Chaa-Ching - page 3

The problem with adding a trend filter, is that you are sortof undercutting the strength of the system, which is to build up large positions at extremes of a trend or directional move, in anticipation of a countertrend or reversal move. I'm starting to think it might be best just to tweak and optimize the current settings as much as possible for any given pair and broker you are using.

Hi joforex, tried changing "Ask" as you said but now getting Ordersend error 138....Thanks for letting me know tho...will download new data and see what happens...All the best.

1Dave7:
I set your numbers in the EA and Indicator and ran the EA on EURUSD forward testing tonight. Went up 50 pips real fast and then got hammered into the minus range!!!! HUMM, so much for believing backtesting results! Backtesting one month only resulted in 24% modeling quality. Unless it is more like 90%, have series doubts that it will run forward right.

Yes you are right the modelling don't look good but my real time results are. Kind of need some better EA programming with the indicators given more of an directional filtering. I will try the 4 hour or 1 hour to make it more less dramatic on the trades it takes. Will see what happens. Maybe you can make some programming for that.

fxwealth:
Hi joforex, tried changing "Ask" as you said but now getting Ordersend error 138....Thanks for letting me know tho...will download new data and see what happens...All the best.

This is a requote error should not effect the backtest.

Aldente:
The problem with adding a trend filter, is that you are sortof undercutting the strength of the system, which is to build up large positions at extremes of a trend or directional move, in anticipation of a countertrend or reversal move. I'm starting to think it might be best just to tweak and optimize the current settings as much as possible for any given pair and broker you are using.

Yes I do see that in my account. I believe an automatic optimization lets say every 24 hours around midnight hours would be something to think of. And the back test should not be more than always 3 - 5 sessions.

joforex:
I do not use stop losses bcs it has the problem that it is martingdale scale in. So you get wiped out. It needs a trend filter that is on a higher time frame like 1 hour or 4 hour.

How do you limit the total number of lots that the EA may put in your account at any one time?

Thanks

finally:
How do you limit the total number of lots that the EA may put in your account at any one time? Thanks

It does not have a maximum or single lot command in the EA. The only limitation is the size and equity percentage each single adjusted EA is commanded. So if you run a back test and see that the draw-down is example 20% than you need to adjust the lot size accordingly not to run into a margin deficiency and they will close you out.

I do well right now with a 20% + draw down, markets tend to come back to the system close out levels and the average profit is mostly profitable sum. The thing I don't like though is the large scaled in position over a wide range it is scary. But you have to trust the system and let do its work. I do however watch it and if the situation plays out to be wider than I can digest I put manually a bottom line of stops or close everything out manually.

joforex:
Yes you are right that is why I believe it needs a trend indicator as filter before it validates the cycle to positioning itself. Can you ad?

Try using Momentum (89) as a trend filter:

If momentum is under 100 at the time of a short signal, have the EA open shorts, if the momentum is over 100 at the time of a long signal have the EA open longs.

finally:
Try using Momentum (89) as a trend filter: If momentum is under 100 at the time of a short signal, have the EA open shorts, if the momentum is over 100 at the time of a long signal have the EA open longs.

Looks an the chart very feasible but over 100 you sell and under you buy.

joforex:
Looks an the chart very feasible but over 100 you sell and under you buy.

I can't tell by looking at the chart how your signals are generated, so, I can't tell how to best use the Momentum to filter out false signals.

If you say that sell over 100/buy under 100 looks good- let's give it a whirl.

You can also experiment with Momentum (55).

I am looking at a chart with the CycleIdentifyer set a 1/15/8.

What constitutes a signal?

Is it simply Sell=Red and Buy=Green?

I notice that some signals disappear from the chart.

I

Reason: