Requests & Ideas - page 117

Nyquist MA ...

brax

Added some colors to it too (was curious what would it look like then fr default period). And it seems that it does not look so bad So, this is a colored Nyquist MA by brax

PS: removed the indicator from this post since brax64 made a modification "in a right direction" too and he is the one that originally coded this indicator. Use his version as a final version

Files:
nma.gif  23 kb

Last bar

Mladen,

Would it be possible to add "last bar" capability to Goertzel Browser 5.53.Last bar=0 It does the analysis and projections from actual bar..Last bar=N it does all that from bar N backwards.This way we can see the indicator´s fit as of late for different combinations of parameters and it may allow a better tuning and more precision...or just more overfitting .

Indicator attached here.

Thanks and Regards

S

Files:

Simba

If I understand correctly, you already have that option : BarToCalculate.

By default it is set to use the first closed bar (2) but you can change it to any positive value you wish plus 0 (I myself usually use the 0, even though it changes values all the times). So, just set the BarToCalculate to desired value and it should do the rest. Anyway, will try to add shift to indicator that would correspond to the starting bar of calculation too (the extrapolated values need to be shifted too, and that is what was causing me problems the last time too) and then, if there is an acceptable solution for extrapolation too, it should be "complete"

SIMBA:
Mladen,

Would it be possible to add "last bar" capability to Goertzel Browser 5.53.Last bar=0 It does the analysis and projections from actual bar..Last bar=N it does all that from bar N backwards.This way we can see the indicator´s fit as of late for different combinations of parameters and it may allow a better tuning and more precision...or just more overfitting .

Indicator attached here.

Thanks and Regards

S

mladen:
Simba

If I understand correctly, you already have that option : BarToCalculate.

By default it is set to use the first closed bar (2) but you can change it to any positive value you wish plus 0 (I myself usually use the 0, even though it changes values all the times). So, just set the BarToCalculate to desired value and it should do the rest. Anyway, will try to add shift to indicator that would correspond to the starting bar of calculation too (the extrapolated values need to be shifted too, and that is what was causing me problems the last time too) and then, if there is an acceptable solution for extrapolation too, it should be "complete"

Bar to calculate is not what I meant.What I mean is the same capability as the last bar,included in the Fourier extrapolators you created

int start()

{

int limit,counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars < 0) return(-1);

if(counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--;

limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

int np = PastBars; if (np>Bars) np = Bars;

int nf = FutBars; if (nf<LastBar) nf = LastBar;

if (ArraySize(source) !=np) ArrayResize(source,np);

if (ArraySize(result) !=np) ArrayResize(result,np);

if (ArraySize(prediction)!=nf+1) ArrayResize(prediction,nf+1);

SetIndexShift(1, -LastBar);

SetIndexShift(2,nf-LastBar);

This way we can see the past fit of the indicator,from N bars in the past,with several combinations of parameters,and decide how to use it in the present.

In any case if it is too messy due to the MTF function you can either do a non mtf version for testing parameters,or just skip my request,no problem with that.

Regards

S

Simba

We are talking about the same thing but in different terms. With shift added it will be much clearer what did I mean with my post, and I think that you will find that it is what you had in mind too

SIMBA:
Bar to calculate is not what I meant.What I mean is the same capability as the last bar,included in the Fourier extrapolators you created

int start()

{

int limit,counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars < 0) return(-1);

if(counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--;

limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

int np = PastBars; if (np>Bars) np = Bars;

int nf = FutBars; if (nf<LastBar) nf = LastBar;

if (ArraySize(source) !=np) ArrayResize(source,np);

if (ArraySize(result) !=np) ArrayResize(result,np);

if (ArraySize(prediction)!=nf+1) ArrayResize(prediction,nf+1);

SetIndexShift(1, -LastBar);

SetIndexShift(2,nf-LastBar);

This way we can see the past fit of the indicator,from N bars in the past,with several combinations of parameters,and decide how to use it in the present.

In any case if it is too messy due to the MTF function you can either do a non mtf version for testing parameters,or just skip my request,no problem with that.

Regards

S

mladen:
Simba We are talking about the same thing but in different terms. With shift added it will be much clearer what did I mean with my post, and I think that you will find that it is what you had in mind too

Mladen,

Ok,and thanks for clarifying.In any case,if it is too messy,just forget about it,no problem with that.

S

NMA v1.2.mq4‎

Dear Mladen,

after reading the pdf about NMA dont you think it would be a good candidate to an EA ?

Best regards

Rosalieone

Volatilty Indy Formula

(MAXH30-MNL10)/C-%15

Hello I borrowed a simple idea that I'm not sure is worth coding into an indy or perhaps can be added to an existing indy

the maximum high of the last 30 days minus the minimum low of the last ten days divided by the close should be less than 15 percent,implementing this maybe worth looking into thanks

New Volatility Indi Formula

Mladen please what you ask of me is futile for I have no experience in mql coding although I did just try to copy and paste into metaeditor to no avail,all in all I really wasn't sure if this formula would even be useful in currency markets,but since you mentioned a potential use for the D1 timeframe perhaps there can be an option in parameters for percentage to be tweaked if one so chooses to trade such lower timeframes,but since I heard the less than 15 percent originally that should be the original default settings,remember also this formula is just an idea so it ain't set in stone ,if there a better percentage than can be used for each timeframe let's try to find it together but in the meantime anything less than 15 percent is for D1 strictly, also about the display it can just be an arrow on the candle that met criteria ,or if you got something better in mind like lines in AC/AO or something anything will do I'll just be good if somehow we can bring this thing to life to see if has legs and wings! thanks,Max

Best to try it out

Here is the indicator in this form (I still have troubles with attachments). Just copy it to metaeditor and paste it to and then save it as Volatility indi. As far as I see, it can reach those percents on forex symbols daily time frame only (lower time frames have much smaller changes) Added a multiplication with 100 in order to bring it to those ranges

#property indicator_separate_window

#property indicator_buffers 1

#property indicator_color1 PaleVioletRed

#property indicator_width1 2

//

//

//

//

//

extern int MaxPeriod=30;

extern int MinPeriod=10;

double result[];

//------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//

//

//

//

int init()

{

SetIndexBuffer(0,result);

return(0);

}

int deinit()

{

return(0);

}

int start()

{

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);

if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

int limit=MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

//

//

//

//

//

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) result = 100.0*(High[ArrayMaximum(High,MaxPeriod,i)]-Low[ArrayMinimum(Low,MinPeriod,i)])/Close;

return(0);

}

Maxwell10:
(MAXH30-MNL10)/C-

Hello I borrowed a simple idea that I'm not sure is worth coding into an indy or perhaps can be added to an existing indy

the maximum high of the last 30 days minus the minimum low of the last ten days divided by the close should be less than 15 percent,implementing this maybe worth looking into thanks
Files:
Reason: