Requests & Ideas - page 446

tampa:
Why do toy want to avoid bands penetration?

I dont want to avoid it, if you have a low period like 1 or 2 like i am using , the bands are lines are exactly the same and follows price, so if a bar moves up the lower band will follow it and go in to the price and then trigger alert , so the price never penetrates the bands , but the band is penetrating the price , so therefore you will never get a alert on its highest or lowest peak.

So im going through everything that i can find to find the perfect indicator with the perfect settings that will work like it should, that the price have to penetrate the bands.

timmyhanke:
Mladen or Mr tools , Can you add an option to this indicator , so you can have diffrent prices on the bands. Im currently using high/low prices because i noticed that it makes it possible to have the price to penetrate the bands.

I added 2 indicators together just to see how it would look like so i dont waste your time

And if it could be made with double smoothed averages too . It would be perfect

nbtrading:
And if it could be made with double smoothed averages too . It would be perfect

That would be good

timmyhanke:
Mladen or Mr tools , Can you add an option to this indicator , so you can have diffrent prices on the bands. Im currently using high/low prices because i noticed that it makes it possible to have the price to penetrate the bands.

I added 2 indicators together just to see how it would look like so i dont waste your time

Timmyhanke, added the price options and the double smoothed option, also using Mladen's latest double smoothed averages version.

averages_keltner_channels_2.ex4

mrtools:

Timmyhanke, added the price options and the double smoothed option, also using Mladen's latest double smoothed averages version.

averages_keltner_channels_2.ex4

Thank you soo much , but i cant't apply it on the chart at all.

timmyhanke:

I dont want to avoid it, if you have a low period like 1 or 2 like i am using , the bands are lines are exactly the same and follows price, so if a bar moves up the lower band will follow it and go in to the price and then trigger alert , so the price never penetrates the bands , but the band is penetrating the price , so therefore you will never get a alert on its highest or lowest peak.

So im going through everything that i can find to find the perfect indicator with the perfect settings that will work like it should, that the price have to penetrate the bands.

Thanks for the clarification

timmyhanke:
Thank you soo much , but i cant't apply it on the chart at all.

Timmyhanke, not sure what the problem could be, have it on offline charts and regular charts and it's working for me. Are you getting any errors in your terminal journal tab?

Edit) found an error in the mtf interpolation this version should fix that.

averages_keltner_channels_2.01.ex4

mrtools:

Timmyhanke, not sure what the problem could be, have it on offline charts and regular charts and it's working for me. Are you getting any errors in your terminal journal tab?

Edit) found an error in the mtf interpolation this version should fix that.

averages_keltner_channels_2.01.ex4

It said that i have to update my terminal , but i have no idea how to , do i have to re download and re install metatrader 4 from the brokers website ?

timmyhanke:
It said that i have to update my terminal , but i have no idea how to , do i have to re download and re install metatrader 4 from the brokers website ?

timmyhanke

Which build are you using? If your build is lower than mrtools' then it will not run (I do not know exactly which build mrtools is using)

Which MT4 build you use, Timmy? The current 910 or an older one?

Reason: