Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 351

Well I got everything set up now, just wondering mr_nims do you still recommend the settings you had in the pdf? because on the ea you just posted the default settings are 5, 0, 2, true, true, false when the one before on the first page are 10, 0, 2, true, true false. Also is there a system you have for the v3.4 for scalping?

Also are you only to place trades when an arrow appears and the other conditions are met? do the arrows appear at the very start of the renko bar? because if not then I hope theres an alert for the arrows aswell.

Hi nkcoghill,

5 is the setting that's default on the Renko EA that was meant for scalping, but that's not the one I'd recommend for anyone who's starting out with the renko system. 10 is the setting I recommend for starters, it's good enough to filter the range and fake well.

Note that the IINM arrows are not an entry signal of any kind to make a trade, It was just added for the use of a possible reversal scenario in-case you were in a trade, so you could be ready to make an exit if you were floating profit. I've not mentioned anywhere in the first post or the manual to use the arrow as an entry, BTW it has nothing to do with the renko chart or the renko chart setup, it's just somewhat of a fast vs slow 3 period moving average crossover arrow, just to be used as a tip for a possible exit or price action reversal.

I do have an entire renko scalping strategy as part in my commercial, but you won't need that. You can just do some R&D and play around with the right box sizes and custom indicators and create your own renko scalper.

Regs,

Nick

Thanks guys, will try it when I will have time ...

Hello, thanks to Nick, I also started out with his Renko 2 which was working out well --- demoing on EURAUD

my "new" laptop was in for warranty repairs so I started out with my "old" one - successfully -- yesterday I loaded Renko 2 on my repaired "new" laptop and noticed last night that the renko bars are different from the old machine??

from the recent top to lower top - old one = 8 bars

new one = 5 bars

all bars from top on old machine = 15 -- all bars have tails on them -- especially the last one (current low ? )

bars from top on new = 8 -- about 1/2 the bars have tails only

how can this be when I have the same template on both? renko ashi2 jpy

I've been trading on the old machine happily and am concerned about making the switchover -- the old chart looks & feels good

any suggestions what's wrong are all welcome

thanks

you friggen kill me........LMAO

I wonder if you have a different Heiken Ashi indicator on new machine..

Maybe you can check

jasper2122:
Hello, thanks to Nick, I also started out with his Renko 2 which was working out well --- demoing on EURAUD

my "new" laptop was in for warranty repairs so I started out with my "old" one - successfully -- yesterday I loaded Renko 2 on my repaired "new" laptop and noticed last night that the renko bars are different from the old machine??

from the recent top to lower top - old one = 8 bars

new one = 5 bars

all bars from top on old machine = 15 -- all bars have tails on them -- especially the last one (current low ? )

bars from top on new = 8 -- about 1/2 the bars have tails only

how can this be when I have the same template on both? renko ashi2 jpy

I've been trading on the old machine happily and am concerned about making the switchover -- the old chart looks & feels good

any suggestions what's wrong are all welcome

thanks

Does the renko chart repaint? I'm using the EA on the first post to generate the offline chart.

Pippo Inzaghi:
nkcoghill and wulong10

In case the renko ea you're using isnt working for you, I attached another one that should work instead. make sure you put it in your experts folder, then follow these steps:

1. open an M1 chart - use the home key on your keyboard to scroll as far back on the charts as possible. this will ensure you load as much price data history as possible.

2. attach the renkolivecharts ea to the M1 chart

3. adjust the settings for your preference. I attached a sample screenshot. RenkoBoxSize is how many pips you want your bricks to be (in this case 10). RenkoTimeFrame is the offline chart timeframe you assign your renko chart (in this case M10). You can assign any number - 2, 3, 7, 20 - whatever. Just make sure you DONT use a regular MT4 timeframe like 5, 15, 30, 60 etc.

4. after choosing your settings, wait a few moments for the M1 chart to start receiving tick data (so obviously do this when the markets are open)

5. open your renko chart from File --> Open Offline. Look for your chart in the list with the timeframe you assigned it. ex. EURUSD M10

You can now apply any template or indicators you want to this offline chart. Under the properties tab, make sure "candlesticks" is chosen to properly see the renko bricks.

Remember, you need to keep the M1 chart open at all times in order for the renko chart to work (you can minimize it) and you need to open a separate M1 chart for each currency pair you want a renko chart for.

hope that helps!

I like the renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_13

the only problem I have with it: sometimes it freezes my mt4. from 10 sec up to a few minutes.

can you please add an input for max bars used for calculation?

marley60:
I like the renkolivecharts_pimped_v4_13

the only problem I have with it: sometimes it freezes my mt4. from 10 sec up to a few minutes.

can you please add an input for max bars used for calculation?

How does it freeze your terminal?

What build?

Reason: