Metatrader known bugs ... - page 59

techmac
2973
techmac  
Big Be:
Conspiracy theories: Gotta love 'em!

- Everybody can have their very own

- Much more interesting than the truth ("Incompetence" doesn't sell newspapers or Blogs)

- They are Free!

- And a very few of them are even true!

Grab one today before they are all sold out!

Glad that an expert stepped in too

When you talk about some things, are you talking about things like these : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page130 ?

test
1232
test  

Looks like autocomplete in metateditor stops working when the cursor reaches position 256 or higher within a single line (if you brake up the line into multiple lines it will work again). I do not know what happens with such long lines in some cases when compiled.

Mladen Rakic
132762
Mladen Rakic  
checkin:
Looks like autocomplete in metateditor stops working when the cursor reaches position 256 or higher within a single line (if you brake up the line into multiple lines it will work again). I do not know what happens with such long lines in some cases when compiled.

Their autocomplete in the new metatrader 4 never worked OK. That what you described is not the only case when it stops working. With a removal of help from being a sub window docked in metaeditor to making autocomplete case sensitive and not working as it should in a lot of cases they just made it harder to code for a lot of people. Pity

test
1232
test  

Oh well, one day it will be perfect :):)

The only issue is that I will be long dead by then

test
1232
test  

Why it does not always highlight external variables? Sometimes it does, and sometimes when I open a file, it does not highlight the externals at all

Davide Abate
482
Davide Abate  
checkin:
According to metaquotes it is an error of a broker (lost connection) :):) Meaning : if you lose connection it just might find the exact account number and post an order at that exact account number but not the one you wanted. Such pile of crap as an explanation is too much even from metaquotes
checkin:
Last beauty :

"client account differs from the account in trade position'63516'"

Meaning : the order was opened at a wrong account

Meaning : you can just watch it and cry

Meaning : metatrader can open an order on the WRONG ACCOUNT!!!

Never seen a thing like that

have you found a way to solve or avoid it?

i also receive "client account differs from the account in trade position'

and only on one of my cloned MT4 instance?!?

I've tried to get back to 646 but i have a lot of

'208886': DataCenter connecting failed [6]

or

'0': DataCenter connecting failed [2]

on all MT4 instance..

Is probably due to some broker's server updates?

And witch build you find more "stable"? 625, 646 or 670?

test
1232
test  
babagoproject:
have you found a way to solve or avoid it?

i also receive "client account differs from the account in trade position'

and only on one of my cloned MT4 instance?!?

I've tried to get back to 646 but i have a lot of

'208886': DataCenter connecting failed [6]

or

'0': DataCenter connecting failed [2]

on all MT4 instance..

Is probably due to some broker's server updates?

And witch build you find more "stable"? 625, 646 or 670?

babagoproject

No, I haven't found any solution for that. My broker updated to 670, but frankly I do not see much difference among any of the versions so far.

test
1232
test  

Build 696 (already - it was 695 a couple of days ago) : again problems with dlls

Bob Fisher
316
Bob Fisher  

Here’s a really ugly user memory bug.

I have been debugging someone else’s code to find why the indicator was stopping by using Option Strict. With it, I found that the indicator, an RSI variant, was occasionally calculating an intermediate result with extremely large values, like 250 digits before the decimal point! This caused a division by zero in the Fisher transform in the indicator.

What I finally found that MetaQuotes Terminal version 670, was changing the indicator memory location to cause the errors whenever certain Terminal actions were performed, like adding another indicator to existing window 1 for example. It also occurred during drop down menu operations when I tried to get screen prints of the issue. This problem seems to be related to Mouse movement. Once the Terminal action was completed or canceled, the calculations reverted to producing normal values, in my case 0.00. So the result is: running the indicator without Strict produces valid results; whereas with Strict checking enforced, the indicator fails.

I have also found out that this memory access issue is not totally consistent. Actions that caused the issue may not be repeatable after restarting Terminal. However, by using the right click menu and selecting “Save as Picture” or “Properties” or other input screens and then moving the mouse over the OK & Cancel buttons can usually cause the problem.

While I don’t want to sound paranoid, I suspect MetaQuotes is routinely gathering data from our machines by issuing some type of web request that is emulating mouse movements to trigger Terminal to perform actions which result in changing the indicator’s memory space. This goes along with Mladen’s previous post about the size of outbound internet traffic produced by Terminal.

It certainly makes us wonder why we are risking out funds using this software.

Files:
sep_19b.png 151 kb
sep_19a.png 149 kb
Mladen Rakic
132762
Mladen Rakic  

Metatrader compiler does not know the difference between the libraries extensions.

This example :

#import "name.ex4"

.

.

.

#import "name.dll"

.

.

.

#import

produces the following "error" : 'name.dll' - import already defined in a different way, which is a complete nonsense, since those are two completely different libraries