Need help indentifying indicator - page 115

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Sometimes I wish I have never made that centered TMA - so much fuss about it

Anyway, here is a "regular" triangular moving average slope that translates the slope into pips (like the one you are mentioning). The range on 0.5 is visible now, but you have to know that it simply means that the slope is less than 0.5 pips at that bar. Using it like that is rather misleading since the higher the time frame the higher the regular value of a slope in pips will be, so on high time frames it is unusable (try it on weekly or monthly and you will see). Normalizing slope into some usable (predictable) ranges is not that simple without deforming values ...

tobi77:
thanks for feedback ... maybe my post was a bit confusing .. i am more interested in identifying ranging zones with a direction so that you have a clue when ranging is beginning or ending...that's what i use TMA for.... i know there are 2 different TMAs...one is reapinting the other not ...the tma slope i was using has a feature signaling ranging zones from (-0.5 to 0.5)...but it is based on TMA repainting ...my question was if is it possible if it possible to base it on a non repainting TMA the tma slope you have attached does not show me any ranging zones.. ...but maybe you know a better non repainting indicator which is indicating ranging zones in the same manner
Files:
William Snyder
William Snyder  
halogenic:
thanks for the reply mrtools, i think it's alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts v2c.

is it in elite or adv. elite section? because in the description,admin says that it!s in the advanced elite. which section to subscribe for downloading?

and most important question ..does that indicator repaints or lags? any deformation after X bars?:)

Hi Halogenic,

The bands are in advanced elite, the bands are made from the recalculating Tma with adaptable look back,the price zone is an adaptable range period using Cfb,even though they recalculate i am still able to use them trading.

tobi77
tobi77  
mladen:

Anyway, here is a "regular" triangular moving average slope that translates the slope into pips (like the one you are mentioning). The range on 0.5 is visible now, but you have to know that it simply means that the slope is less than 0.5 pips at that bar. Using it like that is rather misleading since the higher the time frame the higher the regular value of a slope in pips will be, so on high time frames it is unusable (try it on weekly or monthly and you will see). Normalizing slope into some usable (predictable) ranges is not that simple without deforming values ...

thanks, will try it out .. i only use it on 5 to 15min, but just testing strategy

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

For those time frames the 0.5 pips slope does well (it is even giving some logical information) Just be careful with those levels

tobi77:
thanks, will try it out .. i only use it on 5 to 15min, but just testing strategy
meek13
meek13  
mladen:
Reminds me of something I made long time ago. Left it because of the transparency (or, better to say, the lack of "nontransparent" rectangles) but I guess it can be used like this too. It can be worked on (options mainly and some additional possibilities) but that I leave for others It can show any symbol and any time frame.

PS: to shift it to right, set the FromRightparameter to negative value. FromRightand Withparameters are both meant to be bars (so the Width would mean that the sub chart is "Width bars wide", the same for the From right : "starts from the FromRight bar on the chart")

regards

mladen

Is it possible to modify this subchart so it displays in the indicator window, instead of plotting it on the price chart?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Sub chart - separate ...

Like this

The code for it is even much simpler than for the "on chart" one

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

regards

Mladen

meek13:
Is it possible to modify this subchart so it displays in the indicator window, instead of plotting it on the price chart?
ZIGANI
ZIGANI  
mladen:

added objects in the main window or level 0

Files:
meek13
meek13  
mladen:
Like this

The code for it is even much simpler than for the "on chart" one

regards

Mladen

That is perfect, thank you very much Mladen

meek13
meek13  

Ergodic Indicator

Is it possible for one you great coders to make the ergodic indicator to plot as a single line with two colors, say red when the fast signal crosses from above to below the slow signal and blue when the fast signal crosses from below to above the slow signal?

For example from the screenshot below you can see the ergodic on the top with the trix below, would like the ergodic to display the same as the slow signal in the trix.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Blau tsi 2 ...

Like this :)

Left the signal line still visible, but you can set it's color to none and then it will be invisible (left the signal line for clarity purpose - this way it can be used both ways)

PS: default parameters in this one are 32,5,5 unlike the 8,5,5 as in the one you posted. Just adjust the first period and you will get the same values ...

regards

Mladen

meek13:
Is it possible for one you great coders to make the ergodic indicator to plot as a single line with two colors, say red when the fast signal crosses from above to below the slow signal and blue when the fast signal crosses from below to above the slow signal?

For example from the screenshot below you can see the ergodic on the top with the trix below, would like the ergodic to display the same as the slow signal in the trix.