infest your PC with new builds)

PS: they are opening WebInstall at two places : c:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Metaquites but they are opening it in the c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Metaquites too. Delete both (the second is forcing that "express upgrade" when they do not ask you anything but simply restart the terminal and start downloading). Then you can work like this :

Files:
509.gif  45 kb

mladen:
PS: they are opening WebInstall at two places : c:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Metaquites but they are opening it in the c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Metaquites too. Delete both (the second is forcing that "express upgrade" when they do not ask you anything but simply restart the terminal and start downloading). Then you can work like this :

found another WebInstall at C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\MetaQuotes\WebInstall

This path was used by build 509 and previous builds........the same path doesnot exist for new builds

Tzuman:
found another WebInstall at C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\MetaQuotes\WebInstall

the bloomin things keep coming back

im about sick of the sight of the Metaquotes folders

this wk has been alittle strange

1st some my profiles have disappeared after 625 has been updated

then whenever i open a saved copy of MT4 even in D drive, it now updates those to the next newest build even if the broker has nt updated yet,

one broker is still on 509 as they must nt want to upgrade yet, but its saved copy was changed to 625

this was n't a problem before 610 or 625

then last night after downloading History data in the day, the data at night was restricted back to only one yr and even on the saved copys in D drive

the worrying thing is with these tricks we can actually see the effect, but if someone else was to hack MQ's or an ex employee installs a virus of their own into the updates most wont know until too late, and MQs have shown us how easy they can get around Windows security, and internet fraud is increasing massively each yr and most know someone how has been affected, ive already had my credit card details pinched a few yrs ago online, but luckily the credit card company knew some cards had been harvested, so not a problem that time

hopefully if enough antivirus company's deem MQs as a virus they will have to refain from such underhand tactics, but wont hold my breath,

its only a trading platform and they don't have the right to put our PCs security, and our livelihoods at risk

other criminals may have far more resources and know how to gain access to our personal data through MQs possibly through lapse and rushed backdoor tactics,

i can see a law suit or two heading their way if they persist

its a slight worry, and on top of it all MT4 is pretty crap, and quite annoying anyway

Changing things without asking a user if it is allowed or not is either a malware or a virus. MQ can pretend that it is not so, but they have became a simple virus instead of trading platform. It tells a lot : nobody, but nobody does steps so desperate if all is working OK. Goodl luck MQ. You are going to need it. And you are going to need a lot of it

sebastianK:
Changing things without asking a user if it is allowed or not is either a malware or a virus. MQ can pretend that it is not so, but they have became a simple virus instead of trading platform. It tells a lot : nobody, but nobody does steps so desperate if all is working OK. Goodl luck MQ. You are going to need it. And you are going to need a lot of it

As I see it the main problem of the cyrrent metatrader 4 is different

Just a short story : many years ago I was doing some coding of an application that had to save the details of electronic projects (including the technical drawings - jpg format and cad format) in a database, and it was decided to use Borland Dephi (that was supposedly one of the best at that time). Now all was OK except one little thing : I could never make it save jpg and cad files into a binary field een though in the help file it was explicitly written that I can save any type of data in such database fields.

After some month or so trying ever bloody trick in the book we bought the Delphi SDK too and in on silly example I found one line of comment that a coder that wrote the example wrote : "only gif and bmp files supported for a binary field"

That was the last time I have ever used Delphi. If they are not capable of writing an accurate help file, what the hell are they capable doing.

The same is (and much, much worse) with metatrader.

In their help file not that there are errors, but straightforward lies. The simplest example : check the "available" time frames in a metatrader 4 help file :

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_M30 [TD] 30 [TD] 30 minutes

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H1 [TD] 60 [TD] 1 hour

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H2 [TD] 120 [TD] 2 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H3 [TD] 180 [TD] 3 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H4 [TD] 240 [TD] 4 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H6 [TD] 360 [TD] 6 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H8 [TD] 480 [TD] 8 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_H12 [TD] 720 [TD] 12 hours

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_D1 [TD] 1440 [TD] 1 day

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_W1 [TD] 10080 [TD] 1 week

[TR]

[TD] PERIOD_MN1 [TD] 43200 [TD] 1 month
ID[/TD] Value[/TD] Description[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_CURRENT[/TD] [/TD] Current timeframe[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M1[/TD] 1[/TD] 1 minute[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M2[/TD] 2[/TD] 2 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M3[/TD] 3[/TD] 3 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M4[/TD] 4[/TD] 4 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M5[/TD] 5[/TD] 5 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M6[/TD] 6[/TD] 6 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M10[/TD] 10[/TD] 10 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M12[/TD] 12[/TD] 12 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M15[/TD] 15[/TD] 15 minutes[/TD]

[/TR]

PERIOD_M20 20 20 minutes

Those time frames are metatrader 5 time frames and they not and will never be supported by metatrader 4 (that is from a MQL4 reference help file, not from a metarader 5 help file). And a million cases like that. The thing is that we can not trust the trading platform (buggy as hell), we can not trust coding language (compiler and editor are some of the stupidest compilers and editors I have seen so far as far coding languages are concerned) and we can not trust the instructions (help file is a wish list not a help file for coders and traders). They are doing it to themselves. If coders loose trust in the mql4 (and mql5 have never gained any serious trust) that is it. And that is what they haven't considered at all.

They are directly cutting the branch that they were sitting on for so long : coders that were making metatrader 4 popular. And now they are going to drive those same coders away (I am not going to search in nonsense help files like that for a long - just imagine a novice that is battling his way in coding some MQL4 file and gets "help" like that). And that is what is the most dangerous thing that is happening right now and they do not understand why (since it seems that they do not have coders there that are testing that MQL4 coding language)

After some time all we shall see are payed coders and recycled old stuff that is not going to work correctly in a lot of cases any more (due to uncnontroled changes they are making to metatrader). And that is the future of metatrader 4 : a trading platform that nobody will be able to trust (since, as far as I se it, they do not have a slightest intention to sit down and to tell "it was enough .... now we must work and make this thing good") and novody will be willing to use for anything but playing the "I am a big trader now" games on demo accounts

we should down tools and strike

maybe protest outside MQs headquarters (if anyone can find it)

Reason: