Digital ACSTrend - page 24

Hello there everyone!

firstly i have been a short time reader and i am very fascinated with the discussion here

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this discussion, you all inspire me to continue using forex

Today i was sick so i decided to make a simple EA by using SSA and the base logic from the TrendMagicSSAEP indicator.

I cannot work out why its trading between crosses, i suspect maybe repaints or that i'm not using SSA EP properly

I hope maybe this will help others come up with a simple scalper EA, perhaps others can help to make this happen?

Regards,

Files:
nd_ssa_v1.mq4  16 kb

Hi John,

The indicator is giving error '' - empty token''

biddick:
Hi John, The indicator is giving error '' - empty token''

Just put a couple of "//" in front of where it says "#mod by..", in line 6.

SSA Cycles

Hi, thank you for the contribution. However I lack skill and knowledge to help you.

However I show what I have. I made a custom mod of the Mladen's SSA ep, it was not by adding stuff but just by removing the normalization of the SSA normalized end- pointed. In fact in this mod I do not need the normalization, because I want to see the pure recomposed SSA cycles identified as they are.

I want to remind you, that when we have number of computation 2. That means that we have a reconstruction covering the 1 and 2 of the most contributing components.

When we have 3: We have 1 + 2 + 3 reconstruction.

I want to remind that here the logic is different from the spectral methods as MESA, and recently Goertzel. We do not look to identify dominant cycles.

I recommend in order to use with varying degrees of understanding to make a cycle decomposition using additional software. Such software have been provided for free by Theodore Alexandrov. The Caterpilar software is also nice, I mean the free version works really fine, however I cannot run it on my 64 bit computer.

/Installation Note: you need the library of the SSA end pointed previously on this forum/

biddick and camaron thanks for the comments. I think it is fixed now (see next two posts).

I hope this may work

The idea is to add the tick volume into the computation. So the SSA would react more when we have an increased tic activity.

I hope this would work.

Just in case

Just in case I made another mod of SSA with fractal adaptation.

The idea is as follows. We want to see amplified cycles only if we have a low fractal dimension. The iVAR is nice for this.

So I divide the oscillator by the values of the iVAR.

If we want to use it together with the volume we need to think about some coefficients to equalize the values.

So on the shot on the left we have the Volume adjusted SSA (the mod V), the normal SSA and the Fractal adjusted SSA (the mod F).

On the shot of the right only the normal mod and the F mod.

There are two shots. In fact the idea is pretty simple. I just divide the Oscillator by the iVAR (when we have high readings and high fractal dimension the result will be different from low fractal dimension). This is the idea I hope I did it right. Anyway this approach can by used with any oscillator.

Another shot

Here I add another shot. I like it that is all.

Files:
ssa_window3.gif  25 kb

John Last:
Here I add another shot. I like it that is all.

I like these John. Great work!

thnx alot for sharing

Another shot

Here I add another shot to show the new indicators.

I am watching this the same as you, telling to my self.

Dude this is too good to be true.

Anyway I add a shot with the same indicator from a different broker.

What? The same indicator Brain Trend SSA ep, gives me a different solution.

The ASCtrend MESA gets crazy.

Any way take a look at the fractal dimension. It is really high. You cannot expect from the ASCtrend to perform in those conditions, especially the most reactive mods.

However look at the places when we have lower entropy and low fractal dimension. Right there our crazy mad, Mesa mod gives us the tops and the bottoms. This is important because you may conclude that this system does not work. And the classical optimization routine does no help to solve this kind of roblem.

It works but we need to assess the market conditions. And for that the iVAR and the Entropy are very helpful. The entropy spikes down looks like indicating tops and bottoms as the Noxa team suggest for their version of entropy indicator. We should monitor closely the Entropy indicator.

Files:
hm3.gif  37 kb
ttg.gif  36 kb
Reason: