Martini ...

This EA was created by cmillion (the guy seems to be a good coder)

Here is a description :

The Expert Advisor has lot increasing feature, but it cannot be called as a "pure" Martingale, this EA really comes out flat, that Martin was not given to many.
Files:
martin.gif  23 kb

Are you testing it on a demo account?

I am testing on demo account only so far ...

It si doing what it is supposed to do from what I see (it is taking into account swap and commission too when calculating profit, so it is calculating the profit as it should be calculated)

ncc74656:
Are you testing it on a demo account?

Martin testing

Hi Mladen,

Testing too in that quiet market.

' would be nice to ad a iCustom Trend market possibility to gain the first trade or give an overall direction.

(Refereeing to the MQ4 codeBase approaching so forexenvy EA)

Don't you think so?

Anyway thank 'cs Million for your share.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

What minimum deposit for lot size 0.01 would you recommend?

This EA is trying to "hedge martingale" sort of speaking, so it is trying to minimize the exposure. But it is bringing in limitations also : it will not work on brokers that d not allow hedging.

Also, regardless of the "minimize the exposure" it is a martingale after all, and as for all martingales, the account can not be too small - that is the best advice I can give when it comes to martingaling (again, it is not a classical martingale : it opens, for example, a buy, and the next it will open, if needed, is sell (not buy again as in classical martingale), just an explanation to the ones that still did not test it). First everybody should check if their broker allows hedging at all before using this EA

As an example, here is what it did this morning (I placed the initial sell, the rest was done by the EA) :

ncc74656:
What minimum deposit for lot size 0.01 would you recommend?
Files:

other pairs/timeframes

hey mladen, i see you using it on the eur/usd in the 1m/5m charts is this the only pair and time frames recommended?

It is a semi automated EA and, as it is, it is the same which time frame you are using it at

The only thing you do is place the initial order and the rest is done as described in one of the previous posts by the EA. So it is up to your discretional decision to decide which kind is the first order going to be. That is why I am saying that it is irrelevant which time frame you use it at. I posted that picture to show that there were more than one orders. The decision was not made on that time frame (you can freely change time frames while it works) but on 1 hour time frame. So I advise to try it a good couple of time to get the feel what is it doing and when.

The only "problem" is that you can not really backtest it but only forward test, so it will take time. But as a mean of "mixed-martingale" exit strategy done by the EA instead of you it might be worth testing it to anybody that was considering that kind of exits

Maxwell10:
hey mladen, i see you using it on the eur/usd in the 1m/5m charts is this the only pair and time frames recommended?

1:1

Hey mladen so we hedging martini huh?LOL I like your style and the toys you bring to show and tell,except you don't just tell you let us play with them too! here's what's been happening on my demo account 1:1 leverage 3000 deposit from the looks of it I watch how it performs and I like it so far the logic behind it seems original like the coder may be on to something here anyways I have profit set to 20 and since my crim doesn't allow 0.01 I'm at 0.10,ea hasn't gone past 0.80 ,cheers 390.65 cents since 4/3/12 trading eur/usd 5min,aud/usd 5 min I'll watch patiently one more week to go live

Gross Profit: 2 810.88 Gross Loss: 2 420.23 Total Net Profit: 390.65

Profit Factor: 1.16 Expected Payoff: 5.50

Absolute Drawdown: 194.76 Maximal Drawdown: 671.67 (17.79%) Relative Drawdown: 17.79% (671.67)

Total Trades: 71 Short Positions (won %): 43 (72.09%) Long Positions (won %): 28 (57.14%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 47 (66.20%) Loss trades (% of total): 24 (33.80%)

Largest profit trade: 272.34 loss trade: -290.40

Average profit trade: 59.81 loss trade: -100.84

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 7 (475.30) consecutive losses ($): 3 (-432.54)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 648.46 (5) consecutive loss (count): -432.54 (3)

Average consecutive wins: 3 consecutive losses: 2

P.S I have always had a trade going like as soon as the trade closes in profit I immediately open a new one which explains 71 trades in 7 days!

seems - hedge martingale.

I will try to test it with some manual system: open 1 trade and the rest is the EA's problem.

The only I think that step = 10 pips is too small one ...

I changed it to 12 but ... will see.

I think - this Step is in points (instead of pips), or EA is for 4 digit broker:

Files:
step_1.jpg  37 kb
Reason: