Requests & Ideas - page 57

Thank you very much Mladen.

Like always, you overcame what's expected!

mladen:
brax64

Here you go

Added some things (parameters to control colors as an input, unified the labels with arrows (identifier) in order to allow multiple indicators on a same chart without overwriting each others labels, and made it a separate procedure, so it can easily be located and changed)

here is an example of 2 bb macds on a same chart (just set the arrowsIdentifier to unique value - that ID is used for labels as well as for arrows)
PS: removed the default 15 minute from the time frame in order to make it "undefined" by default (I think it is a bit more suitable that way for an average user) so you will have to revert it to 15 minute in the code in order to work as the one you posted

regards

Mladen

If you are looking for a Schaff trend cycle that works exactly as Doug Schaff explained, the first time it was posted for metatrader at this post here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176577

There are a couple of variations of those in elite section indicators. The easiest way to find them is to clik on the clip in the upper right corner when you are in Elite section thread and then you will get a list of attachments from which you can download directly

regards

Mladen

cukecvn:
Thanks Mladen, btw could you do me a favour? since I'm not a coder could you give up sometime to build a SCT indicator so I can see it more visually. Regards

Hi every one Hi Mr Mladen,

is this this thing repainting / recalculating or is it me ?

Flytox

Hodrick / Prescott filter is recalculating, so it is not you :):)

It is it's nature (some more info here : Hodrick-Prescott filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

regards

Mladen

Flytox:
Hi every one Hi Mr Mladen, is this this thing repainting / recalculating or is it me ?

Good explanations from the link.

Thx Mr Mladen.

Hi Mladen..,

The donchian channel that u created is alerting when the upper or lower channel is broken for the first time. Now say.., the price comes down and does not break the lower channel, but instead goes up again and breaks the upper channel.., it does not alert.., can you please look into it and make it to alert when there is a break of either of the bands.., i know it is irritating sometimes.., but i would like to have that option also.

regards,

paapi

Files:

paapi

Here you go

Now, when it retraces (so goes "into the channel") the trend direction is reset and if there is a break again it will alert. It will not alert on a second (and consecutive bars) break.

For example : it breaks the upper band and stays over upper band for 5 bars - only 1 alert for now on the first break, the 4 bars that are over the upper band are not alerted. Price retraces into the channel (goes under the upper band) but it does not break the lower band. Price breaks the upper band again and you get alerted again, and if the price stays over the band it does not alert again till the price retraces or brakes the lower band. The same goes for lower band breaks (with inverted logic, of course)

I hope that I did not complicate the explanation too much. Try it out

regards

Mladen

paapi:
Hi Mladen..,

The donchian channel that u created is alerting when the upper or lower channel is broken for the first time. Now say.., the price comes down and does not break the lower channel, but instead goes up again and breaks the upper channel.., it does not alert.., can you please look into it and make it to alert when there is a break of either of the bands.., i know it is irritating sometimes.., but i would like to have that option also.

regards,

paapi
Files:

Hi Mladen..,

thanks a lot for this.., what line of code sud be changed to make it alert on every break.., just to learn the nuances of coding and is it possible to bind the donchian in a separate window to a value say 0 like an MACD?

regards,

paapi

paapi

Line 244 goes like this :

if (alertsOnBreakOut && trendp[whichBar] != trendp[whichBar+1])[/PHP]
If you want the alert on every bar that is breaking the channel up or down, change it to :
[PHP] if (alertsOnBreakOut)
That should do it ____________________________

As of zero binding : it would need to be recoded completely (there is no way to do that without recoding). Will see what can be done to keep it as simple as possible (coding wise)

regards

Mladen

paapi:
Hi Mladen..,

thanks a lot for this.., what line of code sud be changed to make it alert on every break.., just to learn the nuances of coding and is it possible to bind the donchian in a separate window to a value say 0 like an MACD?

regards,

paapi

Hi Mladen..,

thanks for everything.., now cannot wait to see what would come out of ur arsenal when it is made into a separate window 0 bound donchian..,

regards,

paapi

Reason: