Need help indentifying indicator - page 114

bebeshel:
Forgive my intervention, but in bands centered Triangular MA, we have another 2 parameters "ATRMultiplier" and "ATR Period", in function of which change the direction of slope.

extern string TimeFrame = "current time frame";

extern int HalfLength = 56;

extern int Price = PRICE_CLOSE;

extern double ATRMultiplier = 2.0;

extern int ATRPeriod = 100;

extern bool Interpolate = true;

Could you add these two parameters also in the display TMA Slope?

Thanks.

Hi Bebeshel,

Can add them but they will be sitting there doing nothing, they have nothing to do with Tma Slope and besides AtrMultiplier and AtrPeriod only contol the distance of the outer bands from the center.

In the picture you have, the band centered TriangularMA parameters seen, and below the indicator parameters unchanged?

Files:
tma_slope.jpg  197 kb

In the picture you can see the change of ATR Period 233 y 50, which makes more or less senzitiv the direction of TMA ?

Files:
tma_slope_2.jpg  205 kb

bebeshel:
In the picture you have, the band centered TriangularMA parameters seen, and below the indicator parameters unchanged?

Again the centered triangular ma bands is a recalculating type indicator, the slope and my macd type version is based on a non recalculating Tma, so since the bands recalculate themselves depending on what is going on now, there is no telling where they will be 50 bars back on the other hand the Tma slope and Macd what you see is what you get since they don't recalculate.

What I personally interested in, is when change the direction of TMA centered bands (or better when it loses power)?

mrtools:
Hi Halogenic, Its available in regular elite section

thanks for the reply mrtools, i think it's alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts v2c.

is it in elite or adv. elite section? because in the description,admin says that it!s in the advanced elite. which section to subscribe for downloading?

and most important question ..does that indicator repaints or lags? any deformation after X bars?:)

mladen:
This one would be that : it shows only the slope of TMA (triangular moving average - the "regular" one not the centered version).
But if you are looking for cycles, TMA is not meant to identify cycles. TMA is data smoother, For finding cycles in some data, other ways are used. Fourier transform is the most usual way (thread about it can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842 ) Goertzel algorithm as a sub-set of Fourier transform and some similar. So, if you are after cycles tma should not be used. If you are after "trend detection", tma (the regular TMA) is as good as most of the averaging modes of finding trends

thanks for feedback ... maybe my post was a bit confusing .. i am more interested in identifying ranging zones with a direction so that you have a clue when ranging is beginning or ending...that's what i use TMA for.... i know there are 2 different TMAs...one is reapinting the other not ...the tma slope i was using has a feature signaling ranging zones from (-0.5 to 0.5)...but it is based on TMA repainting ...my question was if is it possible if it possible to base it on a non repainting TMA

the tma slope you have attached does not show me any ranging zones.. ...but maybe you know a better non repainting indicator which is indicating ranging zones in the same manner

Sometimes I wish I have never made that centered TMA - so much fuss about it

Anyway, here is a "regular" triangular moving average slope that translates the slope into pips (like the one you are mentioning). The range on 0.5 is visible now, but you have to know that it simply means that the slope is less than 0.5 pips at that bar. Using it like that is rather misleading since the higher the time frame the higher the regular value of a slope in pips will be, so on high time frames it is unusable (try it on weekly or monthly and you will see). Normalizing slope into some usable (predictable) ranges is not that simple without deforming values ...

tobi77:
thanks for feedback ... maybe my post was a bit confusing .. i am more interested in identifying ranging zones with a direction so that you have a clue when ranging is beginning or ending...that's what i use TMA for.... i know there are 2 different TMAs...one is reapinting the other not ...the tma slope i was using has a feature signaling ranging zones from (-0.5 to 0.5)...but it is based on TMA repainting ...my question was if is it possible if it possible to base it on a non repainting TMA the tma slope you have attached does not show me any ranging zones.. ...but maybe you know a better non repainting indicator which is indicating ranging zones in the same manner
Files:

halogenic:
thanks for the reply mrtools, i think it's alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts v2c.

is it in elite or adv. elite section? because in the description,admin says that it!s in the advanced elite. which section to subscribe for downloading?

and most important question ..does that indicator repaints or lags? any deformation after X bars?:)

Hi Halogenic,

The bands are in advanced elite, the bands are made from the recalculating Tma with adaptable look back,the price zone is an adaptable range period using Cfb,even though they recalculate i am still able to use them trading.

mladen:
Sometimes I wish I have never made that centered TMA - so much fuss about it

Anyway, here is a "regular" triangular moving average slope that translates the slope into pips (like the one you are mentioning). The range on 0.5 is visible now, but you have to know that it simply means that the slope is less than 0.5 pips at that bar. Using it like that is rather misleading since the higher the time frame the higher the regular value of a slope in pips will be, so on high time frames it is unusable (try it on weekly or monthly and you will see). Normalizing slope into some usable (predictable) ranges is not that simple without deforming values ...

thanks, will try it out .. i only use it on 5 to 15min, but just testing strategy

Reason: