Flexible Time Charts for MT4 - page 8

@mladen

I opended and changed it to M1 and placed the FlexiChart on. Expert Advisor was already on. Then I openend . In The settings of the FlexiChart and of the charts I did not make changes. Are there any changes necessary?

See the result. In the offline chart there are several timestamps 20 Nov 09:46. It seems that it worked yesterday but I dont recognized it. The timestamp of the historyfile EURUSD8.hst is 20 Nov 09:46 too.

But today it doesnt work, also the timestamps of the history file doesnt changed.

Files:
explorer.jpg  154 kb

whitedog024

This is how it looks on my charts when I apply it to 1 minute chart (wrote some explanations too, just in case, but I see that you already know those)

If you follow the explanation from the first page of this thread it has to work OK

PS: I have a gap in the data simply because I was testing it yesterday and when I saw your post tested it today again and in the mean time it was not working, hence the gap in data was made)

whitedog024:

@mladen

I opended and changed it to M1 and placed the FlexiChart on. Expert Advisor was already on. Then I openend . In The settings of the FlexiChart and of the charts I did not make changes. Are there any changes necessary?

See the result. In the offline chart there are several timestamps 20 Nov 09:46. It seems that it worked yesterday but I dont recognized it. The timestamp of the historyfile EURUSD8.hst is 20 Nov 09:46 too.

But today it doesnt work, also the timestamps of the history file doesnt changed.
Files:
flexi.gif  54 kb

FlexiChart

@mladen

good news, FlexiChar works

After all try failed, I closed all charts and killed EURUSD8.hst in the history directory. After that, I opened a new EURUSD8 chart and placed the flexiChart on it. Then I changed the FlexiChart settings in this chart.

After that I made a brake. After few minutes I continued and I wondered. In the left upper corner of the chart there was a new message that I saw the first time. It said, that I have to open the offline chart EURUSD8.hst. I checked the history directory and found a new file EURUSD8.hst. Now I opened the offline chart EURUSD8 and it worked.

You said in your message

"Go to open and now open the 8 minute (or what the is written in the upper left corner as the name of the time frame you should open) in the offline mode."

and I was wondering the whole time because I didnt had this message. Instead of this I opened "in the upper left corner" of metatrader the offline chart. Maybe the EURUSD8.hst was corrupt.

Anyway, it work

Thanks

I must be doing something wrong here.

Firstly I would like to say thank you for sharing this great work.

Secondly I would like to say you are wrong about how Range Bars or Constant Range Bars plot. There should be no gaps at all. As soon as the range is broken a new bar is drawn, simple as that! If you mean gap because of brokers open time over weekend then maybe so, but the option to allow either should be set in EA by end user.

"Nicolellis range bars were developed in the mid 1990s by Vicente Nicolellis, a Brazilian trader and broker who spent over a decade running a trading desk in Sao Paulo. The local markets at the time were very volatile, and Nicolellis became interested in developing a way to use the volatility to his advantage."

"Each range bar must have a high/low range that equals the specified range.

Each range bar must open outside the high/low range of the previous bar.

Each range bar must close at either its high or its low."

Range Bar Charts: A Different View Of The Markets

i.e., NO GAPS!

Now to the problem I am experiencing with the EA.

I think part of the manual is incomplete, possibly, because when I try to make a tick chart I get M2 message will be made open in offline, so I do this and no chart is there. Nothing to open by the name of M2. So I try doing the C_TIME chart tick type and that fails too.

How do I setup a tick chart, please somone explain a step by step process.

Thanks a million!

I am happy to get rid of the time on Renko charts and you employ time fractions again? Ha, ha, ha...

Time will make you never a better trades. Time is illusion. Get rid of the time and you are redeemed.

Cheers Hermes

hello sir i m not understanding how can i open offline chart after loading ea on 1 minute chart .plz tell me

this did not work ><

Did you read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180033/page5 ? It might help you to make it work

pinoybboy2004:
this did not work ><

Anybody can make this chart whith value of chart window = M0 (don't M8).

Thus it will be possible to use ability MTF of different indicator's...

kostumer27:
Anybody can make this chart whith value of chart window = M0 (don't M8). Thus it will be possible to use ability MTF of different indicator's...

It is ex4 file

Can not be changed

Reason: