Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 121

Build 610 worse than build 604

This "improvements" are going into reverse direction

Seems that the issue reported by Tzuman (that the back test is incredibly slow) is without an answer for now. Build 509 EAs are still back tested at fairy good speed, so the only reason can be in a new compiled code (which does not increase our confidence that the issues are going to be solved any time soon)

Most posts on mq are about how to revert metatrader to build 509. New metatrader 4 is a "big success" obviously :):)

The biggest changes they are making right now is to disable windows API. All that is aimed to one thing and one thing only : signals selling. Nothing to do with any improvements

That was the goal from start. They have never had any intention at all to improve anything. They simply do not know how to improve (metatrader 5 is the proof how are they "improving")

Good quote from mq site :

sorry for my comment.

i think that metaquotes must pay some people who willing to be a beta tester..

not forcing all traders to try their NOT YET STABIL version.

because traders are risking real money here.

you can see what i mean.. there are so many updates just in 1 month .

not all traders understand coding.

we don't have to be a farmer, a cook and a baker if we want to eat a cheese burger

They stopped with updates and the errors are still here. EAs back testing is a disaster and we are not able to know when is something correct and when not. Thanks mq for this "brilliant" idea

mladen:
Seems that the issue reported by Tzuman (that the back test is incredibly slow) is without an answer for now. Build 509 EAs are still back tested at fairy good speed, so the only reason can be in a new compiled code (which does not increase our confidence that the issues are going to be solved any time soon)

It is not in the new compiled code; it is in the processing of the ex4 by Terminal.EXE which was probably rewritten or adapted from MT5. I copied the 509 EX4 to 610 and reran. This test was as slow or slightly slower than the 610 compiled version, think 28-32 hours for me to process a month's worth of data.

There are 3 iCustom calls, each with 3 time frames. 509 does not report unloading of the indicators called by iCustom but 610 does for both 610 and 509 EX4's so I assume 509 retains the calculated results from historical data whereas 610 does not and recalculates it for each tick. We need HAL or a Blue Gene supercomputer to run 610.

I am not incorporating any new code constructs into any of my indicators so I can continue to use 509 based trading and testing until I am forced to, like Windows XP - tried and true.

What the heck does "global initialization failed" s...t mean?

Every now and then it happens (no reason at all) and then it unloads the indicator (the indicator even does not have an init - only simple return(0) in it)

techmac:
What the heck does "global initialization failed" s...t mean? Every now and then it happens (no reason at all) and then it unloads the indicator (the indicator even does not have an init - only simple return(0) in it)

I would guess it is a debug statement for MQ programmers when the failure happens in Terminal and has nothing to do with your indicator. Probably another indication of how buggy the program really is.

Reason: