Repainting indicator - page 2

ok thanks. a good forum

another question related to renkos.

is there an inidcator which alerts me when the bricks go in the opposite direction? for example i am long, then the bricks change to short, after 2 bricks in short direction it should alert me! is there something like that?

or can somebody programm it?

regards

user92:
A very important issue:

repainting happens only after a new start of MT4? if so, we can solve the problem and just stay online with MT4?

Is that correct?

So my first question is, do you mean, in order to avoid repainting renko chart, i need to open my computer and the MT4 platform 24 hours without rest? you mean everytime, i shut down the mt4, and re-switch on my mt4, everytime the renko chart will be changed some shape/ not the same as before?

the second question is i apply common Renko EA, like RenkoLiveChart_v3.2.mq4 or v3.3, i discover when i paste the EA in other TF chart, the EA still can provide a offline minute 2 renko chart, my question is : will the renko chart different if i paste the EA to for example minute 1 chart , paste to 1 hour chart or 4 hour chart etc? Thank you for discussion.

Do range bar EA or range bar chart also has this type of repainting problem? thanks

In short : yes

That is the "starting time" problem of renko chart

annbeea:
So my first question is, do you mean, in order to avoid repainting renko chart, i need to open my computer and the MT4 platform 24 hours without rest? you mean everytime, i shut down the mt4, and re-switch on my mt4, everytime the renko chart will be changed some shape/ not the same as before? the second question is i apply common Renko EA, like RenkoLiveChart_v3.2.mq4 or v3.3, i discover when i paste the EA in other TF chart, the EA still can provide a offline minute 2 renko chart, my question is : will the renko chart different if i paste the EA to for example minute 1 chart , paste to 1 hour chart or 4 hour chart etc? Thank you for discussion.

Big Joe:
Ok,

Use this expert for starting. Place it on 1 minute chart.

Set your renko stuff, etc.

When in the morning you start your metatrader, wait for fresh ticks, you see the renko recalculates ( it creates the blocks for the ticks comed during the night ). Now close it, and restart your metatrader it will refix some recalculate. Now you can start your trading day.

I proceed that way since 2 years, and no problem for me, what you see is what you get.

Hi, Big Joe,

could you tell more your experience to avoid repaint renko chart, I am little confuse and not clear how i can have less repaint renko chart to start more reliable trading. also can you share the box size setting for different major pairs, and how it different if it is a 5 digit broker or 4 digit broker? many thanks for share your experience.

annbeea:
Hi, Big Joe, could you tell more your experience to avoid repaint renko chart, I am little confuse and not clear how i can have less repaint renko chart to start more reliable trading. also can you share the box size setting for different major pairs, and how it different if it is a 5 digit broker or 4 digit broker? many thanks for share your experience.

For repaint, read again my post in this thread (post number 5) :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181271

I use a 4 digit broker, don't try on 5 digits.

You can change all the settings you want, it depends of your trading style.

i have found this another forum, can any one expert here fixing this indicator please, becouse its repaint, thanks

Even though it is a decompiled code, from what is written in it, it is made to repaint on purpose (so it is made to look nice in order to do something else than trade with it) Also, the usage of some constant values in it for calculation (the 0.9 and the 30.6) has no other meaning than to make it look good on some periods. All in all it is made to look good on pictures that are then going to be posted as an add that is going to be a ... from this point on I let you draw your own conclusion

sohelrana:
i have found this another forum, can any one expert here fixing this indicator please, becouse its repaint, thanks

mladen:
Even though it is a decompiled code, from what is written in it, it is made to repaint on purpose (so it is made to look nice in order to do something else than trade with it) Also, the usage of some constant values in it for calculation (the 0.9 and the 30.6) has no other meaning than to make it look good on some periods. All in all it is made to look good on pictures that are then going to be posted as an add that is going to be a ... from this point on I let you draw your own conclusion

please guru mladen clearly explane , sorry for disturbing , thanks

Reason: