Does a safe Martingale exist ? - page 3

crossy:
Showbaba, these 2% you made - how long the EA was run?

pebblesworth System | Myfxbook

this is a Mr, Martin follow it for as long as u want , till i close the account, note the withdrawals its not demo

another one

Pebblesworth System | Myfxbook

showbaba:
pebblesworth System | Myfxbook

this is a Mr, Martin follow it for as long as u want , till i close the account, note the withdrawals its not demo

another one

Pebblesworth System | Myfxbook

Mr. Showbaba, very good results.

I can't see the detailed results as they are marked as "PRIVATE". Can you attach the html file of the results, or maybe share the MQ4 files. I will be very thankful to you.

yours.

soft martingale...

tomhliles:
the martingale i use matches your last column the best

long ago i use to dbl up

then i did like this 1.2.3.4.5.6

i found that alot safer, but eventually my target could get far away

now my martingale uses the target

my target is 100 pips

lets say the sl is 25

first trade is 1, now my target is 125, so the 2nd trade is around 1.25

after 3-4 losses its dbl, to 2, then ofcourse as you lose it starts increasing faster

still dangerouse, but you can last alot longer, keeping the target within reach

Say...you forgot to mention the lot sizes and the step sizes for your trades and what robot knows how to do this? so it is only one open trade at a time right? i will try this but i think this would work better using an indicator to go with the trend. use with NFA usa broker needs to hedge

only by an opposing pair like eur/usd and eur/chf. also, how does the trading go? buys or sells or both and how does the robot choose?

thanks man....:)

So, I sticked this thread.

iGoR, this your thread is more good to use for this purpose (to start some slowly discussion about safe Martingale in general and about some EAs in particular).

Some related talking may be going on here too https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178881

By the way - those 2 questions such as

Does a safe Martingale exist ?

What are the best martingale's expert advisor??

should come together

Because it is the rule of our forum: it should be at least one thread in every section where the members can complain.

---------

Blessing.

I used some very old versions long time ago and I really like this EA.

But it is martingale anyway.

Just some important talking about it (in case - the authors of this EA did not tell you that so we can read here for example ):

- started from this page:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (post #2299) and finishing with this page:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Beause in every system or EA - we (traders) should ask 2 questions to the authors:

- 1st question: what is good with your system;

- second question: what is bad (cases) here? Where can I lose my money with your system, when and why?

In case of martingale - the second question is the main one.

Just for information.

Progressive increment betting

Hi iGor,

Long time no see. To be honest with you. I have never like you because you always deceived martingale is 1 of the profitable way to trade(in other word, it also blow up account if it wasn't utilize properly). So, I'm going to take this opportunity to give you my apology and hope to work with you.

Here is some of my idea while in the pursuit of get rich quick. Have some EA with it, but not quite sure where I put them. If you think any of these are good idea, feel free to start working on it. Or I'll post them when I find them in my old hard drive.

1) Pure martingale that works brilliantly - When we're talking about pure martingale, I'm not talking about 10point3 alike hybrid system. It's when you take 1 position, you failed, you take another position with double lot size. In this case, if you have a high accuracy indicator/trading system, you don't have to worry about account blow up. All you do is stick to a maximum fold and restart your martingale series. For example, if you only allow 0.32lot maximum lot size, after this, regardless profit/loss, you'll restart with 0.01. You probably will not have to worry too much. If your stop loss is 10pips, you certainly understand in the end you'll only loss $6.30. So, what's the big deal? You restart, and make sure your account will continue profit and cover the previously loss $6.30 and start to make money.

2) Hybrid martingale that works brilliantly - Here is what I've abandoned - 10point3 alike hybrid martingale system with cost averaging. I still believe there is some valuable fact that we can take into consideration. Many times, I've tried to improve this system, in the end what I earned doesn't cover what I loss. The problem is, we averaged the winnings, but doesn't when it loss. When it comes to overall profit, we quickly chopped it off. When it loss, we doesn't limit the losses and let it run forever and ever. That is not what originally Alejandro(author of 10point3) wanted to do. The original idea is to avoid huntings stops. 10point3 meaning to have 3 positions protected when we ready to have 10 folds of positions running(without double lot size). For example: We have a possible uptrend, but the position we bought doesn't pay out, we continue buying while price heading south. Until 7th positions, we're heavily long at total lot size of 0.07. At this time, cost averaging comes in play. Whenever overall account profit is reached, all positions will be close to protect the last 3 positions from being opened. To check back how this evolved into a disaster, you can look for Multilot_scalper EA. The original EA works better/safer than any other version of 10point3 available in the market, commercial or non commercial. Don't believe me? Find it and put it on backtest. It doesn't always blowup account like other 10point3 base EA. You'll see the equity curve slowly go up, and slowly come down if the series of trades does not work out.

3) D'Alembert betting system - This is more like a traditional martingale betting system. It progress slowly, and if you have a series of loss streak, it will still kill you. But if you have a powerful trading system/indicator, and you are sure your winning streak is more than 6 times, you will have no worry with this system. It goes like this:

0.01 Loss

0.02 Loss

0.03 Loss

0.04 Win

0.03 Win

0.02 Loss

0.03 Loss

0.04 Loss

0.05 Loss

0.06 Win

0.05 Loss

0.06 Win

0.05 Win

0.04 Win

0.03 Win

0.02 Win

0.01 Win

0.01 Win

Make your maximum lot size and stay away from market if lot size grow too big. You to decide whether continue to trade or not. Not the EA. EA is too dumb to avoid 1000pips run.

4) Unequal risk/reward martingale betting system - Which is what iGor put up in spreadsheet. Your losing pip size may not be similar with your winning pip size. I have came to a conclusion to simplified this few years back. If you have a higher take profit compare to stop loss, you certainly know your winning percentage will cut down. Chances of hitting the maximum lot size will be greater. Vice versa, if you have a bigger stop loss compare to your take profit, chances of hitting stop loss is relatively low, but when it hit your stop loss, you'll need a few more winning trades to cover your future profits. To overcome the short fall of either less accuracy(big take profit) or high loss(big stop loss), the only way to overcome is to increase your multiplier. If your stop loss is 2x of your take profit, your multiplier must be more than 2. If your accuracy is 30% because your take profit is 2x larger than your stop loss, you need bigger starting lot size and smaller multiplier like progress in 1.3 or 1.5 instead of 2x to protect your capital.

5) Progressive increment for martingale betting system - Now, this is interesting if you read me. I suggest we have a 1:1 risk reward ratio in any martingale BETTING system(sorry, I don't call this trading). I only need 50.1% accuracy to win the game. For example, I have 20pips take profit and stop loss. If I win, I get 20pips out of 0.01 micro. That will be 20cents. Just nice to get a candy. If I loss, I loss 20pips out of 0.01 micro, I just loss my candy I bought earlier. Now, here is the juicy part. Once I loss my position, I increase my take profit progressively. 2pips at a time. This way, we're not reducing the accuracy drastically, we does not lose too much of our capital. We always get a little bit extra out of the market when we win a betting series. Refer to spreadsheet if you're interested to know.

Best regards,

David

Files:

newdigital:

Some related talking may be going on here too https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178881

By the way - those 2 questions such as

Does a safe Martingale exist ?

What are the best martingale's expert advisor??

should come together

newdigital:
Because it is the rule of our forum: it should be at least one thread in every section where the members can complain.

---------

Blessing.

I used some very old versions long time ago and I really like this EA.

But it is martingale anyway.

Just some important talking about it (in case - the authors of this EA did not tell you that so we can read here for example ):

- started from this page:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (post #2299) and finishing with this page:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Beause in every system or EA - we (traders) should ask 2 questions to the authors:

- second question: what is bad (cases) here? Where can I lose my money with your system, when and why?

Hi davidke20,

Yes, there are some good martingale EAs and systems.

My posts are not related to iGoR at all.

My posts are related to Blessing now.

And it may be related to any EAs/system which will be posted/promoted inside this section in some way for esxample:

Martingale/Average Cost and Hedging - Forex-TSD

By the way,

- your 10points 3.mq4 thread is having 590,716 views (1st place if we are talking about who made this section for example - did you read this thread about Opinion Leaders on 3rd page?);

- PipMaker is on the second place with 450,041 views,

- Blessing2 by FiFtHeLeMeNt is having 328,203 views,

- 'Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator' thread is having 314,001 views (as I understand - it is about old Blessing, or how everything was started here):

- Blessing 3 by Iron is having 260,938 views and developing quickly for now.

It is some observation.

Files:

I am not promoting ... may be - opposite.

Because:

I mean: the words about "how system is bad and why" should be posted on the same intensivity as the words about "how system is good". Because it is martingale.

That is why we should keep 1 sticky thread per all the systems posted inside this section:

newdigital:
Hi davidke20,

- your 10points 3.mq4 thread is having 590,716 views (1st place if we are talking about who made this section for example - did you read this thread about Opinion Leaders on 3rd page?);

ND,

Not quite getting what you mean. If you're talking about I'm trying to do PR here, let me explain to you. I have no intention in doing any marketing or rubbish besides of wanting to help the community. May be I looked a bit like a moron initially, because I'm a fu(king egomaniac. I was demanding people to beg me to let them test my EA, but than as I grow up, I evolved and even posted my codes. I have never sell anything, never promote anything.

Now, if you're trying to say iGor is trying to do PR by starting this thread, I'd like to hear the fact that he's getting what sort of benefit by doing this. I'm sorry because I'm a little slow in business mind.

However, by looking the way PUBLIC FOREX FORUM DYING TREND, it's a need for people like yourself(newdigital) to sit down atleast few hours a day to manage post and to carry out proper moderation task. Time to time, these moderator/admin will have to act as a motivator as well. It is because, if an interesting topic started, and nobody pushing it, after few months it will slowly die off. The person who started the thread would have been gone too. So, I guess this is also another way to explain why PR is important in trading.

Sorry for hijacking thread. Please put this in proper thread if you think it's necessary.

Cheers,

David

p/s: 10point3 thread does not belong to me. Grandpa John Riley started it way before I join TSD I'm just trying to help

Hi davidke20,

You did not understand me.

I have nothing "between the lines".

I only wanted to say that you are one of the persons who made this section:

This section can not be so popular without your participation and it is what I wanted to say.

I understand about motivation but what can I do?

When I see that one of the main supporter for the section is almost gone and the other people came to benefit (from what he did) so what can I do? I am posting ... posting ... about PR ... about everything ...

If you're talking about I'm trying to do PR here ...

Exactly opposite meaning I am talking that you are not trying to do PR here in your section and it is not good. It is your section too.

I am just trying to keep good people inside the forum and it is what the meaning of all my posts here in this section and about PR too.

Reason: