Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 98

No update for me

This complete thing is totally schizophrenic : you can write old history file format (record size 44 bytes) you can write new history file formats (record size 60 bytes) - why the hell did they then tell us that it will not be compatible any more? Single file multi time framing does not work (even when old ex4 is used) zillion things do not work when new coding is used : does that men that we should stop coding, sit back and wait that all is sold to us now?

Ridiculous. This was done in an utterly misleading way and without any concern for the users and even less for the coders and developers. I guess that we are going to have a flood of indicators like this : Smoothed Awesome indicator - MQL4 Code Base that does not work (and never could work) just because they are posted at mql site.

mladen:
According to metaquotes people build 509 will be supported "at least till summer" (this summer). Reading between the lines : the end of build 509 is close

And what will happen with metatrader then : all this thing again?

Bunch of clowns

techmac:
And what will happen with metatrader then : all this thing again? Bunch of clowns

In that statement of theirs there is one catch : nobody is willing to tell how can you prevent metatrader update. So what use of "support for metatrader build 509" there will be if your metatrader will forcefully be updated to whatever the new builds will be? And when you compile the "old" code with "new" compiler and it stops working? All that is ... not serious

Still no upgrade on my broker (Alpari UK)

nevar:
New kid on the block with R connection Features � Seer MT4 will go in the bin soon: the sooner the better.

Take a look,

https://sites.google.com/site/prof7bit/r-for-metatrader-4

Nice Will check it

Build 600:

Imagine : they reverted the nonsense that was preventing single file multi time frame indicators to work properly. Now we can have normal nice multi time framing. Halelujah

Build 600?

Reason: