Harmonic Analysis - page 323

AUDCHF Bullish SHS worked.Now we'll see about this Bearish Garley.

Files:
audchfh4_2.png  37 kb

GbpUsd bullish cypher on daily according to the chart as well as to some...

Chart GBPUSD, D1, 2014.08.26 22:11 UTC, Alpari (UK) Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

and also on video, with nice lighting, sound and background - from the master from Hollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJdc6-dK_20&feature=youtu.be

I hope will work fine.

Gold - H4/H12/D1? - still has to fight that B level to get to a bull gartley...

Chart XAUUSD, H12, 2014.08.26 22:58 UTC, Alpari (UK) Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

there is a nice tight WW also to help if we get there.

HWAFM tool is good but is it possible to make alert for patterns?

philt:
HWAFM tool is good but is it possible to make alert for patterns?

One can have an overview screen like this:

Chart USDTRY, M15, 2014.08.28 08:58 UTC, Alpari (UK) Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

but I did not find how to set any alert .

I was also searching for that option...

My best quess is, after homework done for developing patterns, a line alert or similar can be used in MT5 instead...

lobogabor:
One can have an overview screen like this:

Chart USDTRY, M15, 2014.08.28 08:58 UTC, Alpari (UK) Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

but I did not find how to set any alert .

I was also searching for that option...

My best quess is, after homework done for developing patterns, a line alert or similar can be used in MT5 instead...

Yes there is no alert. I only trade the WW the others i don't found reliable enough, but without alert sitting watching for pattern is painful..

philt:
Yes there is no alert. I only trade the WW the others i don't found reliable enough, but without alert sitting watching for pattern is painful..

Yep it is painful to sit and watch, however it will depend on rhe time frame you chose.

Exactly same radar for MTF review of Wolfe Wave is available (very same as the ABCD radar screen attached in my example - and you probably know that)

On a daily TF I do not think much sitting required, even Wolfe said in his book "Bill Wolfe - Wolfe Waves" he would not wait much for the overshoot, would enter at point 5 and see... I believe.. (do not quote me against his book on this, better read that)

Must be an option / indi in MT5 for line alert I would believe, but have not checked yet.

Also to be checked, if Nen`s MT4 Wolfe wave indi is capable of alerting.. if you need it so much, I suggest to contact him to get info, or alert if required! Mt4 will not give you the MTF capability, what MT5 (HWAFM tool) does, so even in that case might be more CPU consuming thing, if Nens WW indi does have an alert there. (Nen is the ZUP indicator for MT4 developer, and that indicator is one of the best of the few available, but missing multi time frame capability due to MT4, unless one sets up more charts on different timeframes))

I wish you all the best!

As you probably see, and I did not check into details yet, the weekend outlook for WW has this in the Wolfe Wave screening / Wolfe wave radar:

Chart USDTRY, M15, 2014.08.30 23:15 UTC, Alpari (UK) Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

My humble interpretation without looking into any particular chart for WW indicated direction Expected To Come is:

- GBPJPY (m30,H4) bear

- AudNzd (D1) bear

- UsdChf (H8, D1, future remote W1) bear

- AudJpy (H1,H2, D1) bear

etc...

Of course there comes the specific check on each, and also to check the confluence with other patterns (however "reliable" or "unreliable" those are)... as a minimum with ABCD ones.. as well as Supply demand (support and resistance) preferably on higher time frame..

I thought that (i.e. AB=CD or any of ABCD variation) was a part of the expected overshoot of the wedge i.e. Wolfe wave... am I wrong?

Please comment about my doubt!

I think confluences are great things

I was glad to read the "The Gartley Trading Method by Ross Beck" to show how good to have a 5p HP and WW confluence

Please let me know if you find any alert or FILTER condition code for MT5 HWAFM tool!

I see the filter files are there, but not even a sample how to make those work as a given / specific harmonic pattern filter.

Also I know/read, that additional harmonic patterns can be defined for HWAFM, but so far I failed to add any new ones.. please let me know if you have any link/hint/idea!

Tnx.

Logogabor thank you very much. I will check this out indeed later today! Thank you for this information

Hi, for those who want to backtest in MT4, here is a good program helping big time to do so:

Download � Simple Forex Tester

When installing it, the only thing might be with the new MT4 build, one has to copy the files from the C/programs/MT directory to the

C/user/.......roaming...../MT4 directory,

whatever opens when in the MT4 file menu clicking the Open Data Folder sub-menu point

It is possible to open as many entries in the MT4 strategy tester, as you want

it is really the best I have seen so far.

There are videos on the site, showing how to use it as well.

It might be also used for offline multi time frame charts while testing, but if not, you will need to have the period converter indi for MT4 and when applied to the simulation chart with a different period setting, just open that chart in offline mode, and enjoy MTF backtesting.

I checked and the EA can be set for a second TF and working well!

Also, in MT4 options the server DDE server must be clicked, and the Expert Advisor tab Automatic trading and dll import must be enabled

Here it is how it can look:

Gyazo - d5725222915e8a73c1a89fc643a12cbc.png

If want to accelerate chose method control points only instead of every tick, before you start the test, and the charts will run quicker.

Also if you want to go back in time further download more data in the history center of MT4.

Really really great, and one can use favorit indicators as well!

Gyazo - 70ae3c36e1231bc2c27fdb0cb70d2143.png

Enjoy

bubbadirect:
Logogabor thank you very much. I will check this out indeed later today! Thank you for this information

I am sure you will not get disappointed with it!

Would you want similar capabilities would need to pay 200+ usd for that, and still could not use your favorit indis.

Reason: