Automated Trading Championship 2011: A New Battle!

We are pleased to announce that the annual Automated Trading Championship will necessarily be conducted in 2011. Hundreds of trading robots, new automated trading systems and original solutions - we will definitely see it all during the Automated Trading Championship 2011!

The competition is conducted exclusively for trading robots written in MQL5. Like a year ago, anyone can participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2011. This is a great chance to compete for the prize money of $80,000 and prove that you are the Best Developer of Expert Advisors 2011!

Follow the news.

Could you be so kind to make clear when it gonna started? I just can't understand

Ob_amama:
Could you be so kind to make clear when it gonna started? I just can't understand

For now its a first announce. We are discussing all the details of the upcoming event. If you have some suggestions, you may post them here: Automated Trading Championship 2011: A New Battle! - MQL5 forum

Automated Trading Championship 2011

Half a year has passed since the Automated Trading Championship 2010. During this time, many EA developers certainly had time to reflect on the contest results and now prepare new trading strategies based on this valuable experience. Soon we will witness a new exciting battle of trading robots for $80,000.

Once again, different strategies underlying Expert Advisors will come together in a fierce battle. And once again the attention of the traders community will be directed to the dramatic change of leaders, the sudden rises of recent outsiders and unexpected falls of acknowledged masters.

This year’s Championship will be even more interesting and exciting than ever before. And there are several reasons for that. First, MQL-developers have had enough time to study the new features of the MQL5 language and are ready to enter the new Championship fully armed. Second, the expanded functionality of the MetaTrader 5 client terminal and the release of the new MQL5 Wizard should significantly increase the number of participants, because now the development of Expert Advisors is available to anyone, and not only to experienced MQL-programmers.

“Over 300 Expert Advisors participated in the previous Championship, -says Stanislav Starikov, the Championship Jury member. – This year the number will increase substantially – we expect to receive several thousands of applications for participation. The reason for this surge lies in the recently released MQL5 Wizard, using which any trader without programming skills can easily create a trading robot. Although, this would not guarantee a victory in the Championship, of course”.

Trading robots written in MQL5 are allowed to enter the competition. From June 1 till September 23 anyone can register as a Participant and compete for the prize of $80,000. The Championship will start on the 3rd of October and will end on the 23rd of December. Participation is free.

Create Expert Advisors, register and get ready to compete with the seasoned fighters of previous Championships. This is going to be a hot battle!

The Automated Trading Championship 2011 is sponsored by MIG Bank, Go Markets Pty Ltd and Vantage FX. The media sponsor is Forex-TSD.

Automated Trading Championship 2011: How to Participate in the Competition

Only a week has passed since the beginning of the registration, and already more than 250 people have expressed their desire to compete for the ATC prizes. More than a hundred of them have submitted their information and have been accepted after their data were checked by a moderator.

But based on the experience of the previous Automated Trading Championships, we known that a significant portion of those willing to participate in the competition couldn't complete the registration stage. We will try to describe all the aspects of how to register and fill out personal data to help everyone easily join the new race.

What you need to do in order to participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2011:

* Register and confirm your participation

* Provide the necessary confidential information about yourself to the organizers

* Download all the files required for the operation of your Expert Advisor

Registration

The Championship website at championship.mql5.com is tightly integrated into MQL5.community. Therefore, there are two ways to submit an application for participation:

* If you do not have an account at mql5.com. Complete the standard registration procedure on the site of the Automated Trading Championship 2011. Activate your account by clicking on the link from the email you receive after the registration. In this case, your participation in the Championship will be automatically confirmed.

* If you have already registered at the MQL5.community. In this case, you simply need to log on mql5.com, go to the Championship website and confirm your participation by clicking the appropriate button.

OpenID

MQL5.community now supports a new convenient way of authentication, which was earlier announced in our forum. If you do not have an mql5.com account, and want to take part in the Championship (as well as become a member of the MQL5.community) we recommend that you use the convenience of this new technology.

The registration procedure using OpenID is pretty simple:

* Select one of the OpenID providers and enter the details of your account.

* Create a login name under which you will be presented at the Automated Trading Championship 2011 and in the MQL5.community.

Benefits of OpenID:

* No need to create a complex password during registration

* No need to confirm your email address, as during a usual registration procedure

* No need to enter your login and password to login on MQL5.com and championship.mql5.com - just click on the icon of your OpenID provider.

You can read the full text of the article on the Championship site - How to Participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2011.

The Automated Trading Championship 2011 is sponsored by MIG Bank, Go Markets Pty Ltd and Vantage FX. The media sponsor is Forex-TSD.

Interview with Victor Kirillin: Benefit from the MQL5 Wizard

Victor Kirillin has been working for MetaQuotes Software Corp. for over two years and is directly related to the MQL5 Wizard.

The MQL5 Wizard is built into the MetaEditor 5 (the MQL5 development environment) and is designed to assists programmers in routine operations when creating programs for the MetaTrader 5 terminal: indicators, scripts and Expert Advisors. But the main feature of the new MQL5 Wizard is the ability to create a ready-to-work trading robot without writing a single line of code! This is what we are going to talk about with Victor.

What you would advise the traders who cannot program their strategies in MQL5?

My advice would be "unexpected". Benefit from the MQL5 Wizard. You can implement almost everything based on the classes of the Standard Library. Try to create an Expert Advisor on the basis of a combination of ready-made modules of signals from various indicators, and you will realize how easy it is.

If you can formulate a strategy, but do not have programming skills - find professionals through the Jobs service. A module of trading signals can be used in many variations of Expert Advisors with different trailing stop and money management parameters.

This not only saves you money you would spend on paid Expert Advisors (because you will have to pay for the implementation of every little change in the type of trailing or calculation of the trade volumes), but also saves you time, because you don't have to communicate with programmers, explaining all the details.

You can read the full text of the article on the Championship site - Interview with Victor Kirillin: Benefit from the MQL5 Wizard

Is it allowed to join the Championship if I don't code the EA myself?

Is it allowed to join:

1. If I own the logic/rules and hire someone to code it?

2. If I purchase a closed source EA on the internet/ebay/etc...

Thanks

landofcash:
Is it allowed to join the Championship if I don't code the EA myself?

Is it allowed to join:

1. If I own the logic/rules and hire someone to code it?

2. If I purchase a closed source EA on the internet/ebay/etc...

Thanks

Unfortunately, no, it isn't. Automated Trading Championship is only for developers on MQL5. You can write your own trade signal module and make Expert Advisor using this module in MQL5 Wizard.

Automated Trading Championship 2011

i read that this website is also a sponsor of the trading championship. i am also thinking about participating in the competition(though i dont know programming much). Can someone tell me the rules of this competition?

How much virtual capital is given to each trader?

Is there any restriction on frequency of trading?

Any fixed time duration(during which we have to trade) or we can trade for entire 24 hours everyday?

Any special rules to be followed(for example maximum number of lots per trade is 50 only, cannot exceed that limit)?

How do we participate(by sending them our EA or by sending them our trades or how???)?

If we want to use EA, then do they provide webhosting for our EA? Or we have to host it on our own server?

Can we trade in all currency pairs or we have to trade only in that pair which they specify?

i know i ask a lot of questions

are forextsd members participating in it?

Reason: