Chaa-Ching - page 9

oke -- I can estimate MOMENTUM by length of candle and market micro-volatility within 30M bar

We need to add a range calculator to determine with a simple 1,2,3 method the cycle confirmation. The indicator works great in ranging markets. So we need to help with lets say a 5 day range plus/minus pips. If the range is broken our signal from the cycle will be voided because it is trending. So now we let the system wait and actually the last range is now our new range beginning. Lets say it breaks a 55 pip range and trends 100 pips for its first replacement, the range calculator takes this first 100 pips on term. Now we wait for confirmation if trend is broken. The trend is broken if it retraces and breaks the new range. No cycle end yet. So now we wait till the 1,2,3 formation confirms our prognosis of the trend entering into a possible range. Now we have a calculation of our new range that can expand, plus we have a stop in place below the old range end.

Anybody able to write that in MQL?

I play with the settings to increase the cycle price action in EURJPY 15 minute 55,3,4 lot base 0.1,0.2.01 and let it ride. Back testing looks good. Emergency stop 225 and exit signal true.

xx3xxx:
oke -- I can estimate MOMENTUM by length of candle and market micro-volatility within 30M bar

We need to add a range calculator to determine with a simple 1,2,3 method the cycle confirmation. The indicator works great in ranging markets. So we need to help with lets say a 5 day range plus/minus pips. If the range is broken our signal from the cycle will be voided because it is trending. So now we let the system wait and actually the last range is now our new range beginning. Lets say it breaks a 55 pip range and trends 100 pips for its first replacement, the range calculator takes this first 100 pips on term. Now we wait for confirmation if trend is broken. The trend is broken if it retraces and breaks the new range. No cycle end yet. So now we wait till the 1,2,3 formation confirms our prognosis of the trend entering into a possible range. Now we have a calculation of our new range that can expand, plus we have a stop in place below the old range end.

Anybody able to write that in MQL?

I play with the settings to increase the cycle price action in EURJPY 15 minute 55,3,4 lot base 0.1,0.2.01 and let it ride. Back testing looks good. Emergency stop 225 and exit signal true.

I put an ADX (14) on the chart. I got an entry signal when the ADX was at 20.

The trade was good.

I am going to watch this ADX from now on and I think if the ADX is below 25 at the time of the signal that it is a good trade because an ADX below 25 indicates a ranging market.

I'll keep you posted.

joforex:

I put an ADX (14) on the chart. I got an entry signal when the ADX was at 20.

The trade was good.

I am going to watch this ADX from now on and I think if the ADX is below 25 at the time of the signal that it is a good trade because an ADX below 25 indicates a ranging market.

I'll keep you posted.

Sounds a good idea. I think that for the directional move I need to add two ma that confirm the trend for the cycle to pick better tops and bottoms. So as long the ma is not in the trend direction than the cycle thinks it is no signal.

in simple words

we don't use Resistant / support and where does the regional cluster candle to decide what is the break out price level

- but then we return to the question and answer are just inter-related to each other

we want to ultimately know, how many participants will bet on it

whether it is ranging or trendy

i.e. momentum produce trendy break out scenario

the ADX(20) and other method, we simply counting how many CANDLES (30M) would break the cluster candle R/S zone

i.e. we can't really measure inertia and momentum until we see the TREND sustain

in simple words, we could either count candles that breakout

or we set the entry level 1.5x or 2x the region of small ranging candles and don't be greedy on the ranging candles unless we got an OCO well positioned -- actually, we also tend to go into the market when not all green light of the SIGNAL that we discovered is ALL LIGHT UP - then we just BET that we could be correct and PANIC when we are holding loss

xx3xxx:
in simple words

we don't use Resistant / support and where does the regional cluster candle to decide what is the break out price level

- but then we return to the question and answer are just inter-related to each other

we want to ultimately know, how many participants will bet on it

whether it is ranging or trendy

i.e. momentum produce trendy break out scenario

the ADX(20) and other method, we simply counting how many CANDLES (30M) would break the cluster candle R/S zone

i.e. we can't really measure inertia and momentum until we see the TREND sustain

in simple words, we could either count candles that breakout

or we set the entry level 1.5x or 2x the region of small ranging candles and don't be greedy on the ranging candles unless we got an OCO well positioned -- actually, we also tend to go into the market when not all green light of the SIGNAL that we discovered is ALL LIGHT UP - then we just BET that we could be correct and PANIC when we are holding loss

That is right on the money. It is perhaps even more productive if we just optimize the cycle over the two ma crossings. And have kind of an emergency stop in place!

In a back test with EURUSD 1 minute for 6 weeks the setting 20,58,1 plus a choice of the one MA set to 27, and the mm set 0.01, max 0.5 plus 2 percent equity makes some good looking results for 6 weeks test.

It is for any system difficult to quickly adjust to market circumstances because that is the unknown.

Hey Joforex,

I'm planning on doing some forward testing this week. How do you pause the EA, as in during news events, and then resume it where it left off without having to restart it? Do you just disable the expert advisors button or do you go into the EA properties and disable live trading?

there are 3 distinguished component for each ENTRY -- moment, price level and the expiration time if candles are cluster in a bundle

this green and deep-red DOT is pretty accurate

but from time to time, as in the light blue rectangle , for the same price level, there is opposite DOTS (opposite direction)

any good strategy to be safe in this situation ?

--- 2 dots in 30M is more common

only very ranging market will produces 3 dots -- rare

i.e. we just have to think of a cool strategy to NEUTRALISE the first green dot -- if it does go wrong, zero gain , zero loss, then this method will be good

any idea ?

Aldente:
Hey Joforex, I'm planning on doing some forward testing this week. How do you pause the EA, as in during news events, and then resume it where it left off without having to restart it? Do you just disable the expert advisors button or do you go into the EA properties and disable live trading?

It does not have yet a pause for news and stuff. As you say turn it off on the inside of the EA for now. Do some testing wonder if we can stabilize. Here is the cyclops with the momentum.

Files:

xx3xxx:
there are 3 distinguished component for each ENTRY -- moment, price level and the expiration time if candles are cluster in a bundle

this green and deep-red DOT is pretty accurate

but from time to time, as in the light blue rectangle , for the same price level, there is opposite DOTS (opposite direction)

any good strategy to be safe in this situation ?

--- 2 dots in 30M is more common

only very ranging market will produces 3 dots -- rare

i.e. we just have to think of a cool strategy to NEUTRALISE the first green dot -- if it does go wrong, zero gain , zero loss, then this method will be good

any idea ?

I believe the 30 minute is for momentum to long of a timeframe. Make a 5 minute same set up copy it on the thread like to see what it shows.

We need to concentrate on a cluster of prices within a range and time to identify the momentum move.

So when it moves like it did in the gbpusd since Friday it hovered in a range and broke from that with the price momentum. So to speak if we can find a composition that holds price versus time and look back for duplicate strings of such event than we can create a momentum that is like based on a scale from 1 - 5, has a price to reach range probability and a timer for how long it can go on.

Renko Chart with Cyclops

Guys,

I do beleive that the Renko Chart can be the momentum driven chart thatwe need ot run the Cyclops successful.

Reason: