two metaeditors side by side

Is there a way to get two metaeditors side by side.

So you can use one to look at code and the other for new changes.

This works best if when you place the mouse on the other metaeditor - it prompts you to allow a reload.

So you can edit either IDE and always know when to allow a refresh. Scite allowed this.

I tried renaming and new folder but it seems designed against this idea entirely.

Maybe it would work it fed a command line???? or share parameter?????

If you are working on a code in a broker's editor.

if you go to File\Open data folder\MQL4\Experts or Indicators or Scripts

and double click on the MQL4 source file that you are interested in, it will open another editor.

Not played around with this much, but it seems that you can only edit the code in the first editor

GumRai:

If you are working on a code in a broker's editor.

if you go to File\Open data folder\MQL4\Experts or Indicators or Scripts

and double click on the MQL4 source file that you are interested in, it will open another editor.

Not played around with this much, but it seems that you can only edit the code in the first editor

Yeah - no - with mine it goes to already open editor.

I guess it is not a big issue - I guess it will just create a second install - and read from that editor.

mrmedia:

Yeah - no - with mine it goes to already open editor.

I guess it is not a big issue - I guess it will just create a second install - and read from that editor.

That seemed a bit weird as why would it work on mine but not yours

What happens to me, on further investigation.

If I already have the code open and on top, it will go to the same editor.

But if I select the tab for a different code so that the script etc is no longer visible, it will open a different editor.

This only seems to work on my FXPro account. Editor build is 887, but the new editor that opens is build 883

On another account it doesn't seem to work.

Reason: