Need help indentifying indicator - page 81

mp6140:
what i said was precisely what was meant --- since well before xmas the daily average has been holding steady in the 2000 range with some off days of course, but few and far between.

if youve been aware of the momentum and volatility on the EU pair, you would understand more easily --- its been plain super !

presently have two students (no charge) who are coming close

ps, its long term trend is DOWN !

enjoy and trade well

mp

She is expert on fu.... not programmer.

Bonbo

Can someone helps me find an indicator?

Hello Guys,

Can someone point me to a location where I can download an indicator like this one I am attaching to this thread. This indicator gives you trend on the timeframe that you want, but I need an indicator exactly like it, but this one must give me Candle color on the specified timeframe.

If you have such indicator, or can point me to a link where can I donwload it, I will appreciate it.

Thanks,

Descaboy

Ok, Well if you are making such great and consistent profits from your indicators then post up your account statement.

Why, sho nuff pahdner --- never thought you'd ask !

multiple screen shots make multiple dowloads --- sorry, but only way i can do it

enjoy and trade well

mp

seantrade:
Ok, Well if you are making such great and consistent profits from your indicators then post up your account statement.

MP -- second upload

sorry, but only 5 were allowed so heres the rest

Youse count the pips since one makes 10 bux a pip, that aint hard

MP -- and for the MT4 uswea

this is the one that, part time only, went from $500 to $10K in one year.

full time would have been better but i simply traded whenever i remembered it was there.

of course, there was the famous "beer fund" that took two trades every few hours and went from 500 to 8600 in a few months ---- after that, i had enough beer to last a lifetime. Perhaps this year we start the "potato chip" fund.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Files:
1.23.jpg  213 kb

MP -- the biggest urban legend in the trading world

using that quote is a simple play on words for amusement. candles are price and so are indicators simply because they are nothing more than two different methods of illustrating what is happening in front of you at the moment

to speak of the "look back" features of indicators is to miss the point entirely as 200 bars back simply shows you 200 bars back and has minor significance to the present movement, but perhaps I CAN MORE EASILY PROVE WHAT I SAY by showing you a statement and a chart and having you observe my trades either going up or going down --- the indicators tell me EXACTLY where the TP point is on any specific move, but in addition, using the s + r, Ive already set 5 trades far ahead of the point that price hits the TP.

my methodology will show that i take the prevailing TP points ahead of time, one point after another and so "walk" up the ladder hitting EVERY RUNG on a rising price, and "walk" down the ladder, hitting EVERY RUNG, as the price goes down. But this is only ONE part of what i do, as every night after midnite est, I set longer term trades, which include both the upside and downside moves i anticipate during the european session, and then go to sleep, waking most days with 100 pip moves that of course are multiplied by multiple trades that led to that price (like rungs on a ladder) so scalping is far from what this boy does.

The argument about yes or no with indicators has raged forever and to be honest Im rather sick of it ---- my own charts may appear to be very complex to someone who likes to trade naked, but the equity growth in the account is the proof of the pudding !

I would go so far as to challenge a naked trader to a few days of trading and lets just see who comes out ahead !

to my way of thinking, the problem with indicators is that most simply dont actually know how to use them --- accepted teachings deal with crosses and signal lines and what happens if it breaks 80 to the downside and miss completely that the indicator DIRECTION and motion is what becomes so helpful and while, as stated above, one could use both the RSI and CCI as TP points rather easily, there lies SO MUCH more to the equation that is not seen until years have gone by, and that only assumes one would CARE to understand !

I dont make the profits I do by being stupid, and naked trading simply cannot provide me the information I need to achieve my own particular goals and can actually be likened to trying to fly a 747 by the "seat of your pants" WITHOUT INSTRUMENTS (which are simply INDICATORS !)

If you would be honest with yourself and those you advise, you would realize and mention that price action is an act of FOLLOWING the price, while indicators, as used by myself and students, is an act of PREDICTING price movement ---- essentially, and I know you wont like this, YOU are following us and not US following you !

As i stated, this battle has raged forever but the reality is that THERE IS NO BATTLE --- each way fits "someones" personality and pleasures and I for one, will never put one down over the other --- i simply use what i have found over years of trading to put the most money into the pocket. If throwing chicken bones against my sainted grandmothers ma jong board would make me a better trader, i would trade that way and we would have yet another "method" of price movement and usage and further information to disagree about.

I like my women naked, unadorned by tatoos, piercings and things that may go "bump in the night" but trading and making love are two different things, so I shall get naked for love, but use my cockpit full of instrument panels when i fly the jumbo.

enjoy and trade well

mp

seantrade:

So,

Basically what you are saying is that "price is derived from price", that doesn't make any sense.

Indicators ARE derived from price, and many indicators use the last XX amount of price data to form their illustrations. Therefore, indicators use past price data, sometimes up to 100 or more bars in the past. While price action setups are usually only including the last 1-3 bars; the most relevant ones. Why do you think exponential moving averages are weighted more heavily towards the most recent bars? Because the most recent price action is the most influential and predictive.

I really don't get why you keep saying that "candles" are derived from price, candles ARE price, they literally display the price of a given security for the specified period of time being represented, in its most raw and useful form, not in some squiggly line between two over-bought and over-sold lines.

I agree with you that support and resistance is crucial. Price action trading encompasses support and resistance; everything price related, meaning price and levels, this is price action trading.

Some indicators are fine; like moving averages to illustrate dynamic support and resistance. But when you get into adding numerous indicators over top of your PRICE charts, you are really just hiding the "core" data of the market beneath some hazy interpretation of price that you have to learn a whole new set of skills to decipher. It is simply unnecessary to trade like this, if you are an experienced trader like you claim to be, you would surely understand this and not make such uninformed points.

MP -- no comments ?

for today, presently up to 3100 pips and it aint even noon

enjoy and trade indicators WELL !

mp

and to the newbs who swallow the silliness handed out by the "guru's", understand that there is NO ONE WAY of trading well --- the actuality is that to do so requires the experience to utilize a melange of all available inputs to stay ahead of the banks, tier 2's and the brokers, BUT it is something that can be learned and once learned, becomes a simply marvelous game

And to the ones who would teach that ONLY this is the right ONLY THIS, then you had better get a whole lot more experience into trading and your lives cause you are SO absolutely wrong that you show your "newness" and true lack of experience by simply making that statement --- trading uses EVERYTHING there is, and then the final indicator is your "gut" and to spread the information that there is only one way, as religions spread that THEIRS is the only true way, simply shows how inexperienced, biased foolish you really are !

Which broker are u using?

hello bongo --- the broker is of no importance whatsoever and is rather silly to ask as short of outright stealing your money, most are as crooked as the next.

you see, its NOT what broker you use, which indicators you use or do you part your hair on the left or right ---- its LEARNING HOW TO TRADE CORRECTLY and then practicing the craft constantly, improving each and every day until its a complete part of you.

my only reason for being here is to dispel the nonesence that naked traders put forth --- that THEY and only they have the ANSWER, which is pure HOGWASH !

I simply wish to point out that ANYONE who believes they have the ONLY answer is lacking experience, awfully young and rather stupid !

and this is the only way i can prove it !

so now I have accomplished what i came for and sincerely doubt there are many on this site that can dispute my thoughts, so I bid yee a fond adieu, a good year, and LEARN to trade not just trust some ex newb who really hasnt had the time to really learn what its all about !

enjoy and trade well

OH, BTW --- presently working with 175 closed trades and a profit of $38000.00 so far, and its only noon

mp

Bongo:
Which broker are u using?
Reason: