Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 17

I have just noticed that the latest MT4 build now directly executes trades with a Stoploss and Takeprofit without the need for a line of Modify code. I only found out because I ran an old EA to test something and noticed the trades setting SL & TP and I was sure that it had no modify code, so I checked and sure enough we are back to how it used to be a few years ago.

All in all the good news is that it seems that they are doing something. The bad news is probably that they announced it too early and that now we are impatient, but at least they are doing something. What is not OK is that beta testing should be more opened (so far we had only one new beta testing update even though it is obvious that they are working on it through metatrader 5) so we might end up with a lot of coding issues that will have to be solved quickly, and everything that needs top be done quickly in coding is a subject of errors.

The feature that a lot are not going to be happy about is that it seems that at least they are looking at the protection (no-decompilation) now more seriously than before and it will not make happy the army of "coders" living from decompiled code, but hey, once everybody that claims to be a coder will eventually have to learn to code ...

An "interesting" period is ahead of us

According to Renat terminal for a new metatrader 4 is scheduled to be released this month

should we take that as after Christmas...

they may aswell anyway because if they stuff this one up folks will start to loose the faith

WR1:
should we take that as after Christmas... they may aswell anyway because if they stuff this one up folks will start to loose the faith

If it turns out to be at Christmas there will be a lot of non-believers in metatrader by then

We need to change the title of this thread to "Big Changes in MT4, in a few Months (Years?)". It's an Alpha, not a Beta.

Tzuman:
We need to change the title of this thread to "Big Changes in MT4, in a few Months (Years?)". It's an Alpha, not a Beta.

I sincerely hope that there is no need to change the name of the thread to "Years" (it would be very close to "tears"). Don't think that metatrader as a trading platform would survive that without serious damage

If they do it the same way as they are doing it with metatrader 5 then it easily could be years

techmac:
If they do it the same way as they are doing it with metatrader 5 then it easily could be years

It would be recommendable that they avoid the "metarader 5 model of developing a final product"

The way the are doing it, the chances that we are going to see a metatrader 5 way re-run are more than probable

Reason: