Advanced trading lessons - page 52

xslgha xavaòfuamga-hngak

Books

trendchangetrader:
Phil,

Thanks... yes I've read all of them. My friend Suri Duddella has a fantastic chart patterns book which is very straight forward and applicable simply search him on amazon. My favorite book is Edwin Lefevre's book about Jesse Livermore "Reminences of a stock operator". For whatever reason, it really hit home with me. Livermore was self destructive and I have been too... so we have to protect ourselves from ourselves. I love Covel's book... it challenged me to prove him wrong. He made a statement "that we could not be trendfollowers on tf's lower than daily"...

I'm not a coder, but Pardo's book is very good... he is Bill Dunn's guy. Lastly, I think everyone should read "The making of an American Capitalist". Though Buffet is a fundamentals guy, there are some very important lessons. Patience!!! being one of them.

Ciao

TCT

TCT....3 years ago I wrote an entire thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178496 devoted to Suri Duddella´s book,after exchanging a few emails with him,Nice guy,excellent trading book.He was so nice he even sent me an e-mail after our conversation to inform me when a Dragon pattern was starting to form in the S&P,real time.

These 3 patterns are my favourites 2B buy/sell,MSH/MSL and Dragon...The 2B is a moneymaker with very good RR on H4,D1,W1,and a good pattern in H1 and below.

For those trading the S&P,I suggest that you read "The Mejt System" by Jeffrey Tennant,which is based on PA at specifics times of the day and its predictive capabilities regarding daily trend direction.Jeff is a member of a very private group of traders that exchange daily analysis among ourselves,and I can attest that he is usually spot on.The book is exceptional,unfortunately it is only appliable to the S&P,the concept is not appliable to FX.

Edit:I hadn´t seen the latest commnents by boe and Philt.

Boe,don´t be so schizophrenic,Philt´s comments have been polite and spot on,you can now do 2 things,acknowledge your claims went way over your limited capabilities and modify your behaviour and try to explain your favourite Al Brooks patterns with a modicum of modesty.IMHO this would be more postive to everybody involved,specially to you,and a much better reaction than your continuous "Fight&Flight" combined with after the fact explanations that do not fool anybody and only degrade the image you want to project.

You don´t know it yet,but trying to explain Al Brooks patterns in a clear and concise manner will be more helpful to you than to us,and everybody will appreciate you for it.

Regards

S

SIMBA:
TCT....3 years ago I wrote an entire thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178496 devoted to Suri Duddella´s book,after exchanging a few emails with him,Nice guy,excellent trading book.He was so nice he even sent me an e-mail after our conversation to inform me when a Dragon pattern was starting to form in the S&P,real time.

These 3 patterns are my favourites 2B buy/sell,MSH/MSL and Dragon...The 2B is a moneymaker with very good RR on H4,D1,W1,and a good pattern in H1 and below.

For those trading the S&P,I suggest that you read "The Mejt System" by Jeffrey Tennant,which is based on PA at specifics times of the day and its predictive capabilities regarding daily trend direction.Jeff is a member of a very private group of traders that exchange daily analysis among ourselves,and I can attest that he is usually spot on.The book is exceptional,unfortunately it is only appliable to the S&P,the concept is not appliable to FX.

Edit:I hadn´t seen the latest commnents by boe and Philt.

Boe,don´t be so schizophrenic,Philt´s comments have been polite and spot on,you can now do 2 things,acknowledge your claims went way over your limited capabilities and modify your behaviour and try to explain your favourite Al Brooks patterns with a modicum of modesty.IMHO this would be more postive to everybody involved,specially to you,and a much better reaction than your continuous "Fight&Flight" combined with after the fact explanations that do not fool anybody and only degrade the image you want to project.

You don´t know it yet,but trying to explain Al Brooks patterns in a clear and concise manner will be more helpful to you than to us,and everybody will appreciate you for it.

Regards

S

Hi Simba,

Small world, I just spoke to Suri last Friday. His book is very practical and straight to the point. Damn!!! I just realized, I loaned it to someone and never got it back!!!!

I have not traded today... I just woke up... barely.

Cu

TCT

PS... EDIT... here is an advanced trading lesson... before posting, remember what the hell you did the night before. rofl

Files:
swing1_10.gif  15 kb

i think we have given you ample opportunity and been very nice about it.

I edited my post because its not the way to go.

Boe as Simba has said below, why don't you just admit a few things, people will actually respect you more and think nothing less of you. If you feel strongly about this stratgey then continue but be a bit more humble and open to other peoples opinions.

Hi Boe,

listen to me please, I perfectly understood you, so here is a clue.

A great man knows when he needs help and is humble enough to ask for it.

Sometimes you need to take a step back before taking a big step forward.

Now it's only up to you.

philt:
He may post but probably feeling sorry for himself, can't take a bit of criticism , well welcome to the real world it's tuff out there. It's a good idea he doesn't work for any financial institution, morning meeting getting your analysis rip to shreds by a room full of 10 dozen traders can be the end of a man if you are the sensitive type.

well. now we will see what kind of man is he.

philt:
He may post but probably feeling sorry for himself, can't take a bit of criticism , well welcome to the real world it's tuff out there. It's a good idea he doesn't work for any financial institution, morning meeting getting your analysis rip to shreds by a room full of 10 dozen traders can be the end of a man if you are the sensitive type.

Phil, relax... be humble... this is what trading teaches... you know this.

red bull:
well. now we will see what kind of man is he.

Red Bull, you disappoint me. We spoke of humility. Trading is brutal on its own.

Yes TCT you are right, Boe i am sorry, i can be an idiot sometimes.

trendchangetrader:
Red Bull, you disappoint me. We spoke of humility. Trading is brutal on its own.

I was just referring to my previous post...sorry her commander!

Reason: