4TF Bars: Indicators and Ideas - page 20

What a wonderful wake up !

Thanks a lot Mladen, you're so nice

Hum, when do you sleep ???

Have a nice day and thousands thanks for that

Zilliq

Hi MLaden,

I play with your game/indicator and I see there is a bug

As you see, on the graph (DAX ut1), the Hull ema continue to go down (Timeframe 15 minutes) , but the 4TF indicate it goes up in the 15 mn timeframe line

Thanks a lot to correct it

Have a nice week-end

Zilliq

Ps: I see the same bug if I use a 5 minutes Hull ema on the graph. It's not always the same directions in the 4TF

dow

mladen:
zilliq Here you go Both files needed in order to make the 4 time frame one work
Files:

zilliq:
Hi MLaden,

I play with your game/indicator and I see there is a bug

As you see, on the graph (DAX ut1), the Hull ema continue to go down (Timeframe 15 minutes) , but the 4TF indicate it goes up in the 15 mn timeframe line

Thanks a lot to correct it

Have a nice week-end

Zilliq

Ps: I see the same bug if I use a 5 minutes Hull ema on the graph. It's not always the same directions in the 4TF

dow

zilliq

At my PC it works just fine (see the example picture)

In any case I would recommend that in future you do no use the 4BARS version since it lacks some thing that the versions made after that have (like checking exactly how many bars of a target time frame has to be calculated - which that older version does not have and which is probably why you have that error on screen for older bars since that version of 4BARS indicator does not check all the bars it needs to check in the past). Correcting it would mean making it the same as the newest one and you insisted that you want to use that version (as far as I remember - see posts #213 and #214). At your case try going through all the time frames that the indicator should show and my guess is that eventually it will show all the same for those older bars

Files:
example.gif  46 kb

Gloups, not sure I have understand all your explanations

Thanks for your quick answer

In fact no popup error appear on the screen it's just that there is some difference between the indicator on the price graph and the 4TF (Try Dax in 1 minute as me and a Hull EMa with a 15 minutes timeframe)

In fact I like this 4TF model only because I know to change the arrow code, the timeframe, the colors and so on (Poor newbie on MT4)

Please can you explain differently where you think the problem is

Thanks

Zilliq

It's strange in EURUSD we haven't the same graph with the same parameters (red arrow)

Files:

zilliq:
Gloups, not sure I have understand all your explanations

Thanks for your quick answer

In fact no popup error appear on the screen it's just that there is some difference between the indicator on the price graph and the 4TF (Try Dax in 1 minute as me and a Hull EMa with a 15 minutes timeframe)

In fact I like this 4TF model only because I know to change the arrow code, the timeframe, the colors and so on (Poor newbie on MT4)

Please can you explain differently where you think the problem is

Thanks

Zilliq

Imagine this (but just as an abstract example, in reality nimbers will be even more different in some cases):

1st time frame has 1bar changed

2nd time frame has 1bar changed

3rd time frame has 500bars changed

4th time frame has 1bars changed

The version of 4BARS you proposed to use will not calculate the 500 bars of the 3rd time frame but just 1. And because of that it will show wrong values for older values (older than current bars). It is assuming that all time frames are having the same number of bars changed at the same time which is not true at all

I understand Thanks a lot Mladen and sorry for my bad english,

So, do you know if there is a new version with 2 files and with this "option" because I modify these lines (it's an example):

NonLagUpPeriod_1 = iCustom(NULL,Period_1,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length,Price,PctFilter,3,Period_1_shift) ;

NonLagUpPeriod_2 = iCustom(NULL,Period_2,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length2,Price,PctFilter2,3,Period_2_shift) ;

NonLagUpPeriod_3 = iCustom(NULL,Period_3,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length3,Price,PctFilter3,3,Period_3_shift) ;

NonLagUpPeriod_4 = iCustom(NULL,Period_4,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length4,Price,PctFilter4,3,Period_4_shift) ;

to have the possibility to change the timeframe and the period on each lines (it avoids to disturb you to modify the code). And I like the arrows (for the trend notably), because I like to know when the 1 minute timeframe goes up (for example), when the 15 minutes timeframe goes already up

Thanks a lot

Zilliq

zilliq:
I understand Thanks a lot Mladen and sorry for my bad english,

So, do you know if there is a new version with 2 files and with this "option" because I modify these lines (it's an example):

NonLagUpPeriod_1 = iCustom(NULL,Period_1,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length,Price,PctFilter,3,Period_1_shift) ;

NonLagUpPeriod_2 = iCustom(NULL,Period_2,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length2,Price,PctFilter2,3,Period_2_shift) ;

NonLagUpPeriod_3 = iCustom(NULL,Period_3,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length3,Price,PctFilter3,3,Period_3_shift) ;

NonLagUpPeriod_4 = iCustom(NULL,Period_4,"NonLag ma nrp & mtf + alerts","",Length4,Price,PctFilter4,3,Period_4_shift) ;

to have the possibility to change the timeframe and the period on each lines (it avoids to disturb you to modify the code). And I like the arrows (for the trend notably), because I like to know when the 1 minute timeframe goes up (for example), when the 15 minutes timeframe goes already up

Thanks a lot

Zilliq

Zilliq

I avoid making indicators that use external indicator for multiple reasons :

• because then people need to keep track of multiple indicators
  • simple name change of the "basic" indicator disables the other (the caling one) to work while in the "single file" approach you can call it as you wish
  • if the "basic" indicator changes for some reason the other will change how it work and user might even be unaware of that
  • the code kept in a single file is much easier to keep tidy and to write it correctly
  • it helps in a metatrader bug (if you have more than 512 files in indicators folder, some indicators will not be visible at all)
  • I simply like the idea that one job is done by one peace of code

Thanks a lot Mladen, I understand 100 % (I have the same kind of bugs on the Prorealtime plateform)

I have good and bad news

As I was a little affraid that the other 4TF you create has this bug I test the other 4TF based on this model on different timeframe

4Tf with your nonlag MA, 4TF with your hull 2.0

And they work very well without any problem and any bug

The only 4TFwith this bug is this one with the ema variation

So can it be only a problem with this indicator ? Can you check if you see any problem ?

And if there is no apparent problem can you do a correct 4TF not based on this model with 4 periods options, 4 timeframe options, 4 adapt periods, and the arrows based on 1, 2, 3 or 4 lines, with onbarclose or not because I test many moving average and I think it will be interesting the community (and me of course)

Thanks a lot, for all, your job, and your kindness, it's so rare

Zilliq

Ps: I'm afraid too, I see that we are only 2 to do the conversation on this thread since 4 pages ...

On the picture I put the timeframe to 15 minutes on the 4 lines to obtain the arrows and better see the problem

adaptive_hull_ema_variation_beta.mq4

4bars-mtf-adaptive_hull_variation.mq4

zilliq:
Thanks a lot Mladen, I understand 100 % (I have the same kind of bugs on the Prorealtime plateform)

I have good and bad news

As I was a little affraid that the other 4TF you create has this bug I test the other 4TF based on this model on different timeframe

4Tf with your nonlag MA, 4TF with your hull 2.0

And they work very well without any problem and any bug

The only 4TFwith this bug is this one with the ema variation

So can it be only a problem with this indicator ? Can you check if you see any problem ?

And if there is no apparent problem can you do a correct 4TF not based on this model with 4 periods options, 4 timeframe options, 4 adapt periods, and the arrows based on 1, 2, 3 or 4 lines, with onbarclose or not because I test many moving average and I think it will be interesting the community (and me of course)

Thanks a lot, for all, your job, and your kindness, it's so rare

Zilliq

Ps: I'm afraid too, I see that we are only 2 to do the conversation on this thread since 4 pages ...

On the picture I put the timeframe to 15 minutes on the 4 lines to obtain the arrows and better see the problem

adaptive_hull_ema_variation_beta.mq4

4bars-mtf-adaptive_hull_variation.mq4

Zilliq

Please take a look at the picture I posted again : I do not have that problem as you can see from that picture.

PS: found it. The problem is not in the 4 time frame indicator but in the base indicator that always used adapting period 15 when in multi time frame mode. Use the one attached and you will get the correct results even when adapting period is different than 15

Reason: