Chaa-Ching - page 7

mcf.beyer:
Now it is getting clear how it's supposed to be. Nice trade!

Which are your CycleIdentifier settings for GBPUSD joforex?

1,15,8 gives me a lot more signals.

Also VMTrend is different from the 5,10 original setting?

Trying to get the setup correct I am missing another indicator with the Buy/Sell Zone.

Thanks for any advice.

Use fibo numbers for the VM high like 144 and up

Testing 5 min, 15 min

So far testing with 5 min and 15 in have been promising. The trades are not such large scale of risk. However it trades with he same settings as a test the same like in the 1 min. It does not seem to take many trades.

Files:

joforex:
So far testing with 5 min and 15 in have been promising. The trades are not such large scale of risk. However it trades with he same settings as a test the same like in the 1 min. It does not seem to take many trades.

What pairs have you tested on the 5 min. and 15 min.?

What is the MOST number of open trades that you have seen the EA put into the account on the 5 min. and the 15 min.?

Perhaps a 5 min. or a 15 min. timeframe is better than the 1 min. timeframe because FEWER open positions are being put into the account and, therefore, there is a much less chance at a very big draw down.

Maybe a better way to protect your capital if it gives you significantly fewer open trades using these timeframes.

finally:
What pairs have you tested on the 5 min. and 15 min.?

What is the MOST number of open trades that you have seen the EA put into the account on the 5 min. and the 15 min.?

Perhaps a 5 min. or a 15 min. timeframe is better than the 1 min. timeframe because FEWER open positions are being put into the account and, therefore, there is a much less chance at a very big draw down.

Maybe a better way to protect your capital if it gives you significantly fewer open trades using these timeframes.

Test on USDJPY, EURUSD and GBPUSD 5 minute. You are right it looks that this is more of a approach without the DD to scary levels. Look at the attachment on my other post there you see the JPY test. It trades not that often but looks nice return in the long run.

joforex:
Test on USDJPY, EURUSD and GBPUSD 5 minute. You are right it looks that this is more of a approach without the DD to scary levels. Look at the attachment on my other post there you see the JPY test. It trades not that often but looks nice return in the long run.

JoForex,

Is there any way to write into the EA an OPTION to limit the total number of open positions it puts into the account?

This way you can avoid the big drawdowns that might blow out the account.

finally:
JoForex,

Is there any way to write into the EA an OPTION to limit the total number of open positions it puts into the account?

This way you can avoid the big drawdowns that might blow out the account.

Yeah you can. I can't not a programmer. You can use stops though that may have the same effect than using one lot and ride it down to a stop level. If you MM with small lots maybe it would than not really blow all. I don't know testing 5 and 15 looks good but not perfect. Trades less but also scales into the trade with more lots than someone maybe be comfortable with. To find the perfet point of entry is just really hard. All indicators are lagging or change because of the natural behaving and writing the past!

You could try to calculate a 3 day range average and use this as indicator maybe that produces better entry points.

joforex:
Yeah you can. I can't not a programmer. You can use stops though that may have the same effect than using one lot and ride it down to a stop level. If you MM with small lots maybe it would than not really blow all. I don't know testing 5 and 15 looks good but not perfect. Trades less but also scales into the trade with more lots than someone maybe be comfortable with. To find the perfet point of entry is just really hard. All indicators are lagging or change because of the natural behaving and writing the past! You could try to calculate a 3 day range average and use this as indicator maybe that produces better entry points.

I'm trading eur/usd and gbp/jpy on 1 minute with 30 pip stops.

This way I feel more comfortable about avoiding big drawdowns.

I'd rather make smaller returns without taking huge risks.

I'll watch the 5 and 15 minute charts but it doesn't seem like you get trades as often as the 1 minute.

I'll keep you posted with the results.

is it statistically proven -- i.e. success % -- what is the daily movement required , say in the last 15 days, all the daily range of each day

finally:
I'm trading eur/usd and gbp/jpy on 1 minute with 30 pip stops.

This way I feel more comfortable about avoiding big drawdowns.

I'd rather make smaller returns without taking huge risks.

I'll watch the 5 and 15 minute charts but it doesn't seem like you get trades as often as the 1 minute.

I'll keep you posted with the results.

Understand. The problem we face is that a trending market is like poison to this system. Like the USDJPY trend down now is scaling the system in over 200 pips now. It looks no good now but with 0.01 increments of risk it is not such a big DD yet. I just like to see a more choppy market for it. Don't know yet but I can see that with tweaking it enough it could work. Like the GBPUSD in 15 minute believe could be o.k

joforex:
Understand. The problem we face is that a trending market is like poison to this system. Like the USDJPY trend down now is scaling the system in over 200 pips now. It looks no good now but with 0.01 increments of risk it is not such a big DD yet. I just like to see a more choppy market for it. Don't know yet but I can see that with tweaking it enough it could work. Like the GBPUSD in 15 minute believe could be o.k

Maybe the best time to trade this system is between 12 Noon (EST) and Midnight (EST).

The market is usually range bound during this time and the odds of getting caught in a big trend is small.

Reason: