Is Forex a good option for the students? - page 4

Learning to trade forex can be done by anybody, even if you are still a student. But a word of advice: avoid scalping for a start. It is a fallacy that it saves time as the trade duration is short. The thing about scalping is that you have to be in front of your screen frequently to watch and wait for the trades. You will end up spending more time in front of the screen and worse still it may become an addiction - regardless whether you are winning or losing.

For students and for many other traders in fact, I recommend trading on the higher time frames like 4 hourly and Daily charts. I personally trade on the Daily charts. I look at the charts once in the morning and once in the evening. Talk about time saving! I do not look at the charts for the rest of the day and I am free to do my work.

By the way, if you are just starting out, practice o a demo account first. When you can be consistently profitable for at least 3 months, then you may choose to start a small live account.

Peter Brandley:
well i think forex is a good business program. but in the initial stage for forex we need to invest good money. and i think its impossible for the students to invest in forex. as students have greater power to understand new things and have a good analytical knowledge due to their learning phase well i guess if they are given this opportunity they will surely succeed so what should students do if they want to work in forex?

so what should students do if they want to work in forex? <- If they wanted to work in a forex world they should know the risk of it and also the risk of their education because there might be a possibility that they will not focus in their work and just do trading.

I don't see any reason, why students cannot trade Forex. It is a good option for them for sure. But... only in this case, if he want to learn trading, if he is interested in it. Otherwise there is no sense even to start.

Pecora:
I don't see any reason, why students cannot trade Forex. It is a good option for them for sure. But... only in this case, if he want to learn trading, if he is interested in it. Otherwise there is no sense even to start.

Yeah, you are right. Forex trading is for everyone as long as they have passion in trading and have knowledge in it. Its the matter of choice.

Forex is for anyone who wishes to trade. There are no restrictions for anyone to be qaulify as a trader. anyone from all walks of life can participate and trade forex, full time or part time. It is advisable that students should be able to plan their schedule and not distract their studies.

I think that so, that can be the very good and effective formula and a good solution for students to arrange their pocket money. by learning this and every simple small income may help them to come their dream true. but remember always that keep learning.

Why not?

I think that the age is not an important thing. Honestly saying, brain works better when you study at university.

Merry X-Mas to you!

Practice and learn as much as you can while still in school. If you can consistently make money in this business why should age matter?

when i was studying in the University we did the research about different trading strategies comparing the results of demo accounts trading with the economical bases of those strategies. After that we even got the live account: me and two of my friends, so were able to make enough money for beer from time to time.

Its already part of the Finance courses in my country. And the Demos do count in the final grade. By the time they are done with studying, students can be able to venture into trading quite easily.

PAT

Reason: