Requests & Ideas - page 310

mladen:
Gfuchs

Found one thing that might have caused that issue

Try it out now, please : gann_highlow_activator_ea_1.01.mq4

Still the same problem I think. Does not open trade on opposite signal.

Gfuchs:
Still the same problem I think. Does not open trade on opposite signal.

Here you go : gann_highlow_activator_ea_1.02.mq4

Now it opens orders when the previous order was closed

mladen:
Here you go : gann_highlow_activator_ea_1.02.mq4 Now it opens orders when the previous order was closed

Yes, now it works. Thank you Mladen

Dear sir

were i can find all the indicators that belongs to this Ea -Gann highlow activator

dasssi:
Dear sir were i can find all the indicators that belongs to this Ea -Gann highlow activator

dasssi

One ("Gann High-Low activator histo 3 nmc") is at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page207

The other ("Volty Channel Stop on jurik-for Ea") is here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181125

dear sir

can you transfer to the new mt4?

ps forgot to say please

Files:

dasssi:
dear sir

can you transfer to the new mt4?

ps forgot to say please

This should be it : macd_slope_trader_nmc.mq4

There are no boolean conditions that could be misinterpreted (which is the problem that will cause some EAs to work in completely wrong manner and that will be the biggest problem for some EA conversion) and error checking is adjust to new rules too. The other minor comiler warnings are eliminated

Files:

mladen:
rayphua Just to let you know, that I did not forget this one, but simply if I want to keep it compatible with what we are told that metatrader 4 can do, still no solution. The only solution that will work in any case they decide would be to use objects for candles but then you can not read those values from other code using iCustom(). Would that be convenient?

I'm grateful you didn't forget, Mladen.

I'm trying to understand you; what you're saying is that at the current moment Metatrader's latest version still cannot do what we want with extra buffers?

And the only way to work this is to use objects but I will not be able to read values from other codes using iCustom().

1. I'm not sure how "objects" is different from what we normally use.

2. Lacking the ability to read values from other codes using icustom() would mean?

Sorry, I'm not quite there yet with coding, Mladen. Kindly explain.

rayphua:
I'm grateful you didn't forget, Mladen.

I'm trying to understand you; what you're saying is that at the current moment Metatrader's latest version still cannot do what we want with extra buffers?

And the only way to work this is to use objects but I will not be able to read values from other codes using iCustom().

1. I'm not sure how "objects" is different from what we normally use.

2. Lacking the ability to read values from other codes using icustom() would mean?

Sorry, I'm not quite there yet with coding, Mladen. Kindly explain.

rayphua

The truth is that per moment we can use 64 drawing buffers in new metatrader 4 (from build 625). But it is also the truth that in the whole documentation it is always told that there can be only 8 drawing buffers (from the fisrt to the last reference to functions in the help files).

Now the possible answer could be the following : since they are using the same "machine" to "drive" the code for metatrader 4 and 5 now, maybe some coder made a mistake and allowed that metatrader can use more than those 8 buffers, which would mean that as soon as they notice it, they will restrict it to 8 drawing buffers again (the thing is that metatrader 4 with 64 drawing buffers will "clean up" metatrader 5 in no time at all, and I do not think that metaquote people are intending to kill metatrader 5). Or the answer is that they are going to let go metatrader 5 and that, per moment, they did not update the documentation. But there us no official statement and, as far as I am aware of, we simply do not know what will happen even in the near future with this drawing buffers "issue"

As of using objects : iCustom() can retrieve values only from buffers of some other indicator. It can not read the values of objects (values of objects created by other indicators are impossible to retrieve in some cases, not always, but in some cases). So it would not be an indicator as we are used to it : an indicator that can be used from other indicator, script or EA in a normal way

I hope this clarifies those 2 points

mladen:
rayphua

The truth is that per moment we can use 64 drawing buffers (from build 625). But it is also the truth that in the whole documentation it is always told that there can be only 8 drawing buffers.

Now the possible answer could be the following : since they are using the same "machine" to "drive" the code for metatrader 4 and 5 now, maybe some coder made a mistake and allowed that metatrader can use more than those 8 buffers, which would mean that as soon as they notice it, they will restrict it to 8 drawing buffers again )the thing is that metatrader 4 with 64 drawing buffers will "clean up" metatrader 5 in no time at all, and I do not think that metaquote people are intending to kill metatrader 5)

As of using objects : iCustom() can retrieve values only from buffers of some other indicator. It can not read the values of objects (values of objects created by other indicators are impossible to retrieve in some cases, not always, but in some cases). So it would not be an indicator as we are used to it : an indicator that can be used from other indicator, script or EA in a normal way

I hope this clarifies those 2 points

Mladen,

Appreciate your explanation. It would sound like MT5 would be more versatile than MT4, however I get the feeling that there is some resistance from MT4 users to switch to MT5? Any major reason for not switching?

I understand the object issue now, but I take it that it would still look no different visually from the use of a script/ea etc? If there are no visual diffrences, then I am definitely ok with it because the purpose of CCI Study candles with neutral and slope coloring this is for visual confirmation only. Would appreicate your time on this very much, Mladen. Thank you in advance.

Reason: