Metatrader known bugs ... - page 67

Some of the dlls can not be accessed if you do not run the metatrader as administrator. That was not happening before the new updates

as it turns out, garbage collector for array declared locally to a function is worthless. Probably not just for the arrays, but arrays are causing memory leaks and are easy to spot

checkin:
as it turns out, garbage collector for array declared locally to a function is worthless. Probably not just for the arrays, but arrays are causing memory leaks and are easy to spot

That is a bug for quite some time. Seems that something is done wrong with arrays when declared locally - better to declare arrays globally and use them like that (even as far as speed of execution is concerned) and manage the array size using appropriate functions - works OK then

If the original is something like this :

int start()

{

double myArray[]; arrayResize(myArray,Bars);

return(0);

}[/PHP]

then the changed code would be something like this

[PHP]double myArray[];

int start()

{

if (arraySize(myArray)!=Bars) arrayResize(myArray,Bars);

return(0);

}

So they know of it for quite some time and they were not able to solve it? Could imagine it

I'm also fed up with it !

Not long ago I had to remove all my MT4 platforms because they stopped working. After reinstalling they worked fast and fine, untill today. Again all stuck, no matter what I do (remove all templates and indicators and logs), they keep on crashing.

Now I was redirected to the Alpari site, and there I downloaded some 'Alpari' MT4 (the others were also Alpari, but these have a fresh icon). These work fine now, but how long will they last ?

Can anyone recommend me something better than Alpari, or is it no use because the 77777777777..... build MT4 sucks ?

Wulong10:
I'm also fed up with it !

Not long ago I had to remove all my MT4 platforms because they stopped working. After reinstalling they worked fast and fine, untill today. Again all stuck, no matter what I do (remove all templates and indicators and logs), they keep on crashing.

Now I was redirected to the Alpari site, and there I downloaded some 'Alpari' MT4 (the others were also Alpari, but these have a fresh icon). These work fine now, but how long will they last ?

Can anyone recommend me something better than Alpari, or is it no use because the 77777777777..... build MT4 sucks ?

Unfortunately it looks like we all are going to have to wait build 777777

Now fun.................................................................

I tried a couple of small live trades the other night ( I have not traded live for months as I do not trust the platform ) and was not surprised at what happened, the platform was really lagging and kept locking up and it was impossible to set a stoploss as it kept deleting on the next new tick, I tried dragging the stoploss to a level well away from the open price and it would simply delete so it was not that the stop level was too close to the open trade price, I then tried to close 2 trades by clicking on the "X" and the platform froze for about 30 seconds and only one trade was closed. My Live account has been updated to build 670, it is hard enough to be a successful trader without having to battle with a faulty trading platform as well. Try talking to your Broker and you will probably get the " We are not aware of any issues " response, really!

This is a bit like a car manufacture knowing their cars have faulty brakes and not telling their customers or worse denying that the problem exists.

nbtrading:
It is getting worse and worse. Some sites are blocked by mq because of "copyright" of code that never belonged to mq. BS just continues

It will be interesting to see what metatrader considers as their own code (when the did not publish any useful stuff 0 ir they are going that a few good code pieces pieces by qwpr is their)

Reason: