Metatrader known bugs ... - page 72

Ovo:
I wonder if someone of you asked the Service Desk about fixing the sudden disruption in the offline charts, when the offline chart window - without any external action - clears its content and displays the Update message. In this state is cannot be even reached from MQL, since it in not listed in the ChartNext() command.

Btw: the error that you already have reported is still there : simple mouse dragging on the chart can still overload the CPU

Whatever toy try to download there will always be a message "Installation is failed" (it is not a typo - that is the message). No downloads from code base, no downloads from "market"

checkin:
Whatever toy try to download there will always be a message "Installation is failed" (it is not a typo - that is the message). No downloads from code base, no downloads from "market"

That is no bug

That is a blessing

Hahahhahaa

mladen:
Is that happening randomly, or when the maximum number of bars defined for the chart is reached?

So far I did not notice any dependency.

It may happen to a fresh-open chart, or to a chart that is open for several days. I have 1000 bars by default in offline chart, so the length is not the reason.

The most mysterious point is, that you may resurrect the chart by opening additional window for the same hst file. But after you close the additional window, the original chart is blind again.

mladen:
Btw: the error that you already have reported is still there : simple mouse dragging on the chart can still overload the CPU

But the good news is that only terminal suffers from this bug currently, and not the Metaeditor as before.

Anyway the Metaeditor is still ranked No. 1 in my "Worst OOP editors ever" competition.

Not a bug (technically) but an ill imagined functios:

StringToUpper() and StringToLower() are taking reference to the string and are changing the original string returning some meaningless boolean as a result (I would like to see when does string conversion to upper or lower case fails). So, you can not keep your original string content and the returning result of those two "functions" can not be used for anything

The funny part is that the rest of the string functions are working OK. Who made these two and why are they made like this, only the coding gods know

Compared to build 670 builds 7nn are using roughly twice as much memory for the same thing

techmac:
Compared to build 670 builds 7nn are using roughly twice as much memory for the same thing

That is the case with almost all new builds : as the build number grows so does the memory usage. Compared to build 509 these new builds are like monsters

This :

int oninit() { Comment("I am initilized"); return(0); }

int ondeinit() { return(0); }

void OnTick()

{

}

will compile with no error and no warnings, and it will not work as it looks like at the first glance (the oninit() will never be called since metatrader will insert the default OnInit() that will do nothing in that case, same for OnDeinit(), if you change it to OnInit() it will work)

Reason: