Chaa-Ching - page 5

joforex:
Well you could add a maximum lot size, but that would affect the results. The EA scales into a trade with MM starting at the least amount you provide in the settings. And in term of the time the trade is in the momentum shifts for a change in trend with the cycle.

The momentum works fine it has an average of like up to 30 trades so if you keep it in your margin than with the expected drawdown you will be safe!

From last night til this morning it made about 10%. You can check the charts.

I set a breakeven stop as well as a trailing stop; however, the EA only applied the breakeven stop and the trailing stop to only one of the open positions in the account.

Do you have any idea why it only applied these stops to just one of my open positions and not to all of them?

Thanks

finally:
I set a breakeven stop as well as a trailing stop; however, the EA only applied the breakeven stop and the trailing stop to only one of the open positions in the account.

Do you have any idea why it only applied these stops to just one of my open positions and not to all of them?

Thanks

No but if you set these safety measurements I don't think it will work. Sometime the raw data supplied by the broker sucks. Look at the journal if there is anything to give you a clue why it did not take the settings.

test with momentum GBPUSD

This is a backtest result with the new setting son the GBPUSD.

Files:

joforex:
No but if you set these safety measurements I don't think it will work. Sometime the raw data supplied by the broker sucks. Look at the journal if there is anything to give you a clue why it did not take the settings.

Are you using TP of 55?

How does the EA get you out of a position if TP is not reached?

Thanks

finally:
Are you using TP of 55?

How does the EA get you out of a position if TP is not reached?

Thanks

Very simple by change of the cycle works like if the position it is in goes your way than it will reach sooner or later a point where the indicators kick in a change of direction. Or you go ahead and close manually or positions. You can manage this automatic and manually.

joforex:
Very simple by change of the cycle works like if the position it is in goes your way than it will reach sooner or later a point where the indicators kick in a change of direction. Or you go ahead and close manually or positions. You can manage this automatic and manually.

Let me see if I understand you correctly:

You are saying that if you are in a position and set a TP at 55 and price goes your way but does not reach TP, that before you give back your whole profit indicators will kick in to take you out of trade with some profit?

If you are in a losing trade the indicators eventually take you out as well?

I am going to look through all of my indicators and see which ones work best as a potential trend filter for this system. I'll keep you posted.

Michael

EA Gone?

joforex:

Hi joforex,

I read the thread yesterday and subscribed and today I went to download the ea but it seems to have gone. Was there one there yesterday? Or am I going crazy!

Leverage

I am happy with this EA but my broker interbankfx is allowing 100:1 leverage at most. At demo, they are offering 200:1 or 400:1 or higher. Is there a way to work with 100:1?

Changing broker is a rather tough option, I may have to open a new account, formalities and then fund withdrawal and send it back again.

IBFX has been sending emails regularly that they would be opening offices in London or Sydney, not sure if it's a bluff. FXDD did not take much time for their Malta office. I am really now getting bored of IBFX. It sucks...

- Sukhen

joforex:

Jo, I'm using a 25 SL with eur/usd.

So far it's been okay.

Think this stop with eur/usd is a good idea?

waltini:
Hi joforex, I read the thread yesterday and subscribed and today I went to download the ea but it seems to have gone. Was there one there yesterday? Or am I going crazy!

No you are not crazy I took it off for changes it will be on soon.

Reason: