Digital ACSTrend - page 17

Camaron:
I've had to add two indicators, to get a clearer picture.

Hurst Difference indicates persistence in a time series - above 0 = good

Fractal Wave-PM is an indicator originally made by Mark Whistler, that I've modified to use Frasma. Essentially it shows expansion and contraction of price over time, much like fractal bands, i.e. dispersion.

It does not indicate direction, and "gains strength" as it moves up 0.5 to 0.9, Above 0.9 it will rollover, and typically indicates an end (perhaps just temporary) to the move.

And, as with much of the info in this thread, FDI/FGDI/IVAR must be considered.

Thanks for the indis Camaron

But your Hurst and Fractal wave have refresh issues. In order to have the correct values after several candle close i have to reload the indi.

Can someone have a look into it please ?

Thanks !

Big Joe:
Thanks for the indis Camaron

But your Hurst and Fractal wave have refresh issues. In order to have the correct values after several candle close i have to reload the indi.

Can someone have a look into it please ?

Thanks !

I'm sorry, but that doesn't occur on my charts. Have no idea why the wouldn't refresh correctly.

xpMA wonderful, thx.

Thanks Camaron, tomorrow i will show you a chart, maybe you better understand.

For me, time to go to restaurant and bed

Hi Camaron

This morning i checked and checked again, try 3 different broker's demo and i got again the problem refresh with Hurst. (maybe it's me, or maybe i miss a lib or include file, i don't know).

Put your indi on small timeframe (on 1 minute) wait for 5 or 10 bar closes and reload your indi (don't close your indi, right click on it don't change settings and click OK, you will see bars disapearing.).

Maybe you can contact your coders, or maybe one of our guru here can take a look.

I ask this because this indi is very interesting !

Thanks !

Big Joe:
Hi Camaron

This morning i checked and checked again, try 3 different broker's demo and i got again the problem refresh with Hurst. (maybe it's me, or maybe i miss a lib or include file, i don't know).

Put your indi on small timeframe (on 1 minute) wait for 5 or 10 bar closes and reload your indi (don't close your indi, right click on it don't change settings and click OK, you will see bars disapearing.).

Maybe you can contact your coders, or maybe one of our guru here can take a look.

I ask this because this indi is very interesting !

Thanks !

Good morning Big Joe!

Problem doesn't show up on mine, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Camaron:
I've had to add two indicators, to get a clearer picture.

Hurst Difference indicates persistence in a time series - above 0 = good

Fractal Wave-PM is an indicator originally made by Mark Whistler, that I've modified to use Frasma. Essentially it shows expansion and contraction of price over time, much like fractal bands, i.e. dispersion.

It does not indicate direction, and "gains strength" as it moves up 0.5 to 0.9, Above 0.9 it will rollover, and typically indicates an end (perhaps just temporary) to the move.

And, as with much of the info in this thread, FDI/FGDI/IVAR must be considered.

I came across this nifty little MA program, and added the SSA end-pointed indicator to it, and I like the results. Clearly we can use this as an alternative to TMSSAEP. Default setting is to use SSAEP.

Here are the various settings to it:

Moving average types constants:

------------------------------------

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

MODE_DEMA 4 Double Exponential Moving Average.

MODE_TEMA 5 Triple Exponential Moving Average.

MODE_T3MA 6 T3 Moving Average.

MODE_JMA 7 Jurik Moving Average.

MODE_SATL 8 SATL Moving Average.

MODE_SSAEP 9 SSA end-pointed Moving Average.

------------------------------------*/

Applied price constants:

-------------------------------

PRICE_CLOSE 0 Close price.

PRICE_OPEN 1 Open price.

PRICE_HIGH 2 High price.

PRICE_LOW 3 Low price.

PRICE_MEDIAN 4 Median price, (high+low)/2.

PRICE_TYPICAL 5 Typical price, (high+low+close)/3.

PRICE_WEIGHTED 6 Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4.

Actually, some of the choices don't make a lot of difference...

Files:
e-u_exx.gif  26 kb
xpma.mq4  6 kb

Camaron:
Good morning Big Joe! Problem doesn't show up on mine, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Damn, i have no luck !

Nevertheless, thanks !

Files:

Camaron:
I came across this nifty little MA program, and added the SSA end-pointed indicator to it, and I like the results. Clearly we can use this as an alternative to TMSSAEP. Default setting is to use SSAEP.

Here are the various settings to it:

Moving average types constants:

------------------------------------

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

MODE_DEMA 4 Double Exponential Moving Average.

MODE_TEMA 5 Triple Exponential Moving Average.

MODE_T3MA 6 T3 Moving Average.

MODE_JMA 7 Jurik Moving Average.

MODE_SATL 8 SATL Moving Average.

MODE_SSAEP 9 SSA end-pointed Moving Average.

------------------------------------*/

Applied price constants:

-------------------------------

PRICE_CLOSE 0 Close price.

PRICE_OPEN 1 Open price.

PRICE_HIGH 2 High price.

PRICE_LOW 3 Low price.

PRICE_MEDIAN 4 Median price, (high+low)/2.

PRICE_TYPICAL 5 Typical price, (high+low+close)/3.

PRICE_WEIGHTED 6 Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4.

Actually, some of the choices don't make a lot of difference...

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the mods. I was finally able to run your indis.

A few questions:

1. On Hurst Histo- does the spike have to be large or is it ok as long as the spike is above the center line?

2. On the Fractal Wave-PM: How exactly do you use it? What does ti tell when a) at the bottom with a small bar or blank b) around the middle of the range c) at the top. What do these 3 scenarios indicate

3. On the xpMA or Trendmagic line, do you wait for the cross below/above or just a color change?

4. Do you keep different settings for different time frames on all these indicators? What settings would you suggest for 1H, 4H and 1Day.

Sorry, for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

SInewave Mesa

Someone mentioned Sinewave S&R in another forum, and John Last suggested adding MESA to it. (you'll find info and needed files on Mesa here).

I did a little mod, adding R-MesaCutOff Frequencies to it. Quite different!

I have no knowledge about Sinewave S&R, other than what I can see from the charts.

Files:
Reason: