TickScalper EA - page 26

newdigital,

I just saw the "newest settings" preset, its a little different then the other "moresafe settings". I was woundering if you could show the inputs to this 6 pair run. I'm grateful for the blow by blow describition.

Interesting Data on the 6 pair:

------------#trades------P/L

G-Ch-------3------------1.57------ Did you stop trading it or didn't it trade???

E-G------- 64---------2,081

G-U--------100--------2,313

U-Ch--------80--------4,937------- WOW

E-U---------117-------1,521

U-J----------98---------660-----This guy had losses of - 2600 & Gains of 2788 on 9-15-10, it looks like it accomplished it martingale goal, I would drop this pair

Total--------462-------11,592

Ray

Hi traderduke,

I am using this settings (pre-set file is attached on the post) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page16 for 5 pairs for FXCM. Same for all 5 pairs - I just changed the magic number to be unique number for every pair.

Thanks ND!

Ray

Brokers

Newdigital,

You mentioned FXCM,

1. are you happy with them?

2. they offer a VPS site have you seen or used this service or has anyone used this service.

3. I'm looking to get in the UK office, does anyone have any experience with them?

I'm leaving the US because of the new leverage rules and English is my 1st language. I tried alpari UK but they aren't excepting US citizens.

Thanks Ray

Fxcm

ND,

I got my Demo At FXCM, so far most of my EA seem to be at least trading in Backtest except for TicKscalper. It seems to load the indic then remove it , have you got any ideas. See attached

Thanks Ray

You need indicators from this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

As I remember - 2 indicators (place them in indicator's folder and compile).

You mentioned FXCM,

1. are you happy with them?

2. they offer a VPS site have you seen or used this service or has anyone used this service.

3. I'm looking to get in the UK office, does anyone have any experience with them?

I like Alpari rus broker (because this broker is having the best data feed with no demo expired). Many traders from all over the world used their published quotes/history for backtesting. But Alpari brokers are separating the clients by citizenship so if you are US citizen so they will propose Alpari US to you, if from Europe so it will be Alpari UK. But the problem is that Alpari US and Alpari UK are having completely different data feed/quotes and it is not the same as Alpari rus.

North Finance (FxPro now) was close to Alpari rus (those 2 brokers were in competition long time ago) but something was changed with FXpro so I am not using them anymore.

Broco is also good by few platforms but it was something as ... 1 their platform is very good but spread is very bad, the other their platform is not so good but spread is very good I mean: it is necessary to select their platform which will be more suitable for example (they are having 3 as I remember).

IBFX is having competely different data feed from Alpari brokers (EAs will have different performance with IBFX).

FXCM ... I do not have live/real money account with them. I am using them because it is the only broker which are not closing our accounts for elite section. You know that Alpari UK (and some other brokers) can close/suspend any demo account any time. Just imagine - I traded (forward tested) some EAs on 10 accounts for 2 years and posted the results here with the words that "it is the statements from Akpari UK Metatrader" ... and they (Alpari UK) suspended those accounts ... 2 times ...

FXCM never did it and it is more reliable in this case.

So, FXCM, Alpari rus and IBFX are the best for me for trading/testing EAs on demo for the long time (concerning quotes and so on).

As to real money account so it depends on your location for example. Any broker is fine if you know how much money deposit to the broker. For example: small sized broker (LiteForex for example) - good to have account in cents to deposit ... let's say ... 200 dollars to be 20,000 on deposit (in cents). To test something with real money. But as to 3,000 dollars deposit or more so you should select something based on brokers' ratings and your location (and broker's data feed quality of course).

It is the same as you want to deposit money to the bank and want to select few banks for that. Same criterias + data feed reliability + ECN/stp/non-hedge etc ...

There are top (big) brokers, there are medium sized brokers and there are small brokers. As to the trading so regulation is nothing according to my experience - no any governmental institution will protect the trader just because his broker does not want "to act on the trader's side", or the broker is making the spikes to hit stop loss (data feed reliability) and so on.

As I know - RAS service is having agreement with FXCM and some people are using Tick scalping with FXCM live so I hope that everything is fine with this broker.

Alpari rus broker is having the agreement with zulu as I know but zulu and RAS services are in competition in public sections of the forum so - no problem at all.

FXCM thread is here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9092-fxcm so you can ask them directly.

I am not using their VPS for elite trading. I am having 5 dedicated servers.

Fxcm

ND,

Thanks for that indepth answer, it helped a lot. Looks like FXCM UK is the winner. Now I need the demo to work. I know this isn't a repair forum but the reload of the indicators didn;t change things. I have 2 other EA's failing the same way but 12 that work??? Can you direct me to a repair Forum maybe Elite. I'll call FXCM this morning and see what they say.

So far I'm running Live demo on MBTrading using 6 pair, your 5 plus G-A , from 9/22 16:00 to 9/24 08:00; US-EDT. UP $248.70 , 33 trades, floating -1.87.

I forgot to mention I'm using the new setting but changed the time to Start-2 & End 11, That way I get the best of UK & US. G-A is not trading much probably due to the time set up but its still winning $3.17 2 trades. What time would you use for G-A considering the large window??

Looks great! Now if I can get FXCM up and working.

Just a thought could you add the max drawdown in the comment section? It could be enlighting.

Thanks again

Ray

Max drawdown is max distance (scale is in dollars) between blue equity line and yellow balance line on my visual statements (images) which I am posting on this thread for every weekends. Check few posts back.

I am using 3.44 version on FXCM and it works.

EA is on this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8 (TickScalper_v3.44.mq4).

Indicator: TickSmoother_v2.1 (from same post).

Settings of the EA is on this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page16

How to install - read this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Do not forget to use new settings, especially check: ECN_Mode should be 1 (ECN_Mode = 1) as FXCM is stp broker (Alpari UK is not stp).

Check min lot size for broker.

This EA works for me for FXCM ...

If still problem - post screenshot here with image of the errors.

traderduke:
Looks like FXCM UK is the winner. Now I need the demo to work.

FXCM provided demo accounts for elite section with min lot size = 0.01. I am not sure that you will have demo with this min as most probably they are providing min 0.1 as usual clients. Anyway - you can check with them. Because this Tick scalper should be used with min lot size as 0.01 anyway.

Just for information.

It is really not easy to find good, reliable and big sized broker providing min lot size 0.01 without any limitation and finding the good broker is 50% of the success. This EA works with almost any broker. But to say in general - many serious developers are coding EAs especially for some broker (for example: EA for IBFX; EA for Alpari rus etc).

EA for Alpari? Goldwarrior and all Step versions.

IBFX? Mandarine and so on.

I mean: when you see some EA created or promoted so - the very reasonable question will be the following: "which broker this EA was created for?" If the developer or promoter "does not understand" your question so he/she is not seriously promoting and may be - he did not make any forward test it and so on.

We are lucky that this Tick scalper works for almost any broker.

Reason: