Requests & Ideas - page 122

dakiki:
Hello Mr Tools,

Would you please be so kind and adapt this indicator you posted so that it shows a coloured price line where price changes are reflected in the same way as in the non dynamic zone version.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Made it to change colors on slope change, had to change to regular dynamic zone due to buffer limitation, but its still multi timeframe, with alerts and arrows on color change and crosses of upper,lower,and middle lines.

mladen:
Janusz123 Can you please explain a bit more. Described as is it look like a MACD but I might be wrong (maybe your idea is completely different)

I thought it must have been an indicator, just did not know which one. If that's how MACD is built then do not bother with making it again. Thanks for your clarification.

Janusz

You can try this one : https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/79/averages_macd_-_mtf_amp_alerts.mq4 from the elite indicators thread for that purpose (since in it you can chose averages method - so you would not be limited to EMA)

regards

Mladen

Janusz123:
I thought it must have been an indicator, just did not know which one. If that's how MACD is built then do not bother with making it again. Thanks for your clarification.

Repaint?

Mladen or SIMBA

Could you pleasew confirm if the attached indicator repaint? Found the indicator posted by SIMBA in the RMO thread below. So far have not seen it repaint, but wanted to make sure from the Gurus.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thanks

Files:
dtosc.mq4  5 kb

It does not repaint, but you might consider using for example one of the versions from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (they are a bit more "up to date" coded)

averageiq:
Mladen or SIMBA

Could you pleasew confirm if the attached indicator repaint? Found the indicator posted by SIMBA in the RMO thread below. So far have not seen it repaint, but wanted to make sure from the Gurus.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thanks

mladen:
It does not repaint, but you might consider using for example one of the versions from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (they are a bit more "up to date" coded)

Hmm...not sure if my eyes are fooling me...

Added the indicator onto a 1H USD/CAD chart with time frame set on the indicator as Daily(1440). Noticed that the indicator initially signalled a "step up" (blue line)last night and then eventually reverted to a"step down" signalling when I checked later this morning.

Attached screenshot - area marked "x" is where the indicator switched the direction of signal. Can you please advise if this is indeed repaint or the signal interpretation needs more time to be confirmed?

Thanks much!

Files:
usdcad1h.gif  17 kb

averageiq

Multi time frame indicator must update all the bars belonging to the target time frame bar. It is a normal multi time frame behavior and it is not considered a repainting. If not all the values from the target time frame were updated then it would be a repainting.

Hope this clarifies the issue : multi time framing is something else than regular working. Just imagine this : you have one close price right now (the day is till not ended) at a daily chart. Tomorrow you look at the chart and you see that it closed at other price than right now. Would you consider it a repainting? The same thing happens to multi time framing ... closed bar of the target time frame must not change but the still opened bar of the target time frame is a subhect of normal opened bar changes (and thuis all the bars of a lower time frame chart that bellong to the still opened bar of the higher time frame must be updated accordingly)

averageiq:
Hmm...not sure if my eyes are fooling me...

Added the indicator onto a 1H USD/CAD chart with time frame set on the indicator as Daily(1440). Noticed that the indicator initially signalled a "step up" (blue line)last night and then eventually reverted to a"step down" signalling when I checked later this morning.

Attached screenshot - area marked "x" is where the indicator switched the direction of signal. Can you please advise if this is indeed repaint or the signal interpretation needs more time to be confirmed?

Thanks much!

Mladen

Thank you for the clarification.

mladen:
averageiq closed bar of the target time frame must not change but the still opened bar of the target time frame is a subhect of normal opened bar changes

I was wondering if its possible to visually indicate the "still in progress" state and the "confirmed state".

Let me use my last chart example....

Noticed that the indicator initially signalled a "step up" (blue line)last night and then eventually reverted to a"step down" signalling when I checked later this morning.

So, the "step up" signal was essentially still "work in progress" on the higher time frame - in this case Daily (1440). Can we indicate this using a colored signal - say yellow.

Attached screenshot - area marked "x" is where the indicator switched the direction of signal"

This switch in this example was actually the completed state on the higher TF - now we indicate this "confirmed state" using a colored signal - say Green.

So, going back to my last chart post, I would see an yellow "step up" signal and eventually a green "step down" signal. Is it possible to introduce this color coded "state" information into the indicator?

Files:
usdcad1h.gif  17 kb
dtosc.mq4  5 kb

Dtosc with completition zone ...

averageiq

Try out this version

When it is not working in mtf you are not going to see any difference. But when you switch to multi time frame mode there will be a zone (if the ShowZone parameter is set to true) that is marking which is the value that is a subject t changes (like on the picture : it is a one hour dtosc on a 5 minute chart - the value within the darker zone can and will probably change).

regards

Mladen

averageiq:
Mladen

Thank you for the clarification.

I was wondering if its possible to visually indicate the "still in progress" state and the "confirmed state".

Let me use my last chart example....

So, the "step up" signal was essentially still "work in progress" on the higher time frame - in this case Daily (1440). Can we indicate this using a colored signal - say yellow.

This switch in this example was actually the completed state on the higher TF - now we indicate this "confirmed state" using a colored signal - say Green.

So, going back to my last chart post, I would see an yellow "step up" signal and eventually a green "step down" signal. Is it possible to introduce this color coded "state" information into the indicator?

mladen:
averageiq

Try out this version

When it is not working in mtf you are not going to see any difference. But when you switch to multi time frame mode there will be a zone (if the ShowZone parameter is set to true) that is marking which is the value that is a subject t changes (like on the picture : it is a one hour dtosc on a 5 minute chart - the value within the darker zone can and will probably change).

regards

Mladen

Thank you very much - that helps visually. One final question to reinforce the visual (as well as my understanding) ...

In the attached picture (same setup as before, but completion zones enabled)...

While the current "state" of the signal lurks in the zone, the DOWN signal marked with a check mark in chart is the last "confirmed" state of USD/CAD in Daily TF- Is that a fair understanding / assumption?

Thank you for taking the time to explain and providing the tools as well - You're a true mentor.

Files:
Reason: