Metatrader known bugs ... - page 64

cja:
My Broker updated my Demo to 711 so I checked a few things out to see if my indicators would run on that build and yes they do however the same issue that was with 670 ( at least the object shift appears to have been altered back to the same as builds pre 670 ) is if you compile anything it does not change on the chart, just a simple thing like shift a display up or down and compile and nothing moves, you have to remove the indicator and reload to see the change, now that makes programming a graphic display a right pain in the butt. I guess I will have to continue to use build 625 for the programming platform for now.

They already started forcing 711 on traders?

That is ridiculous

checkin:
They already started forcing 711 on traders? That is ridiculous

Just to continue from my first post. My unit runs RAM at 93% . The screens can be moved abouton the desktop but it takes much time to change timescales.

Then there is issue of loading indicators, ... they don't load. You drag and drop and nothing happens except a freeze. On restart I notice a dropped indi was in the previous sub-window, but the same indi in its own window has an empty window, MT4 doesn't even load it, but does in the other window,..figure that one.

Clearly the MT4 on my unit is corrupted.

This is nothing short of a balls up. These were forced upgrades too.

Do they realise that money is relying on these things?

Brokers will start complaining soon when the revenue dries up because of lack of trading action.

I have lost any inclination until this is resolved.

jumpstart:
Just to continue from my first post. My unit runs RAM at 93% . The screens can be moved abouton the desktop but it takes much time to change timescales.

Then there is issue of loading indicators, ... they don't load. You drag and drop and nothing happens except a freeze. On restart I notice a dropped indi was in the previous sub-window, but the same indi in its own window has an empty window, MT4 doesn't even load it, but does in the other window,..figure that one.

Clearly the MT4 on my unit is corrupted.

This is nothing short of a balls up. These were forced upgrades too.

Do they realise that money is relying on these things?

Brokers will start complaining soon when the revenue dries up because of lack of trading action.

I have lost any inclination until this is resolved.

They don't care at all about traders and brokers do not care at all about traders either. When brokers are buying HFT companies it should be a sign for traders to step out

Metatrader is just a toy designed to lure gamblers to lose their savings. It is not designed for serious trading at all

Well this deserves a post A guy asked at metaquotes why the free margin is not calculated correctly in build 711. The answer was that he should check with the broker since the error comes from broker settings. As it turned out, the broker is METATRADER

Files:
00_3.png  33 kb

That's a good catch

Of course, after that picture there is no mentioning of that error (that question is ignored altogether from then on)

The usual metatrader way of handling errors : head in the sand, and then the error should disappear thanks to some magical ways. God forbid that they (the MQ gods) try to correct the error

Here is another one found in 711, the "lucky" build.

int shift=iBarShift(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,shiftstartdate);

ShiftStartDate with a value of 1/2/2014 gives what appears to be the correct offset number.

ShiftStartDate with a value of 12/30/2013 or earlier all return the file size less one.

Found this one while testing RenkoLiveChart with an offline chart.

A must see post from mq :

Is there way how to suppress aromatic updating.

The whole thread about new builds starts to look like that

Files:
aromatic.gif  4 kb

checkin:
A must see post from mq :

The whole thread about new builds starts to look like that

Isn't that all it is now : an "aromatic" trading platform

New secret words for build 719 :

exception: c0000005

address: 77258203

When you try to recompile the EA that is running

Reason: