For "Solar wind" believers - page 12

I think a better pic after reading this thread & knowing about solar winds should be the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope no one gets killed by the train (nor Solar Winds) :-)

Pava:
...that picture depicts winter sky...so one can go and snow ski?

Naughty Pava. Here, stand very very still in front of the snow ski :-)

Nah:)...I disagree with you guys...solar wind is great!...It is possible to trade with repainting/recalculating indicators successfully...even without confirmation from non-repainting ones...my 2 cents

Files:
a.gif  30 kb

Pava:
Nah:)...I disagree with you guys...solar wind is great!...It is possible to trade with repainting/recalculating indicators successfully...even without confirmation from non-repainting ones...my 2 cents

I dont disagree with you Pava that recalculating indicators can be used, nor has mladen nor anyone said they cant be used successfully here. As alike all systems, if there are multiple indicators for confluence, there can be increased probability signals, so im sure it can be possible as you say to use recalculating indicators entirely. Im a newbie still in the learning stage so it's good to learn from you all as i can see you're also an experienced trader Pava as seen from your posts in other threads.

Personally, as a side note to my current system which im looking forward to test soon, im looking at the use of Fourier Extrapolation of indicator/FEOI, with SSA of an indicator to pre-process, to smooth and also low pass 1st but im a zero at coding so not sure how to get this done unless i get help from somewhere (i hate to trouble Mladen/mrtools as they're so busy but idk who i can ask to help on this so probably i'll still have to trouble them). Maybe you can help me out here Pava hahhahhahaha!

But what i think is the important point here which we all agree is that there are many people who have been exposed to such such stuff for the 1st time/did not check carefully that the indicators were recalculating, & that Mladen has done a great job in educating us all/making us more wary of checking indicators, if we are to use them.

By the way, as a side note, i just happened to notice that Mladen is reaching 10,000 posts soon: A milestone! Pops Champagne **** ~~~

Pava:
...that picture depicts winter sky...so one can go and snow ski?

That is a solar wind there

Looks way better than the indicator

"Maybe you can help me out here Pava hahhahhahaha!"-Help you with coding???...I sure will!:)

Pava:
"Maybe you can help me out here Pava hahhahhahaha!"-Help you with coding???...I sure will!:)

Hahahaa. As is, mladen has already helped me with that when i asked him yesterday. Luv for Mladen. No luv for Pava..... HAHHAHAHAHA. You can give me suggestions for the base indicator :-) Now having a headache with thinking what to put theoretically as the base indicator for the fourier extrapolation.... something that has characteristics of being weak stationary. I'm thinking of normalized indicators, but as you know, a gaussian distribution doesnt mean it has a stable mean nor variance.... & vice versa, though it might get closer to the weak stationary goal.

This is as close as i can think of, & perhaps what i need is just a simple nonparametric indicator like a MA for instance as additional confirmation when the indicator has directional failure moments (continued price movements/trends).

Suggestions welcomed pava hhheheee :-)

oh...I am full of it (suggestions)...try renko for confirmation...

Hehehe. Thanks for the suggestion Pava. But renko uses fixed blocks of price. It's a good suggestion but it's not any much theoretically different from using RSI. Normalization is the best that can be done probably, since there is a "forced clustering" of data points at the centre area with much less data points at the extreme. Strong stationary characteristics are hard or maybe impossible to achieve so, i'll make do. Thanks anyway Pava, before Mladen kills us for hijacking this thread hhehhehehee sorry mladen

wintersky...it (renko) works for me so far for confirmation...RSI doesn't...( If I am going to get killed, it will be ruled "suicide":)