Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 59

Now they are asking for example sources with errors found. A bit too late ...

Well, they are losing testers support big time. Not going to quote what I was said there a week ago (gibberish of one of the "moderators" that obviously acted as ordered on the English part of mq site), but I simply decided not to post anything anymore regarding their beta at their site - if they want to know about errors in their trading platform they should find it themselves - or read about it here

Their "moderators" are just spammers allowed to spam. mq is not even bothering to compensate them otherwise

I have just had something really odd happen, I downloaded the platform from MetaQuotes and put in the new MT4 server info into the server then set up a new account then restarted the platform and nothing would update. So I just deleted the MetaQuotes platform and basically decided it was not worth while doing anything more, however about 2 hours later I opened up my permanent Demo account that I have with my broker and it initially loaded then disappeared then reloaded with the 560 build. My demo account number and the server are still set at my original settings so how is this possible? I have since loaded my live account and a second Demo with the same account details as the previous Demo platform and they have loaded with my original setup with build 509 as expected so it was not my broker doing the update. How can one Demo platform update all by itself to the latest build without the correct server info?

cja:
I have just had something really odd happen, I downloaded the platform from MetaQuotes and put in the new MT4 server info into the server then set up a new account then restarted the platform and nothing would update. So I just deleted the MetaQuotes platform and basically decided it was not worth while doing anything more, however about 2 hours later I opened up my permanent Demo account that I have with my broker and it initially loaded then disappeared then reloaded with the 560 build. My demo account number and the server are still set at my original settings so how is this possible? I have since loaded my live account and a second Demo with the same account details as the previous Demo platform and they have loaded with my original setup with build 509 as expected so it was not my broker doing the update. How can one Demo platform update all by itself to the latest build without the correct server info?

cja

In case that you do not understand Russian, here are some post explaining what happens and what to do to prevent that : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page20 (ever since I deleted that folder, had no problem - so freely delete it)

Thanks for that mladen I actually thought that the original issue had been fixed obviously not. I have since converted 2 of my indicators and an EA just to give me some idea of what I would be up against once MetaQuotes get it sorted out, the EA took me 3 hours (EA contains 2700 lines of code ) the Signal Bars 2 hours ( Signal Bars contains 1800 lines of code ) and the Dolly indicator 2 hours ( Dolly contains 2650 lines of code ) and none of them would run without being recoded. I have had a brief play with them and everything appears to be functioning as it should at this stage and the labels also appear to be correct. This is build 560. I suspect one would get quicker the more you do however I am not going to do much more at this stage because everything is likely to change tomorrow if MT5 is anything to go by.

Files:
click.gif  43 kb
dolly.gif  93 kb
signal_bars.gif  40 kb

People

For months and month there was nothing new at metaquotes metatrader 4 site (not a single new source was posted there). At metatrader 5 part code posted is a code that mainly does not work any more. That is the future of new metatrader 4. They are going to kill source sharing - and it will end as metatrader 5 - nobody wants it (except for freaks that are talking about OOP and posting nothing at all)

techmac:
People For months and month there was nothing new at metaquotes metatrader 4 site (not a single new source was posted there). At metatrader 5 part code posted is a code that mainly does not work any more. That is the future of new metatrader 4. They are going to kill source sharing - and it will end as metatrader 5 - nobody wants it (except for freaks that are talking about OOP and posting nothing at all)

Of course that they are going to close the open code exchange - they want even those few $ that they are getting in the jobs section of their site. Greed is going to close metatrader not competition

Here is one example of an error that we can find in this beta

It is a very, very simple EA. And it is displaying 3 numbers : open of a current bar, time of the current bar an local time. When you place it on chart try changing time frames and symbols. Do not be surprised that neither open nor the time of the current bar does not change : it will not change. As a matter of fact if you use any internal function or built in indicator it will show only data for the time frame and symbol it was started on. In all the other cases it will show wrong data (in cases when you change symbols it will show data from a completely wrong symbol - so all the functions or built in indicators or icustom indicators will show wrong results in those cases)

Files:
_test.mq4  1 kb

mladen:
all the functions or built in indicators or icustom indicators will show wrong results in those cases)

How can Metaquotes possibly talk about a January release with errors like this? It sounds like nearly all MTF indicators and multi symbol dashboards are non functional, in addition to the use of CTL M to drag and drop different symbols onto a chart or change the time frames.

This is beginning to sound like the Obamacare website, completely useless.

Reason: