Requests & Ideas - page 424

Negrescence:
Hi,

Is it possible to add an alert function to this indicator. I have found one elsewhere, however, it dings on every bar regardless if there is a signal or not. I'm not sure if that is just a consequence of its predictive/repainting nature or botched programming...

iinwmarrows.mq4

The indicator above is not the erroneous version I mentioned in this post.

Negrescence

That indicator is using future values (ie : it repaints)

mladen:
timmyhanke Because of the way how deviations are calculated, added standard metatrader averages : rsi__bollinger_bands_1.05_amp_lines__alerts__arrows_mtf.mq4

But the problem isnt the bands , its whats inside it , can the rsi be changed out to moving averages with more averages to choose from ? . thanks for your help !

timmyhanke:
But the problem isnt the bands , its whats inside it , can the rsi be changed out to moving averages with more averages to choose from ? . thanks for your help !

I am afraid I do not understand you

That indicator is an RSI with Bollinger bands applied to rsi. If we remove the rsi and replace it with moving averages, all we are left is Bollinger bands (the middle line of Bollinger bands is a moving average)

Would you mind clarifying it?

iinwmarrows_alert.mq4

Yes, I am aware that it repaints. Sorry, I may have phrased my statement ambiguously. Ultimately, I am just wondering if an alert can be applied to this indicator. I have come across a version with an alert and it has proven to be disappointing and broken. It produces an alert with each new bar rather than the actual signal. The alert version is above.

Files:

mladen:
I am afraid I do not understand you

That indicator is an RSI with Bollinger bands applied to rsi. If we remove the rsi and replace it with moving averages, all we are left is Bollinger bands (the middle line of Bollinger bands is a moving average)

Would you mind clarifying it?

I would like something like this , to be able to change rsi ma methods like in the picture i attached .

So hopfully the result gets better

Files:
rsi_ma.png  141 kb

Negrescence:
iinwmarrows_alert.mq4 Yes, I am aware that it repaints. Sorry, I may have phrased my statement ambiguously. Ultimately, I am just wondering if an alert can be applied to this indicator. I have come across a version with an alert and it has proven to be disappointing and broken. It produces an alert with each new bar rather than the actual signal. The alert version is above.

Will check it

timmyhanke:
I would like something like this , to be able to change rsi ma methods like in the picture i attached .

So hopfully the result gets better

OK, now I understand

Negrescence:
iinwmarrows_alert.mq4 Yes, I am aware that it repaints. Sorry, I may have phrased my statement ambiguously. Ultimately, I am just wondering if an alert can be applied to this indicator. I have come across a version with an alert and it has proven to be disappointing and broken. It produces an alert with each new bar rather than the actual signal. The alert version is above.

Negrescence

Try it out now : iinwmarrows_alert_1.mq4

It will alert you about the last trend when you start it, but after that it should alert only when a new trend occurs (a trend on a different bar than before)

Files:

mladen:
OK, now I understand

Great ! hope it works

timmyhanke:
Great ! hope it works

Oh, it will. Don't worry

Reason: