2010.03.23 00:23

And last week:

2010.03.19 12:06

2010.03.19 12:07

That will happen everytime your plattform is down for several hours

So now we've to find a solution to avoid this losses

It is vendor's problem.

It is well-known vendor's error namely

"closing the trades without closing price".

It is because vendor closed Metatrader for many hours, or he changed his Metatrader's account, and so on.

This error was evaluated some time ago for many months.

If vendor is having this error so the only one suggestion can be made: he should go to RAS support and create the ticket in General/Technical department (they will ask for his settings, RAS log files and so on).

We have to leave our MT4 online 24H a day.

According to the first two dates, it is exactly the time we turned off our MT4, but for the second two dates I can't remember.

ok, the only solution we have right now is to leave our MT4 online 24hours a day, and please if problem repeated with you inform us soon.

<>

kamalzakhoy:
According to the first two dates, it is exactly the time we turned off our MT4, but for the second two dates I can't remember.

ok, the only solution we have right now is to leave our MT4 online 24hours a day, and please if problem repeated with you inform us soon.

<>

Stay tuned

i'll keep you up to date

Rippes:

It is vendor's problem.

It is well-known vendor's error namely

"closing the trades without closing price".

It is because vendor closed Metatrader for many hours, or he changed his Metatrader's account, and so on.

This error was evaluated some time ago for many months.

Hi Rippes,

If I can help you a little bit with the following:

Between his platform taking in a trade or closing a trade and between your platform taking in a trade and closing a trade there are many technical obstacles and problems that could occure. And that will always stay that way.

Hotpips is trading from a demo account. You need to realize that a demo data feed is far less reliable then a real price feed. So for all the same he can leave his platform running for 24H/day but somewhere in the middle of the night he can loos his data feed from his broker for a couple of hours.

He could overcome this problem partly by trading from a real live account. Those data feeds are more reliable but again not 100% reliable.

When he says that he connects and disconnects his platform that means that he is running his platform from his office or house.

That means that his modem could break down completaly or is out of order for a couple of hours.

Or his internet provider could go down for a couple of hours by failer or in the midlle of the night they want to do some maintenance or upgrade to their servers.

Or he could have an electricity failer in his house or home that makes it to shut down his pc completaly.

He could overcome partly this problem by placing his platform with system on a vps server. But again that is also not 100% save. Because the vps server can go down also...

etc...etc...

So you need to realize that the more technical elements and partys that are in between the execution of the vendor and your broker that needs to execute an order the more problems and probabilitys to failer you can have.

I even not mensioned the internet problems and electricity failers and broker problems you could have.

I am running a top knodge programmed EA from my pc connected to my broker and I see the problems I can have sometimes. Then needles to explain that the more technical elements you bring in between, not the more problems you COULD have but WILL have.

The effect of those problems will be of course bigger with certain systems on RAS compared to other systems.

ex. Hotpips is working with a lot of floating orders that can be in a big loss at some point. If then the RAS EA closes down all of these trades that will have a far worse impact on your result then if one would work with a system on RAS that is taking in trader per trade and only opens a new trade when the previous one is closed. If then theEA RAS would close down positions because of a mal function it will only be 1 trade. This will only have a minor impact on your result.

Friendly regards....iGoR

So it seems that the connectivity issue is not a RAS "initiated problem"...afterall...

I just wanted to clarify that connectivity issues is not the fault of RAS....

It is only obvious when the vender turns off his computer, there are safeguards within RAS to close all trades....Why would a vendor shut his computer down at all when he is broadcasting to clients?...especially for several hours....sheeesh!

ES

ElectricSavant:
Why would a vendor shut his computer down at all when he is broadcasting to clients?...especially for several hours....sheeesh! ES

That is indeed a very stupid thing to do.

But for all the same a vendor can have an electricity failer that shuts down his pc without him knowing because he is asleep. Or his internet connection can break down or he looses connection with his broker or his broker is not sending any data for a couple of hour etc etc....

Before one trades with real money he should think twice of all the problems that can happen.

Or trading RAS systems that trade only 1 position per pair at each time and that has a S/L on each position that is kept on the SERVER of the broker.

If then one has some failer or break down he is protected by the S/L in case price goes the wrong way and if RAS closes the position (because of losing connection with the vendor) it will only have a minor impact on the total result.

Working with a RAS system that can sit for many days in huge floating losses is asking for trouble. If then a vendors platform closes for whatever kind of reason for severall hours that will cause huge losses when RAS is closing the positions because of losing the connection with the vendor.

iGoR

iGoR:
and if RAS closes the position (because of losing connection with the vendor) it will only have a minor impact on the total result

Why does RAS need to close a position, if it loses connection to a vendor. Why can it simply not wait until the vendor sends the signal to close the order.

This would suggest that any long-term position trading cannot be safely done with RAS, as any floating draw down positions would be closed if the vendor lost their connection. And as you say, even a VPN can lose a connection.

Can RAS not be changed, so as to not send a signal to close orders, if the connection is lost.

RAS need more intelligent expert adviser!!

When you say the buyer need to leave his metatrader online, we agree with you, because it is impossible for EA to work while its shutting down, but you say also seller need to leave his metatrader online it is not logical, because seller have not any relationship with EA working, seller is only sending signals and EA must treat with its data that received from seller intelligently and its a big wrong for EA to play with buyer trade and close them trades or open whatever is problem, the successful EA for RAS is that just making a copy of seller account on a buyer account and when it lost connection with seller this don't mean it erase all what copied before, when connection is lost EA must leave all open trade, and don't become mad close them and open other on a manner way, if EA leave open positions and don't close them when lost connection with seller, then buyer can take a decision what he have to do by contacting with seller, specially for our system leaving positions open after losing connection between the seller and EA will be very good because all Hotpip forex open positions are with take profit level, and for stoploss then buyer can contact with seller if needed.

anyway we will remain our metatrader online 24h/day to prevent EA getting mad, and we suggest RAS to make update to their EA and programing it to be more intelligent with its receiving data from seller.

ElectricSavant:
So it seems that the connectivity issue is not a RAS "initiated problem"...afterall...

I just wanted to clarify that connectivity issues is not the fault of RAS....

It is only obvious when the vender turns off his computer, there are safeguards within RAS to close all trades....Why would a vendor shut his computer down at all when he is broadcasting to clients?...especially for several hours....sheeesh!

ES

Then this is fundimental flaw in RAS. How can any provider always keep his MT4 online. Power and internet outages, comp failures and so on would trigger lots of unwanted and potentially disastrous closures.

When I traded opm I had a dual wan router with DSL and Cable. I had a gasoline powered generator and 3 computers. I traded with this set up for several years without any interruption. I also had a 2nd shift with a live trader watching and we both had landlines to the dealer if there was a problem. But as Igor has explained, even VPS services can go down. I think that one must build in redundancy's the best that he can.

Some guy who trades on a demo account moving his office from one Continent to another and turning his computer off for two hours a day, does not seem so responsible to me.

ES

zomg:
Then this is fundimental flaw in RAS. How can any provider always keep his MT4 online. Power and internet outages, comp failures and so on would trigger lots of unwanted and potentially disastrous closures.
Reason: