Does a safe Martingale exist ? - page 8

I'm back. Sorry I've been long gone. I was assigned to do some other rubbish by my employer! Yes! I'm still a fu*king employee after I lose my ass off since 2006. Thanks to Martingale.

Anyways, without further crapping, I'm going to put up a small EA base on what iGor suggested with a plain indicator running behind. You guys will have to add in the indicator to improve the accuracy. Lot size should be following iGor's spreadsheet.

Regards,

David

Here is safest martingale 10 month forward test conservative draw down

Files:
results12.pdf  372 kb

Geobull:
Here is safest martingale 10 month forward test conservative draw down

Looks nice what EA is that?

smeden:
Looks nice what EA is that?

This is not baeuty contest...

Martigale not can blow out no more

Hello Guys, am a novice coder, i have studied martingale systems for a while now and I know u can agree with me that it does not like trends, it trades better in a ranging market.

here is what i suggest.

Using EMA 200. we can make it send BUY ONLY when the price is above the EMA and SELL ONLY when price in below the EMA.

this is very promising as it will never trade against a trend.

i tried to code it but i am Having Problem as it triggers just sell, can any make it to Triger both buy and sell depending on the position of the current price in relation to EMA

blessing_martigale_v5__enter_with_ema_.zip

...If I may ask...

after reading this very intensive and interesting "scientific" discussion...

...iGoR: why nothing more? Was this at the end a closed road for you?

The idea (the complete system) looked attractive. With all your well-known coding capabilities... no EA? nobacktesting? Or are those things reserved just for your private group?

Hope to see a development, even if so much time has passed by.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bye

fsprea

Safe martingale , interesting question

It is interesting question.

In theory, martingale is just extension of simple positioning strategy.

Think your next lot is doubled after your loss trade. This will grow exponentially and blow your account soon when you have many losses in row.

To be safe, you can multiply 1.5 or 1.2 to your original lot size instead of doubling.

However any martingale is very dangerous in forex market because the forex market has some sort of time varying tendency.

For example, when something happen in forex market, the effect usually last some period of time.

In simple term, once your system start to lose, there is good chance for your system to lose successively.

There is theoretical evidence such as Time varying volatility or time varying correlation and so on.

So don't do that unless you are super confident.

Any EAs with a PowerSM style "semi martingale" progression?

Hi Guys,

I was tinkering around with PowerSM and I like how you can input the value of each step so you can adjust it if you want to change your RR. In the code it has this...

extern string LotsProgression="0.1;0.1;0.2;0.3;0.4;0.6;0.8;1.1;1 .5;2.0;2.7;3.6;4.7;6.2;8.0;10.2;13.0;16.5;20.8;26. 3;33.1;41.6;52.2;65.5;82.5;103.9;130.9;165;207.9;2 62;330.1;416;524.7;661.1";

The problem is that PSM runs like a headless chicken (like most Mgale EAs). It just flips between making a long and short. There are other martingale EAs but they usually just double and you can only enter your initial lot size.

My question is...... Does anybody know any EAs where I can input my own series of lot sizes or modify the EA to do so?

I like the idea of a "Semi Martingale" but id rather use an EA that is a little more intelligent and doesnt just blindly trade but still has a customizable lot size progression.

Fully customizable EA is needed

Martingale can work, but does anybody know a good EA for it?

Where we can use different settings on each levels, where we can set distance between levels (pip and/or time)? Set max number of trades/hour/pair?

martingale is not safe but if martingale trade with technical and fundamental way its ok because the win probability percentage will be 70% in trading

Reason: