Flexible Time Charts for MT4 - page 2

painless:
2 pip range bar but unlike the "thing" that the person who charges 70 Euros or whatever, this one has gaps like it is supposed to. The significant value is the open by the way. Trust me on that one. This will be coming up in the future if this thread generates any interest.

Here is also one free range bar, you can compare how good this is link

and Now for Some More .....

In a another forum, far, far away there is a post about central banks and big players and market moving quickly. So I made this.

It is an ea and it goes on ANY chart. JUST ONE!! A weekly will do fine.

Set the chart as a line and the colour as none.

ExtremeBar to /experts

and

IO_Utils to /experts/libraries

There are 3 lists you have to set.

Symbol

Time Frame eg 5 seconds

Range in PIPS eg 10

so if the first value list 1 was AUDUSD

& the first value list 2 was 20

& the first value list 3 was 12

Then you are looking for 12 pips over 20 seconds or more to signal

LoadParams will load your last settings from a file

It stores the last breach data to disc and reloads on startup. You can set whetever for whatever symbol.

I have added some upgrades.

This is version 1.3

The version number is diplayed on the screen.

It forces screen update and also displays an arrow indicating direction. I set the GBPUSD to 4 pips over 30 seconds just to generate an extreme bar on the screenshot. You can set those colours too. It also saves and loads the parameters to disc. So if you only want the eur and the gbp then edit the params when you load up and set loadParams to false. The next time you run it it will start with the params that you had before rather than the default.

enjoy

Files:

Anybody home?

Any errors? Any problems? Any comments? 12 Second chart is best for you? Anybody there?

I was so impressed with the potential of this that I have embarked on the creation of a complete charting/trading application. Perhaps it may generate a little in sales for me but to be honest it is what I want to trade with. This is not a trivial undertaking for one programmer. Yet here the silence is deafening. On another forum it is just disappearing into the void.

In between coding I have taken some positions off my 2 second chart. As soon as it has broken I move my stop to one pip. Now if you use your daily chart looking for a 3 day break or something similar then you are looking at a potential of 80 to 200 pips. If your stop is 2 or 3 pips at say 1% of your account risked then the return is 26% to 66%. I would wait 2 weeks for that scenario. I only need to check the daily charts once a day. if you trade off price action then having a finely tuned entry will only catch a few more pips. However assuming you trade with a fixed risk as I do then the potential increase in dollar terms going from a 20 pip stop to a 2 pip stop is 1000%.

This is what I see as soon as I looked at these charts. I have 2 chart patterns that I trade and they work just as well on a 2 second chart as a 15 minute chart. Any kindred spirits out there?

cheers

Pava:
sorry painless...I am at work...read your message..unfortunately...my messages don't work properly last few days...couldn't answer...will give it a shot in the evening...if you need that little program do not hesitate to mention...on pm...

I tried PM again Pava but I guess you are still having problems. Did you get the charting sorted?

didn't get pm...no...I can't make it work for some reason...explain the steps...my email is pava_v at yahoo dot com

one other problem:...I use mtf indicator and place moving average on it to see the trend...even if I get 2 second chart...I won't be able to use that strategy....

painless:
Any errors? Any problems? Any comments? 12 Second chart is best for you? Anybody there?

I was so impressed with the potential of this that I have embarked on the creation of a complete charting/trading application. Perhaps it may generate a little in sales for me but to be honest it is what I want to trade with. This is not a trivial undertaking for one programmer. Yet here the silence is deafening. On another forum it is just disappearing into the void.

In between coding I have taken some positions off my 2 second chart. As soon as it has broken I move my stop to one pip. Now if you use your daily chart looking for a 3 day break or something similar then you are looking at a potential of 80 to 200 pips. If your stop is 2 or 3 pips at say 1% of your account risked then the return is 26% to 66%. I would wait 2 weeks for that scenario. I only need to check the daily charts once a day. if you trade off price action then having a finely tuned entry will only catch a few more pips. However assuming you trade with a fixed risk as I do then the potential increase in dollar terms going from a 20 pip stop to a 2 pip stop is 1000%.

This is what I see as soon as I looked at these charts. I have 2 chart patterns that I trade and they work just as well on a 2 second chart as a 15 minute chart. Any kindred spirits out there?

cheers

I'm interested in your strategy, but don't understand both of them. Could you explain more gently?

Hi All and now .....

A tick chart showing bid and ask. I still have the appearance of history errors on these tick and small range values. The tick chart will continue running regardless. However a small range on other chart types can trip multiple bars within the same second. Since I only allowed time charts on this version of FlexiCharts it is not important. I have seen over 2000 history errors showing as a result of running the tick chart. I think it is safe to assume that you can ignore them. Also the indi for the bid/ask lines is attached.

Cheers

Files:
tick.jpg  82 kb
ticklines.mq4  2 kb

Thanks a lot for the indicators!

Hi, i cant make it work

Hello,

I appologize for my lack of ability to make this set of codes work. It is my problem, i am sure, code works fine.

Would anybody be so kind and post step by step way how to open some custom chart?

Best regards,

Jay

Reason: